Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi Card for W7 64bit

Options
  • 02-08-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

I've tired 3 old PCI Wifi G cards with W7 64 and none work properly. I can get them to work with W7 32 but not 64. Seems like theres newer revisions of thecards for W7 32/64. None of other drivers work XP 32/64, Vista 32/64 I've tried them all. Curiously the default drivers with W7 itself seem very old.

Wondering what cards ogther people are using.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

When you get them working in windows 7 x86 what is the device called? Once you get the device name it will be a lot easier to find the correct device driver.
    Also worth noting is if the device has WHQL certification then it must have both x86 and x64 drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They probably aren't WHQL.

Any suggestions of one that are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

pop it into the pc and download this http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and it will tell you what card it is there should,nt be a problem getting it to work on 64 bit

Advertisement