Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Shower?

Options
  • 02-08-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. My electric shower wont give me any hot water for the last few days. Are there any reasons (other than the element having burnt out) why this might have happened? Is there a seperate fuse or anything? It happened a couple of years ago as well but came back after two days. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

did you try cleaning the showerhead
    what make of shower?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Its a 'Mira Sport'. Not the showerhead as Ive let it run with it taken off but still cold. Also Ive noticed a little humming noise coming from the box when I turn the temp dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Have you tried cleaning the inlet Filter?

Nope. Is that the little holes on the bottom? Noticed it last night. If it is do I take the cover off to do it? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Nope. Is that the little holes on the bottom? Noticed it last night. If it is do I take the cover off to do it? Cheers.

No it's inside the unit.

See page 27 on the manual below.

http://help.tradingdepot.co.uk/bathrooms/mira/mira-sport-thermostatic.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

sounds very similar as what happened to mine last year, a humming sound started, and random hot and cold, and then finally cold the whole time.

Luckily the corporation had put ours in (father had alzheimers), seen as they had put it in they replaced it free of charge, the plumber said that the humming meant the thermostat had blown (reason for no hot).

If you are getting a replacement try and get the same model as it can be easily put back on the wall, a different make could have different plumbing in which case the whole fittings will need to be altered.

Cheers lads. On mobile at the moment. Ill have a look at the file when I get to a comp.

Advertisement