Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap wireless speaker options

Options
  • 02-08-2010 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I need advise on the cheapest way to get music wirelessly into 4 floors of a period home, preferably with 1 control point (a PC we will have) and perhaps the ability to adjust the music in different rooms. About 8-10 speakers in total for the 8 rooms. I have read airport express might be the cheapest route and sonos the best, but I was quoted €3,500 to do a full sonos system in peats-want to do it for around €500 total or else I just go with separate CD/music players. I think Logitech will cost around €1000 and Airport Express almost the same (needs 1 per room at €100 euro each plus speakers). Any ideas on how to get this cost down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think your expectations are unrealistic. €500 wouldn't get you half decent speakers for 8 rooms, IMO, let alone the rest of the gear needed. Even if you were to put a cheap iPod dock in each room and carry the iPod from room to room it would cost you more than your budget.

Here is another way to do it: http://www.amphony.com/products/l1550.htm

But again it would be way beyond your budget for 8 rooms.

Advertisement