Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick take 2!

• 02-08-2010 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭

I was in Kilkee yesterday and i have to say eventhough i know its like a second home for us, the place was MOBBED with Limerick people, i never knew that many people went there! its like everyone just took flight and went there for the day.
    Literally every few seconds we would see more people we knew!

its funny cos walking down the main street all can hear is that familier Limerick twang :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Was there myself for a few hours,Limerick by the sea:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pretty much that way any summer Bank holiday or fine weekend for as long as I can remember. BallyB is that way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Here is a video of Limerick this weekend :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kess73 wrote: »
    Pretty much that way any summer Bank holiday or fine weekend for as long as I can remember. BallyB is that way too.

Definately true for both Ballybunion and Kilkee.

I prefer Kilkee because it has less scumbags than Ballybunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Ballybunion is like Costa del Sham on a hot day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Berty wrote: »
    I prefer Kilkee because it has less scumbags than Ballybunion.
    Do think so? I find the opposite to be true. Dont get me wrong, there are plenty of scummers in Ballybunion, but Kilkee seems to be a particular favourite of the city's tracksuit heads. I dont think as many of them go to Kerry. I'd prefer Ballybunion myself, much better beach and scenery and fantastic golf course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

just back from a trip to the sunny south east, no scumbag /pikey/pavee/scote/etc/etc, not even a cop in uniform, it was on our third day when we realised there was something missing from the streets, yes all of the above, no one drinking cider or smoking weed in public, why i dunno, it was unusual but very NICE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

flutered wrote: »
    just back from a trip to the sunny south east, no scumbag /pikey/pavee/scote/etc/etc, not even a cop in uniform, it was on our third day when we realised there was something missing from the streets, yes all of the above, no one drinking cider or smoking weed in public, why i dunno, it was unusual but very NICE.

Did you go to Tramore? Obviously not by your description. Its basically Little Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I tend to avoid both Kilkee and Ballybunion, it's like walking down Cruises Street on a Saturday afternoon. Prefer to think outside the two usual default choices for Limerick folks and head to the likes of Banna beach in Kerry or Spiddal in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

Berty wrote: »
    Did you go to Tramore? Obviously not by your description. Its basically Little Dublin.
    naw we were in wexford, nice weather good food, good beer, plus most importantly it is cheaper than limerick, the hotel had both tea and coffee free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

flutered wrote: »

Banned - one month

Advertisement