Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROAD TO CLOSE NOT PAYED FOR

Options
  • 02-08-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

What is the deal with this homemade sign going North and South bound on the M1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

I dont know, it seems to appear on the motorway every so often, wondered the same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

They had a smaller sign going North bound for awhile but it disappeared for a few months, now theres a new bigger bolder sign going both directions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i remeber reading something in the paper a while back abou the land on which it is built was not paid for in total.

you here these stories the whole time. sometimes bitter farmers not getting the going rate for the land etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I believe Fingal Co Council bought the land off a guy and paid agricultural prices for it rather than re-zoned prices so to speak. He was none too pleased about it and erected those signs to highlight his dilemma. I saw him once pulled in on the hard shoulder fixing one of the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

sounds like a CPO ( copulsory purchase order) where they take the land off you and throw you a bit of cash. no unusual when building a motorway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

those signs have sporadically been there since the road opened - and thats aaaaaaaages ago now.

Advertisement