Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 can't connect to server

Options
  • 02-08-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I bought this game for PC, vista64, everything works bar cannot connect to any online games just get "Connection to the game server has been lost'

I have connected to 2 games in the months ive had it, it appears to be a common problem, theres a 35 page thread with ppl with same problem on the ea forums but there has been nothing coming out from them about it even being a known issue,
    I chucked it in the bin, I just bought MW1 on steam and it works fine :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

samwilson wrote: »
    I bought this game for PC, vista64, everything works bar cannot connect to any online games just get "Connection to the game server has been lost'

In case your're interested, the problem is with your router or ISP, but more than likely your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

i have to turn off the firewall on my router to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes ive got the same problem also.
    Ive tried opening ports on my router but no joy.
    Some times I get into a game but its a lot of effort.
    I find playing the game on my xbox fixes the problem but then creates other controler issues, no keyboard and mouse that is.

Mad its only BC2 PC version that seems to have the problem all other games and formats seem fine. Also Ive tried with 2 different routers.

Advertisement