Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to grand canal theatre

Options
  • 02-08-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

i'm a nervous driver and driving from limerick,,so going to park in the (a)red cow to use the park and ride facility..so on the luas site it tells me that the stop will take me to (b)spencer dock with a walk over samual beckett bridge to the grand canal theatre. my question is how much of a walk is this and also how long is the luas journey from (a )to( b)?? thanks everyone!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Walk is about 10 mins so very close by! Enjoy theatre!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

aw very good,,which stop would be near the red line for us to get off and do some shopping and also can we just hop on hop off with the same tickets?? going to see chitty chitty bang bang:)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

You can get off at the Jervis Street stop or Abbey Street and there are lots of shops around these 2 areas. The Abbey Street is the one after Jervis but I'd recommend getting off at the Jervis stop, go into Jervis Shopping Centre (turn left as you get off the Luas and you'll see an escalator to your right that leads up to the shopping centre). Once you're finished in Jervis ask anyone for the exit door to Henry Street (although you'll probably see the door yourself) and make your way down Henry street towards O' Connell Street. Once you're on O' Connell Street you can make your way towards Clearys (the Luas is nearly beside it) and go on to Spencers Dock. I think technically you need to buy new tickets but I'd just hop on and if any inspectors come along just show them the tickets you bought at the Red Cow stop. Make sure you buy return Luas tickets at the Red Cow stop as these will allow you to travel all day on the Luas. Enjoy :)

Advertisement