Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent in Limerick

• 02-08-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am paying 230 for a double room in a house in Dooradoyle.Is this too much?The house is only a few years old.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Is the house decent? i.e. big, well kept, etc? If so id say its average enough considering dooradoyle aint a bad area on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭fire_man

Yeah its a nice house in fairness,plenty big,its in cuirt na coirbe,i was going to try and knock down the price abit .

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

got some friends and family out there, and one in particular pays 590 for a four bed in greenview close

id say your paying way too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Cheapest double room in dooradoyle at the moment is €180.

26 different rooms on daft.

It depends on the house really + house mates.

Sounds about average,

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Im paying 270 for a double but it has a massive ensuite. House is well kept and the landlord/room mates are dead on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭fire_man

One of my house mate's is a bit weird,he lives on raw meat and nuts,he puts the meat it into the oven for 2 mins and then eats it,disgusting.I came back one eve and he was doing silly dancing around the kitchen ,he ran up stairs when he saw me come in.strange man indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I'm paying €300 a month, for a fairly large ensuite room in a house in Dooradoyle, so I'd say you're paying a reasonable amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

fire_man wrote: »
    One of my house mate's is a bit weird,he lives on raw meat and nuts,he puts the meat it into the oven for 2 mins and then eats it,disgusting.I came back one eve and he was doing silly dancing around the kitchen ,he ran up stairs when he saw me come in.strange man indeed.

lol ewwwwwwww!!! A bit weird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Hi,
    I am paying 230 for a double room in a house in Dooradoyle.Is this too much?The house is only a few years old.

230 is about average. You could probably sniff out something a little cheaper but as has been said, if you are happy with the house/ housemates then I would stay put.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I think it's pretty unfair to judge your house mate's lifestyle and post it publicly, it just sounds like a high protein diet, it's not weird.

To answer your question, I think what your paying is alright, I've paid way more for worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

200 for a spacious double room on Church road from looking at an ad on the
    notice board in work.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

tbf to him,so would I if I thought I was caught doing silly dancing around the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I'm paying €250 for a small double-room with no ensuite so you're not doing too badly at all OP :)

Advertisement