Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found in Navan

Options
  • 02-08-2010 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

Found a brown boxer cross pup in navan today. If anyone thinks they know who owns him please pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Dont know owner but I know someone who would love a boxer if you dont find owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

alanajane wrote: »
    Dont know owner but I know someone who would love a boxer if you dont find owner.

It seems to be a boxer pug stafford cross. Quite the mix. I'll keep it myself if the owner isn't found. He's quite a funny looking fella. Has an overbite and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

k_mac wrote: »
    It seems to be a boxer pug stafford cross. Quite the mix. I'll keep it myself if the owner isn't found. He's quite a funny looking fella. Has an overbite and all.

Maybe ring up the garda station and just ask did anyone ask about a missing dog, rare but sometimes people do do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

OP best bet is probably to ring around some of the vets in Navan. That's usually the first port of call for owners when their dogs go missing.

The dog is microchipped but the chip number isn't registered. I'm thinking this dog came from a pound and was less than what the owners expected. The vets is my next port of call now that I have the chip number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You should really ring all the local vets and garda stations to see if anyone has reported their dog missing and ask the local pound too and put up notices in local shops.
    There could be someone looking for the dog that doesnt necessarily have access to the internet so try all those avenues first.

andreac wrote: »
    You should really ring all the local vets and garda stations to see if anyone has reported their dog missing and ask the local pound too and put up notices in local shops.
    There could be someone looking for the dog that doesnt necessarily have access to the internet so try all those avenues first.

The dog is in the pound at the moment as they take it for five days before they rehome it. And the gardaí are aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

k_mac wrote: »
    The dog is in the pound at the moment as they take it for five days before they rehome it. And the gardaí are aware of it.

Sorry but thats not true:( That poor dog will be pts if its not claimed within 5 days. Dogs at the pound are not rehomed. Once they have not been reclaimed by their owner they are pts. Some pounds like Ashtown in Dublin work in conjunction with a rescue and they foster out the dogs but dont think many work like this.

Why did you take him to the pound anyway? Thought you were going to keep him?
    This poor dog will prob be gone to doggie heaven by now.

andreac wrote: »
    Sorry but thats not true:( That poor dog will be pts if its not claimed within 5 days. Dogs at the pound are not rehomed. Once they have not been reclaimed by their owner they are pts. Some pounds like Ashtown in Dublin work in conjunction with a rescue and they foster out the dogs but dont think many work like this.

Why did you take him to the pound anyway? Thought you were going to keep him?
    This poor dog will prob be gone to doggie heaven by now.

The dogs are kept for five days to give the owner a chance to claim them. If they haven't been claimed they are offered to anyone who has declared an interest. If no interest they are put down. I gave him to the pound to give his owner a chance. The pound put his picture on their site. Just got off the phone with them and the owner has come forward to claim him.

Advertisement