Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't post on Martial Arts froum?

Options
  • 02-08-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi

When I tried to start a thread on the MA Forum it kept directing me to the log in page even though it says I'm logged in. My profile says I can start threads etc! I tried ticking the "remember me" box like was suggested below, didn't work. Thought it might be something to do with my password so I reset it and that didn't work?
    Tried to post on another forum and that worked fine!
    I'm new on here and have only posted a couple of times and nothing off the wall so I couldn't be banned could I?
    Appreciate the help
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey Darren.

There's nothing in your account that should prevent you from starting a thread there (in other words, there isn't a ban sitting there for that forum or any forum).

I suspect it's something to do with your browser or server caching, at least it's a best guess. As you've already tried the password and login bits, can you try hitting ctrl-F5 in the forum itself (as a hard cache refresh) and see if it makes any difference? Try the same on the page that opens when you click the "new thread" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Darren Mahony

Hi Sceptre
    Thanks for the swift reply. I tried the shiftF5 function and it worked. It still wouldn't let me start the thread in the normal fashion but only in the M.A. forum so don't know whats going on there but still, job done anyway so thanks again.

Regards
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well, if it's worked, good! That's still weird though that there's still a bit of an issue - I reckon a proper cache clear (do a google search with that and your browser name as the search terms) should sort it out if you get the time at some point.

Advertisement