Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Won't Startup

• 02-08-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

My computer won't startup properly. It gets to a certain point( the windows logo) but then goes back to the 'start windows normally' and 'safe mode' screen. I have hit both the 'normal start' mode and the 'last configuration that worked' mode, but neither work. it does start in safe mode though. I did a system restore at 1 day/2 day/1 week/1 month but this did not help the problem. I'm running on Windows XP.

Can anyone suggest any other solutions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

What make is the hardware? Have you installed/uninstalled anything recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

okay if it starts in Safe Mode that is at least something... Have you added new hardware/software recently or updated the drivers for any of the hardware... Or it could be issues with Viruses/Spyware or a misconfigured application.

A lot of times this sort of thing can be caused by the video driver, so I would probably start by booting to safe mode | removing the graphics card from Device Manager | Then reboot...

Also, can you run a full virus scan from Safe Mode..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

hey, I haven't installed any new hardware or software recently. As regards viruses/malware, i have AVG installed along with MalwareBytes, but I will do a full scan tomorrow. Not sure about removing video card from the device manager; is that simple to put things back the way they were?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lou cypher

Sounds like same problem i had and it was the graphics card. In safe mode,DISABLE the Display Adapter in the device manager. Restart the computer. If it starts normally then its your graphics card. If not you can ENABLE the Display Adapter again in the Device Manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Try f8,safe mode,directory services restore mode,it should fix the windows boot files.it could be a virus.Do a full scan with, antivirus and malwarebyte scan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement