Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you be a member of two cycling clubs?

• 02-08-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi guys I'm currently a member if a cycling club but due to work commitments I'm not around to train with them very often. Can anyone tell me can I join another club in Dublin and be a member of two clubs? Any implications with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

as far as i know you can if you pay membership fees - may depend on particular clubs regs

you can only have a Cycling Ireland licence with one as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Slideshow's right - you can be a member of as many clubs as will take you but you can have only hold one licence per year. So long as the other club is satisfied that you have a licence (and so insurance to train) then you should have no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

you can only have a Cycling Ireland licence with one as far as I know

Yes, this is my understanding.

Also, if you disclose to the second club that you're a member of a different club already, they may get skittish as there are rules (written or otherwise) about poaching members from other clubs, and you normally need the first club to officially release you, which in this case would make no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Lumen wrote: »
    Yes, this is my understanding.

Also, if you disclose to the second club that you're a member of a different club already, they may get skittish as there are rules (written or otherwise) about poaching members from other clubs, and you normally need the first club to officially release you, which in this case would make no sense.

I think tha's primarily if one is leaving a club which they competed with to compete with a different club.

As I've read it, it should also hold true for anyone with any licence type but it seems rather pointless to require club secretaries to sign off on leisure licence holders looking to move to a different club

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭keano007

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't think the club would have a problem as I would only be going as a leisure cyclist. It just makes sense as I can't get out group training with my club at the moment because it would mean a long drive for me but at the same time I want to stay attached to that club

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

SBS's right on this. You can be a member of as many cliubs as you want but can only be registered with one on your CI licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

Then just take an unattached CI leisure licence and regsiter with any clubs you want. Makes things a little cleaner.

Advertisement