Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cycle around Ireland 2010

• 02-08-2010 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

In two days time I set off on a cycle around Irelands coastline on a loop that should be approximately 1700km long. m planning for this trip to take about 13 days. Does anyone think this is a relaistic time?
    Its a charitable cause. If anyone has any tips or would be curious to follow my progress I set up a blog where I'll be dishing the deatils of each days pain

http://meegoschallenge.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Best of luck with that!
    I did a similar trip in 07, went Dublin south along the coast up until westport, then across the midlands. That was 1,700km. i did it in 14 days including two rest days.
    How many rest days have you planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

bmeego wrote: »
    In two days time I set off on a cycle around Irelands coastline on a loop that should be approximately 1700km long. m planning for this trip to take about 13 days. Does anyone think this is a relaistic time?
    Its a charitable cause. If anyone has any tips or would be curious to follow my progress I set up a blog where I'll be dishing the deatils of each days pain

http://meegoschallenge.blogspot.com/

That's approximately 130km each and every day. Have you cycled much before? What sort of bike do you have? Are you carrying your belongings, or is someone following you?

Can you take more time if required?

What route are you taking? Clockwise, anti-clockwise?

Great idea, btw.

DFD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bmeego

hmmm, Ive no rest days planned. I have to leave wednesday as Ive a course to finish, and I have to be back by the 17th for an interview.

Ive got a tourer bike. Nice and ligh, will be carrying a few bits of clothes and other essentials. Ill be going south from Dublin.hope to be in new ross the first night.

Can you tell me any diet tips on your trip you done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

OP wrote:
    ...1700km long. m planning for this trip to take about 13 days. Does anyone think this is a relaistic time?

[Paiging Blorg to reception please]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bmeego

Have no idea what your talking about mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭meercat

good luck and safe travels
    i will follow your blog with interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OP
    ...1700km long. m planning for this trip to take about 13 days. Does anyone think this is a relaistic time?
    [Paiging Blorg to reception please]
    Just to put your mind at ease BLORG is the High King of Boards Touring

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭DualFrontDiscs

I'd move the interview and take some rest days. It's a great reason for moving an interview ;)

With regard to diet, eat everything you can find. I swear by porridge. Twice a day if necessary. Are you camping, B&Bs, hotels, friends? Or a combination?

DFD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

yeah very best of luck ,a great snack to take along is raisin's great energy boost and of course bananas ;)
    so are you camping or credit card touring ,oh yeah take lights the nights are starting to close in;)

Advertisement