Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Clearance & Round-up/Gallup or other!

Options
  • 02-08-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Evening all

Would love some advice!

I have a 2 acre site in the good old west (Galway), it has a 100 year old farm house on it and we use it, say, once a month. The old owner lived there full-time and had the time to spend going around it, keeping it in shape, cutting the lawns, hedges etc. Well, needless to say because I am hardly down there, the lawns are now meadows, the hedges are wild and free etc.

Now I dont mind the lawns and hedges bit, because it looks kinda nice and wild, forest like etc. But the grounds imediately around the house I have a problem with and the yard! They have become very wild and are encroaching on the house at this stage. There are some lovely trees around the house, which I have felled the lower branches off, but weeds (3 foot high in some areas) have taken over.

I like the bare soil look, like see the trunks of the trees and the bare soil under them etc, and would like to clear the weeds/overgrowth away on a permanent basis (including the yard).

I would consider myself to have green fingers, but have only dealt with city gardens!

What is best to do this with? Do I apply twice a year to keep them at bay etc? How much of the stuff do I need? Is it just a light spray or a good soaking?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blanchd15

I have found gallup very good for clearing grassland on an area that size maybe you should invest in a knapsack sprayer and just follow the mixing
    instrutions on the leaflet

Advertisement