Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Change of ownership without log book / while waiting for log book - is it possible?

• 02-08-2010 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, bought a car about a month ago, still haven't received the logbook, rang the previous owner and he forgot to send it, now it'll be another while before i get the logbook, i have a buyer for the car who's not going to hang around long, and i NEED THE CAR GONE.

Is there anyway of maybe writing the details of the car / owners on a sheet and get it signed by the guards or something along those lines so i can sell the car properly until i get the logbook?

I will appreciate any help with this, please don't reply with completely off topic replies... Thanks !

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place or somethin, i don't use forums, just need help with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

If I was the buyer I'd never buy a car from someone who doesn't have a logbook.
    Get a logbook from previous owner before he'll manage to sell it.
    Then send it to Shannon, with a letter stating that there was another change of ownership i the meantime (before logbook was sent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 square_a

Hey im kinda wondering the same thing my story is way worse and is nearly 2 messy 2 b true but here it goes: my boyfriend bought me a car 4 years ago for my birthday and has been in my possession, ive never driven before so this was ideal for my first car, unfortuantely things went wrong job wise and we couldnt afford to get me going on the road, also at this point i should add he knows the person who gave him the car so as there was no hurry because of money to get me on the road we were in no rush to change ownership etc. 4 years later im ready to finally get going and the owners are incapacitated both physically and mentally so we have noway of gettin the logbook or any written proof whatsoever to say i am the true owner of the car. i went into the gardai and asked and they told me to get written proof off the owners and ring shannon but i cant get anything at all. ive sent shannon an email to their querie dept and am awaitng reply. anybody know of anyway i can get around this mess, ive googled and i seem to be the only person this has happened to :(

Advertisement