Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Built in sat nav

Options
  • 02-08-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hey folks,
    looking for some info if possible. i have a peugeot 407 2007 reg. it has a navteq built in sat nav rt4 version and im looking to update the maps on it and just wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to go about it. i know getting the disk with a dealer can be anything up on 300euro. just wondering is there a cheaper fix.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Goto Navteq site store here.
    Select Car & Device if factory installed
    or
    Make & Model if after installed.
    If you can not find your device contact Navteq directly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

Rip it out, put in an ordinary stereo and buy a Nokia smartphone with free satnav and map updates for life, an end to the rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cootehill

thanks for the reply. was very tempted to get rid of it as it tends to over heat but everything is worked through the screen eg air con radio phone. anyway will keep hunting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I was in the same pedicament, I had an older model Citroen with built-in Navteq. The discs were around 180 swiss francs, so instead I bought a new TomTom.

- Pros
    navigation is faster to calculate routes
    maps updated more frequently & easily
    more features

- Cons
    The built-in is easier to control
    TomTom is stuck on the windscreen with annoying power cable

Advertisement