Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Womens Road Bike

• 02-08-2010 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all, I'm a new convert to the world of cycling and I'm loving it i have to say. (though wasnt loving it that much on the 'hill' in Inisteoige in the Tour de Kilkenny. Who would've thought that the Pyrenees stretched all the way to Kilkenny! - great tour btw!). I'm clearly loving it too much however as the soon to be Mrs. Trappatoni has decided she is going to take up cycling too!:eek:
    With Mrs Trapps birthday coming up, I am looking at getting her a road bike to join me on the sportives! So the question is what to get her?

The good news is that I'll be moving to the US in the very near future, so am looking to buy over there. I am mainly looking at an entry level c$700 for her, and was thinking of the Felt ZW100 http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2010-Product-Catalog/Fit-Woman/ZW-Series/ZW100.aspx

Is this the right type of bike for Mrs. T (2B)? From my perspective it's spot on, seeing as i have a team carbon boardman, so the weight differential should be enough to keep her a few feet behind me and for my male ego to remain intact!! Any suggestions from the female experts out there as to what a good bike for her might be? Mainly would see her doing 50-100k cycles, and probably moving on to triathlons.

Any advice greatfully accepted!

Advertisement