Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Looking to compare 2 runs but a year apart. I would appear that I can only compare 2 runs on the same list page on the Modern interphase. If I remember correctly you used to be able to click compare while looking at a single run and it would bring up other similar distance runs. I can't locate any compare option while viewing a single run in Modern. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? Even if you click one run on the activities page the compare option is still greyed out until you select 2 runs from the same page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭crisco10

Hey, my 220 USB cradle is starting to play up. Was going to go try find one via google, but just thought this forum might have a better/quicker/cheaper answer! Had a quick look on Amazon and at £15.99 they seem quite expensive...

Anybody had to source this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I'm looking to upgrade my beloved and trusty Forerunner 305 (the one that looks like a small 1990's laptop with a strap stuck on it :D) and not 100% sure what the modern day equivalent is???

The 305 is still going ok but have noticed the battery draining a lot quicker lately and with the weak pound at the moment, I'm telling myself this might be the optimum time to invest

- I don't want/need HRM or steps/sleep/activity tracking.

-Just the basic running functionality - intervals, workouts etc.

Cheers cm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Only think to be wary of with the 220 or 230, I don't think they have multi sport like the 405. If you never use it on the 405 then it doesn't matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sgal

Hi, I tried searching but this thread but haven't had any luck, apologies if it is already there somewhere. I recently got a garmin forerunner 230 and set it up for kms as that is what I was used to running in. However I have started a marathon training plan in miles and have switched settings accordingly on the watch and garmin connect on my phone. Everything now is in miles - distance, pace etc. however my split times are still popping up in kms on the watch. Even when reviewing laps on my phone afterwards it shows the laps as being 0.62 miles! I've gone through every thing I can see but can anyone help as to what setting I have missed, its not the end of the world but a bit frustrating. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

sgal wrote: »
    Hi, I tried searching but this thread but haven't had any luck, apologies if it is already there somewhere. I recently got a garmin forerunner 230 and set it up for kms as that is what I was used to running in. However I have started a marathon training plan in miles and have switched settings accordingly on the watch and garmin connect on my phone. Everything now is in miles - distance, pace etc. however my split times are still popping up in kms on the watch. Even when reviewing laps on my phone afterwards it shows the laps as being 0.62 miles! I've gone through every thing I can see but can anyone help as to what setting I have missed, its not the end of the world but a bit frustrating. thanks

This has happened me before. I think it's in settings and lap and change that. It's something simple anyway and don't worry it can be fixed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Auto lap is what you need to change, from 1k to 1 mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Anyone else's watch not syncing with their connect app anymore over Bluetooth? It just stopped working for me a week or two ago. Think it might've been an update in the app - quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

My Garmin has turned in to a time machine! I did a run last Sunday and for some reason it marked it as being on the 17th August 2016. Every time I've run since then it always puts the Sunday run to the top of the activities list. Today I ran and it marked it as Tuesday 12th July! It won't include either run in my weekly totals (I guess the app thinks I haven't done them yet!) Anyone know how to fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lizzy C

Hey, does anybody know how to generate reports for custom dates (e.g year to date) - it was easy to do in the old garmin connect, but since switching to modern, I don't know how to do it - the only options it seems to give are for last week, last month, last six months or last year. :mad:
    [am I missing something really obvious?]
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Lizzy C wrote: »
    Hey, does anybody know how to generate reports for custom dates (e.g year to date) - it was easy to do in the old garmin connect, but since switching to modern, I don't know how to do it - the only options it seems to give are for last week, last month, last six months or last year. :mad:
    [am I missing something really obvious?]
    Thanks!
    You can still do it the same way.
    [Reports]
    [Progress Summary]
    [Report on Custom Dates] for [Activity Type]

Thanks Krusty, but I can't see Progress Summary anywhere. My reports page just looks like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Lizzy C wrote: »
    Thanks Krusty, but I can't see Progress Summary anywhere. My reports page just looks like this...

When you navigate to the report section, try adding an s to the end of the url so it reads reports rather than report.

I'm just curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

I tried to setup intervals on a Forerunner 920 today.

In Running/Activity Settings/Training/Intervals - I edited it as follows - 6 x 400m intervals with a rest of 1.20 in between - warm up and cool down both set to on.

In Intervals I selected 'Do Workout'

Got a message on screen saying press start to begin & 'Warm up until lap begins'

I ran a 1km warmup but nothing happened after the warmup - it just recorded like a normal run.

Any ideas??

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    When you navigate to the report section, try adding an s to the end of the url so it reads reports rather than report.

I'm just curious :)
    Yes that worked, if you add an 's' into the url so that it just reads https://connect.garmin.com/modern/reports then the progress summary comes up. On doing further research I discovered that it's not just me where the progress summary option doesn't come up ! Apparently if you use Mozilla Firefox then there's a problem, but with Chrome or Internet Explorer the progress summary comes on the report widget.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭28064212

niallo32 wrote: »
    I tried to setup intervals on a Forerunner 920 today.

In Running/Activity Settings/Training/Intervals - I edited it as follows - 6 x 400m intervals with a rest of 1.20 in between - warm up and cool down both set to on.

In Intervals I selected 'Do Workout'

Got a message on screen saying press start to begin & 'Warm up until lap begins'

I ran a 1km warmup but nothing happened after the warmup - it just recorded like a normal run.

Any ideas??
    Press the lap button when you're finished your warm-up

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Press the lap button when you're finished your warm-up

Great thanks, need to press it again when I'm finished the intervals (pre cool-down) or its all automatic from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭28064212

niallo32 wrote: »
    Great thanks, need to press it again when I'm finished the intervals (pre cool-down) or its all automatic from there?
    All automatic from there, just need to press stop when you've finished your cool-down

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    All automatic from there, just need to press stop when you've finished your cool-down

Brilliant thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

On my old 620 auto lap was automatically disabled when doing an interval session from 'My Workouts' on the watch.
    I've upgraded to the 230 now but it doesn't seem to disable auto lap. E.G. yesterday I had 12 minute intervals which worked out around 1.75 miles but auto lap would kick in at 1 mile messing up my pacing. I copped on during the warmup (not the first time its happened) and restarted the session but its a pain in the ass. Any hidden setting on the watch I'm missing?

Edit: Found answer

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?340110-Autolap-My-Workouts-and-FR-230&highlight=autolap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ANy one have troubles getting Connect to sync to other apps lately? I normally sync to training peaks and strava but tonight I synced a race I did at the weekend and its ot showing up on either of the others,

EDIT: Took a few hours but finally synced over

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Skidrow

Garmin 405 issue.

My runs since mid July are not showing up on Garmin Connect.

405 is synching ok, I get the transferring message and then transfering complete.

When i check Garmin Connect on-line - no new runs showing up!

Anybody have this problem? and a solution please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Garmin have released an app that allows you to use a photo as your watch face
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.picasso

It's pretty cool to mess around with, although you're limited to a digital or chrono watch, it doesn't use your existing watch face and just replace the background.

Works on the following devices
    D2™ Bravo, D2 Bravo Titanium, epix™, fēnix® 3, fēnix 3 HR, quatix® 3, tactix® Bravo, Forerunner® 230, Forerunner 235, Forerunner 630, Forerunner 735XT, Forerunner 920XT, vívoactive® and vívoactive HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭All or nothing

I'm finally upgrading from my old Garmin Forerunner 10 which I have for the last 2 years. I'm looking at the forerunner 230 & 235. The only difference between them is the 230 has the heart rate strap and the 235 has wrist based heart rate.

As I've never used any type of heart rate monitor before I'm wondering if the heart rate strap is comfortable to wear or does it start to chaffe after long distances.

I could go with the 235 and have wrist based heart rate but I've heard it can be somewhat unreliable at times. Not much difference in price between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Where is the best place to buy a battery for the Garmin HRM with the white man on the front?

You'll get them in Tesco usually. CR2032 I think is the type you want

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

adrian522 wrote: »
    You'll get them in Tesco usually. CR2032 I think is the type you want

Thanks Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

Can anyone tell me if a Heart rate monitor from a fr110 will work with a 920 watch. I am not really interested in the running dynamics stuff but would like to track the heart rate.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Trampas

Friend has a 920 and HR is all over the place. 200 bpm after getting up and walking out the door. Back to normal rate running then middle of run shoots to 230.

Changed the battery in HR and still same issue.

It a problem with the watch or HR device? How best to fix it? Watch be less than 2 years old

Thanks

Advertisement