Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have a Forerunner 305. Haven't used a beep at a particular distance before, would like to turn this feature on for one mile intervals.

I saw this on a Garmin forum. Training> Training Options> Auto Lap> Auto Lap Trigger> by Distance> Lap at 1.00 mi.

There's also an Alerts menu, do I need to do anything here? Distance Alert - Off/Once/Repeat and Alert At ____

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

My Forerunner 410 is acting up. The start/stop button is stuck in so I cant do a lot with the watch.

Anyone any ideas for some DIY, or suggestions for what to do
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

huskerdu wrote: »
    My Forerunner 410 is acting up. The start/stop button is stuck in so I cant do a lot with the watch.

Anyone any ideas for some DIY, or suggestions for what to do
    Thanks
    A small spray of WD40?! The 410 is pretty old-school at this stage, so you really don't have much to lose. You can send it back to Garmin and they'll charge you a premium for replacing it with a refurbished model (whether you try WD40 or not!), so no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone any thoughts on the Vivoactive HR versus the Forerunner 630 ?
    I'm going to get one of these for xmas and will use it for running almost exclusively. That said I like the idea of sleep tracking etc on the Vivoactive but the 630 seems better for running - which is the main reason I want it. I've a old 405 thats going strong still but the ant stick synching is a bit of a pain and well, i just fancy something a bit newer with more features.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I've a Fenix 2 for just over a year now. Recently I notice that the On button is getting less responsive and I need to persevere to ensure it turns On. This is particularly the case when I finish the run and try Synch. I have kept it well so can't think of an obvious reason why its less responsive. Anyone else had similar issues or suggested cures?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just updated the 920xt to the latest firmware and this has finally enabled the "auto start" feature for Live tracking. You then get an extra option under the Live Tracking page in Garmin Connect Mobile where you can turn the auto start option on.

Then it appears that whenever you start an activity on the watch, and the phone is connected, that the Live tracking will automatically start up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Forerunner 235 users...

How well does the wrist turn backlight work for you? Also have any of the updates ever caused some problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

GvidoR wrote: »
    Forerunner 235 users...

How well does the wrist turn backlight work for you? Also have any of the updates ever caused some problems?

I have a 230 so pretty much the same. It is a very handy feature on these dark evenings. Sometimes you have to flick the wrist over a 2nd time and the light then goes off very quickly. But it stays on long enough to get the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

My Garmin 10 battery went after finishing Dublin Marathon this year, since then I tried to sync my data and it says my device is up to date but the last run showing on Gamin Connect is before the Marathon and even after doing more runs since I still get the message that my device is up to date. Is there anything else I can try to upload the data?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Where's the best place to get a replacement strap for a Forerunner 220?

Could get it on Amazon handy enough but it works out at €27 ish

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Replacement-Bands-Forerunner-220/dp/B00G5DAVSM

There's cheapy alternatives on ebay but are they any good?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

frash wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get a replacement strap for a Forerunner 220?

Could get it on Amazon handy enough but it works out at €27 ish

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Replacement-Bands-Forerunner-220/dp/B00G5DAVSM

There's cheapy alternatives on ebay but are they any good?

Thanks.

€27 is alright for a €200 device, no? You get what you pay for, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

davedanon wrote: »
    €27 is alright for a €200 device, no? You get what you pay for, etc...

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but I don't think the Garmin wristbands aren't any great shakes when it comes to quality.

My black-loop-strap-holder-thingie broke after a year and now the strap itself is starting to tear after 18 months.

I'd still imagine they're better quality than the cheap versions but just looking at options.

My Galaxy S7 and 225 are refusing to sync via bluetooth. It starts to, then goes red and says 'sync failure'. No problems via cable to the laptop. I've tried un- and re-installing Garmin Connect on the phone, and pairing with the 225, but nothing is working. Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

My Galaxy S7 and 225 are refusing to sync via bluetooth. It starts to, then goes red and says 'sync failure'. No problems via cable to the laptop. I've tried un- and re-installing Garmin Connect on the phone, and pairing with the 225, but nothing is working. Anyone got any ideas?

Had the exact same with the S7 and the 230. Eventually started working after a couple of re-pairs. Still get lots of Bluetooth problem notifications with connect but seems to sync ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Did you download the latest Android 7.0 update? Sometimes it can take the apps sometime to catch up.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Did you download the latest Android 7.0 update? Sometimes it can take the apps sometime to catch up.

No, it doesn't seem to be available yet. I'm still on 6.0.1

No, it doesn't seem to be available yet. I'm still on 6.0.1

Maybe try this

Cheers. There was no 'update connection' option, but at least I learned how to 'unpair' the two devices. Only problem now is that they won't re-pair. 'Device not found'. Grrr.

Edit: Ah, of course. It must be done from the phone. Seems to be ok now.

I'm on WP10 so Garmin Connect Mobile is dead to me

I'm on WP10 so Garmin Connect Mobile is dead to me

I'm a massive Mac fanboi snowflake. I've a feeling it's still not working, meanwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Maybe try this

Sweet. Had previously given up on a pairing with phone but this worked first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,674 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finally upgraded to a new Garmin 230.

Looking around a few bits and bobs on the Connect IQ store (mainly at watch faces).

What are people's experiences with downloading from the store?? Nearly all the things I've looked at seem to have some glitch/bug (??)

Is it easy to remove something you don't like and restore the original setting?

Cheers cm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

weird one on Saturday evening

Garmin was downstairs on bookcase, I was up in bed, and it started beeping away. When I went down to look, it was like random buttons were being pressed at high speed - it was starting and stopping runs over and over again. I couldn't even turn it off (it was late, I couldn't even remember how :) ) so I buried it under some cushions and went back to bed.

All was fine in the morning.

Did I run over an ancient burial ground or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cartman78 wrote: »

Looking around a few bits and bobs on the Connect IQ store (mainly at watch faces).

What are people's experiences with downloading from the store?? Nearly all the things I've looked at seem to have some glitch/bug (??)

Cheers cm

For me it was a novelty for a day or two, but as I don't wear it as a daily watch I just went back to one of the stock faces.

It's easy enough to remove things you downloaded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My Forerunner 305 is acting up tonight. It was fine on the run. Put it on the charging cradle when I got home, seemed to say charging. I synced it for the stats, went to make dinner. Now there's nothing on the screen and it won't turn on, at all. It's not usually completely flat after a run (about an hour tonight). Could it be the rain, or might it be kaput? Just tried it on another plug, still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi folks, hoping someone can help me on this query. My Forerunner 110 is working fine but I can't see the data on any of my runs when I connect it to my laptop. My girlfriend downloaded all her data from her Forerunner 110 about 2 weeks ago and since then, I can't see a thing.

I've removed her device and synced it but still nothing. The serial number is the right one but I'm lost why this is still happening? Anyone got any idea? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cartman78 wrote: »

Cheers cm

Actiface for the face and Dozen Run are the best ones i've found. Dozen Run gives you extra fields in Garmin connect for uploaded runs which is cool (relative running economy and momentary energy expenditure - both of which i have no idea how to interpret or act on!)and never ever crashes (for me on the 235) which was driving me mad on some other apps.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I have a forerunner 15 that has suddenly stopped syncing. The desk top app and the website tell me the watch has synced (using usb), but it's not updating.

It has a run in the watch history though.

Any ideas?

EDIT: All good I uninstalled and re-installed Garmin Express on my laptop and my runs have appeared

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭deisedude

Hi everybody, I've converted the girlfriend to running and going to give her my forerunner 10 so I'm looking for an upgrade.

Looking for a watch under €200 ideally with heart rate monitor, better battery life and bluetooth to upload to garmin connect.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Forerunner 35 if it's a garmin watch you're after I guess.

Advertisement