Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

deisedude wrote: »
    Is there anything you need to do to setup the heart rate monitor correctly in the Forerunner 235?

I used it for the first time last night on a handy 8 miler and my avg. heart rate was 160bpm. That seems very high considering i was taking it handy but as never had heart rate data on my old watch i've nothing to go off.

If it's recording, it's set up correctly.
    160bpm doesn't really mean anything as a standalone data point.

Compare your activities after a few runs and sessions, I think the 235 will create a Vo2max figure (accuracy is debatable) after a period of time, which allows you calculate your zones.

You can do a hrmax stress test (reasonably accurate) yourself or ultimately go to a sports lab to have this calculated accurately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Stuff is starting to come back to me. When doing a large synch of a load of previous activities there's some sort of queue that it goes on. If you have a lot of activities, you might be waiting a few hours.

Heading on holidays this weekend. Will be abroad and won't be able to sync the watch via computer or that sort of thing. It's a Forerunner 305 - no bluetooth, etc. I'd rather not have to upload stuff manually on my return home.

I changed browser in case that was an issue. tapiriik again says Strava Connected, Garmin Paused.

In Strava, my dashboard has said this since this morning:
    No more activity in the last 60 days. To see your full activity history, visit your Profile or Training Calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Hi All

Am looking to upgrade my 220. Is the 235 the best option for runners? I gather that the vivoactive hr is more style than substance, would you agree? I would like to have wrist heart rate so have ruled out the 230.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

paulers06 wrote: »
    Hi All

Am looking to upgrade my 220. Is the 235 the best option for runners? I gather that the vivoactive hr is more style than substance, would you agree? I would like to have wrist heart rate so have ruled out the 230.

Thanks!

Have a read of the current models & when/if they might be replaced here. I'm going strong with a 620 which does everything I need tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

opus wrote: »
    Have a read of the current models & when/if they might be replaced here. I'm going strong with a 620 which does everything I need tbh.

Thanks! That's a great list to have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Bought a 235 last week and lost the charger cable on the first day. Left it behind in the hotel I was staying in, DOH! Anyway, does anyone have any advice on where to get a replacement charger cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Hello all,

have a garmin forerunner 220. Has been working perfectly. Was out for a run this evening, used it, came home saved the run and switched to just using as a watch while I cooked dinner and left it on the table.

My *darling* bf :( decided to be helpful and turn it off except he never knows which buttons to press and seems to have broken it :mad:

Watch is now stuck in some kind of boot loop only getting as far as the 'garmin screen' you get when you turn on. Tried holding down the power button, after about 15 sec it turns off. Try turn on, same thing.

Tried holding down the power button and the running man button - same deal

Tried holding down the power button, running man button and lap button to reset - it makes a beep noise but aside from that, same deal.

Plugging it in to charge makes no difference.

Plugging it in to the computer and its like its not there - doesn't bring up garmin connect or anything.

Please help :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Ran a race tonight, recorded 2 warm up runs, the race and a cool down run, all runs are on Garmin Connect but only the second warm up run showed up on Strava. Anyone know how to get all runs on to Strava? I've sign out and signed in to both accounts but no good. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

My 15 month old Garmin forerunner 220 won't switch on. I used it on Friday, and seeing it low on charge put it charging overnight. When I took it off charge it had the Garmin logo and then switched off. Since then it won't power on, the reset doesn't work... do you think I'd get anywhere with Garmin if I sent it back to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Anyone have a Forerunner 35 and know how to work the music controls? It worked for me once (by accident actually - I was messing around) and now I can't figure it out altogether. Do I need to re-pair the watch with my phone again? Everything else still working though.

I've gone to music controls in the connect app and chosen my music player of choice as default - but there is nothing on the watch at all that leads me to music controls.

If anyone knows what I should be seeing please let me know. I will root out the manual and read up on it too and if I find anything on it I will post back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Anyone have a Forerunner 35 and know how to work the music controls? It worked for me once (by accident actually - I was messing around) and now I can't figure it out altogether. Do I need to re-pair the watch with my phone again? Everything else still working though.

I've gone to music controls in the connect app and chosen my music player of choice as default - but there is nothing on the watch at all that leads me to music controls.

If anyone knows what I should be seeing please let me know. I will root out the manual and read up on it too and if I find anything on it I will post back

I only found it by mistake myself a few weeks back. You press and hold the down arrow until the music controls show up. (~2sec) [Rdit: While it's in the default clock face screen]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

CR 7 wrote: »
    I only found it by mistake myself a few weeks back. You press and hold the down arrow until the music controls show up. (~2sec) [Rdit: While it's in the default clock face screen]

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Ran a race tonight, recorded 2 warm up runs, the race and a cool down run, all runs are on Garmin Connect but only the second warm up run showed up on Strava. Anyone know how to get all runs on to Strava? I've sign out and signed in to both accounts but no good. Thanks.

I have had my run show up ok on Garmin and not on Strava, usually a data problem - Export it from Garmin and have a look it probably has a date in the future or something similar. You can do a global replace of the date and then upload to Strava. Might still be off but better than nothing. No idea how it can get something so simple so wrong sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How do I add my olds runs from connect to strava. I'm trying to download them but only option I'm seeing is export CSV. No other download or export options

RasTa wrote: »
    How do I add my olds runs from connect to strava. I'm trying to download them but only option I'm seeing is export CSV. No other download or export options

Use this to sync your accounts and go for a very long run

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Looking to buy Forerunner 935, and it cost the same as Fenix 5. I thought the 935 was meant to be cheaper. Anyway, it's not available from amazon uk directly, so I'll wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My 225 won't sit in the cradle charger and it's very annoying. Any workaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Reset my FR225 and now the HR Time In Zones on Connect are showing as wrong.
    The watch shows the correct zones (based on %HRR)
    Looks like Connect is stuck using %Max.
    Settings on watch and connect look to be the same.
    Anyone else ever get this?
    It happened before but I have zero memory of how I fixed it.
    No big deal either way - just upsets my obsessive compulsive side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

I ran in the Frank Duffy 10mile today,
    my warm up / race/ cooldown have all downloaded to garmin connect, however only my warm up and cooldown have synced with strava, does anyone have any idea how to transfer my race onto strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

quick feet wrote: »
    I ran in the Frank Duffy 10mile today,
    my warm up / race/ cooldown have all downloaded to garmin connect, however only my warm up and cooldown have synced with strava, does anyone have any idea how to transfer my race onto strava?

The missing run finally appeared..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Just wondering if there is anywhere in Ireland, Dublin preferably that you can buy the charging/data cable for a Fenix 5 watch, or do I have to go online?

*** EDIT *** It's ok, found one in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

My Garmin connect is not displaying my sleep stats, eg. periods of light and deep sleep and movement during the night. I have a Garmin 235 which is working fine in all other areas but this one. It's only 3 months old and for the first few weeks it showed these stats no problem. Then it started to miss the odd night and at this point it shows no data for any night. Any one experience this before or have any idea as to what might be going wrong and how to address issue?

Anyone invited to use the new mobile app UI beta?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Anyone invited to use the new mobile app UI beta?

It appeared for me yesterday on my rather old nexus tablet, didn't really dig into it much as tend to only look at the website (when I bother to look!).

It appeared for me yesterday on my rather old nexus tablet, didn't really dig into it much as tend to only look at the website (when I bother to look!).

Was out for a run last night on a well-travelled route and I had a look at my 620 around half-way & was surprised to see a distance of 5.something as normally 8+ at that stage, checked it when I finished and turned out it had mysteriously switched itself to miles from km's. Wonder if that was related to the app update as they are suspicious close together :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Was out for a run last night on a well-travelled route and I had a look at my 620 around half-way & was surprised to see a distance of 5.something as normally 8+ at that stage, checked it when I finished and turned out it had mysteriously switched itself to miles from km's. Wonder if that was related to the app update as they are suspicious close together :confused:

Same thing happened mine, so must be the update alright. Strangely it only changed the distance to miles. Pace and auto-lap stayed in km.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

CR 7 wrote: »
    Same thing happened mine, so must be the update alright. Strangely it only changed the distance to miles. Pace and auto-lap stayed in km.

Same with me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

kave2 wrote: »
    Looking to buy Forerunner 935, and it cost the same as Fenix 5. I thought the 935 was meant to be cheaper. Anyway, it's not available from amazon uk directly, so I'll wait.

Wiggle or Fitness Digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Wiggle or Fitness Digital.
    I know, but i rather wait for Amazon. They are extremely easy to deal when returning goods. Best customer service ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I know, but i rather wait for Amazon. They are extremely easy to deal when returning goods. Best customer service ever.

Wiggle are up there with the best and usually better deals and good returns.

Are you getting 935 just for running? Why not wait for new 245?

Advertisement