Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

kave2 wrote: »
    I know, but i rather wait for Amazon. They are extremely easy to deal when returning goods. Best customer service ever.

Wiggle are up there with the best and usually better deals and good returns.

Are you getting 935 just for running? Why not wait for new 245?

I heard good things about Wiggle but I'm extremely satisfied with Amazon customer service, so I prefer to purchase from them.

Well, running for now. I plan to start swimming too. When is the 245 coming out?
    Btw, I will probably hold out until Christmas anyway, hoping for some good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

The Move Alert on my garmin 235 keeps turning itself on despite me turning it off on my watch numerous times. Recently had a software update which might be something to do with it.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

kave2 wrote: »
    I heard good things about Wiggle but I'm extremely satisfied with Amazon customer service, so I prefer to purchase from them.

Well, running for now. I plan to start swimming too. When is the 245 coming out?
    Btw, I will probably hold out until Christmas anyway, hoping for some good deals.

245 should be out in oct/Nov but it will be a running watch. 935 is a tri watch so will cover your running and swimming.

As for deals, doubt you get one on 245 and 935 best deals maybe on the sales.

Keep an eye out sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Down South wrote: »
    The Move Alert on my garmin 235 keeps turning itself on despite me turning it off on my watch numerous times. Recently had a software update which might be something to do with it.

Any help?

Same thing happening with mine. Probably update related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Is anyone else experiencing the Forerunner 235 changing the time on watch every time you charge it recently? Very annoying!

Also just set it to set automatically instead and still an hour and 20 wrong....

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭4Ad

Same with me

And me..I have to check it before every run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

opus wrote: »
    Was out for a run last night on a well-travelled route and I had a look at my 620 around half-way & was surprised to see a distance of 5.something as normally 8+ at that stage, checked it when I finished and turned out it had mysteriously switched itself to miles from km's. Wonder if that was related to the app update as they are suspicious close together :confused:

Check what your preferences are on Garmin Connect as each time your sync it will default your watch to that view.

Example, I have GC and my watch set up for imperial, but if I'm doing a 5k, 10k, etc I will change to metric for the race and change the lap split to k's.

Once I sync, my watch moves back to imperial, but still laps at each k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Using my Garmin 610 during the week and after a run it wouldn't turn off as requested using the touchscreen option. The following day there was a water bubble under the screen, not sure how it got in there as I hadn't been running in the rain all week.
    Have it in a bowl of uncooked rice placed in the hotpress for 4 days now but no joy. It's well out of warranty but I haven't contacted Garmin directly about this as of yet.
    Any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Forerunner 305 is causing issues with my iMac. As soon as I try to sync it, it knocks out the mouse and keyboard completely. Have to restart the machine. Not sure how to fix it. Tried reinstalling Garmin Express and cleaning the contacts and a few other things. No joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Jay D wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing the Forerunner 235 changing the time on watch every time you charge it recently? Very annoying!

Also just set it to set automatically instead and still an hour and 20 wrong....

Any thoughts?

I don't have a 235 but mine goes out of sync if I haven't used GPS in a while. It snaps back as soon as I get a gps lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

When Vivoactive 3 be available in Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

When Vivoactive 3 be available in Ireland ?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-IE/GB/p/571520

opus wrote: »

Yep I sow this but any specific date? It’s already avaible in some countries

Yep I sow this but any specific date? It’s already avaible in some countries

It's available in Curry's PC World in the UK.

DSG manage their business as a UKI entity so you could try popping in and seeing could then send one over / down (there could be regional launch restrictions).

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    It's available in Curry's PC World in the UK.

DSG manage their business as a UKI entity so you could try popping in and seeing could then send one over / down (there could be regional launch restrictions).

What is dsg? I was about to order it from PC World uk but not sure how to because on their website is note that they dont ship to parcel motels etc

What is dsg? I was about to order it from PC World uk but not sure how to because on their website is note that they dont ship to parcel motels etc

Dixon's Sales Group (Dixons, Currys, PC World, CPW)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Hi All,
    I have a Forerunner 620 that is 1 year old since 28 Sept and the power button has given up. Has anyone had any success with Garmin getting the repair cost reduced for being barely out of warranty.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a Forerunner 620 that is 1 year old since 28 Sept and the power button has given up. Has anyone had any success with Garmin getting the repair cost reduced for being barely out of warranty.
    Thanks

Under EU law you should have a 2 year warranty on consumer goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I recently got a Forerunner 230, i am very pleased with it.
    I was wondering if you can have one of the data displays to show the predicted finish time for a specific distance like for a marathon.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

boydkev wrote: »
    I recently got a Forerunner 230, i am very pleased with it.
    I was wondering if you can have one of the data displays to show the predicted finish time for a specific distance like for a marathon.
    Thanks
    Yep, you can definitely do this. If you press the "Run" button and then go into Menu > Training, one of the options there is "Finish Time" and you can pick from a few distances, including marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

anyone know good deal on the Fenix 5?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Very basic question, but you know the new watches that upload your stuff via Bluetooth? Do you need to upload it to a laptop/pc, or can you upload it to a tablet, as long as you have Garmin connect etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Very basic question, but you know the new watches that upload your stuff via Bluetooth? Do you need to upload it to a laptop/pc, or can you upload it to a tablet, as long as you have Garmin connect etc?

After a run, I upload using my phone and it works well.

I can't for the life of me get the hang of sending workouts to my watch via bluetooth, though. My watch is quite old. It's a 220 and I'm also a borderline Luddite, so no doubt there's a way of doing it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Huzzah! wrote: »
    After a run, I upload using my phone and it works well.

I can't for the life of me get the hang of sending workouts to my watch via bluetooth, though. My watch is quite old. It's a 220 and I'm also a borderline Luddite, so no doubt there's a way of doing it.

Workouts to your watch???!! Get outta here?? Where do you get the workouts from? Though I'm looking at a forerunner 35 so the question may be academic :pac:

Thanks, the whole point of me changing watches is because I need a pc to upload from the forerunner 10. I just had a last minute panic that the Bluetooth versions might be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Workouts to your watch???!! Get outta here?? Where do you get the workouts from? Though I'm looking at a forerunner 35 so the question may be academic :pac:

If I'm following a plan that has a run that's, for example, 10 minutes warm up, 10 minutes @ a certain pace and 10 minutes cool down, I use Garmin Connect to set it up so that the watch will buzz at the appropriate times to tell me to speed up/slow down. I have to use a PC to send it to the watch, though, as I can't get it to work via Bluetooth.

Anyone know much information about the aerobic te and anaerobic te on the garmin 935? Is it to do with your heart rate zones?

Using the formula 220-age my max heart is 179. Yesterday I ran 8k at 5:30 per k which was very easy pace but heart rate was 155. Now going by the formula it should be around 144 for the heart rate. Watch gave me 4.8 aerobic te and 2.2 anaerobic te.

I know formula is not a 100% reliable and plan to get treated in March for vo2 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

I've noticed my heart rate is fairly high recently, even on very easy runs. Would I be right thinking my HR monitor is gone faulty? Anyone else have a similar issue in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I have a 220 forerunner, it takes an age to update a workout to the watch. Anyone else have this?

I deleted old workouts from the watch to see if that helped. I assumed that if they were no longer on Garmin connect they would wipe off the watch, turns out this doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

I've noticed my heart rate is fairly high recently, even on very easy runs. Would I be right thinking my HR monitor is gone faulty? Anyone else have a similar issue in the past?

Why don't you check your HR manually mid run and compare to the reading from the watch?

Advertisement