Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

aquinn wrote: »
    I have a 220 forerunner, it takes an age to update a workout to the watch. Anyone else have this?

I deleted old workouts from the watch to see if that helped. I assumed that if they were no longer on Garmin connect they would wipe off the watch, turns out this doesn't happen.

I have the same watch. Sending workouts to the watch via Bluetooth has never worked for me. If I connect the watch to a PC and send them that way, it's pretty quick, though. I usually add to the calendar first and send them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

I've noticed my heart rate is fairly high recently, even on very easy runs. Would I be right thinking my HR monitor is gone faulty? Anyone else have a similar issue in the past?

The straps wear out eventually or could be a new battery is needed as well. If it's less than a year old then you could probably get Garmin to replace it under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

If you delete all workouts from the watch does it keep your records for each distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

Anyone know a solution to cadence lock on Fenix 3...

Recently got the watch and it locks onto my cadence every now and then during a run. It is happening not just with wrist monitor but with my old chest strap too. From what I've read it's not common with the new straps (hrm-run) but dont want to fork out for a new strap if its not going to work. My old strap is about 3 yrs old though.

its really annoying me because im currently training by heart rate zones and only way to fix it is to stop running for about 10 secs until it locks back onto my heart rate

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭ariana`

I used the Workout option on my my Garmin FR235 for the first time recently.

5 Steps (as seen on my watch)
    1. Warm up 20:00
    2. Run 1:00
    3. Recover 1:00
    4. Repeat 2-3 8x
    5. Run 25:00

On my PC, it shows 61:00 as the projected time (as expected 20 + 16 + 25)

But after 45:00 minutes my watch beeped to tell me i had my workout complete :confused:

I hit the option to 'resume' and kept running for another 15 min so it was no big deal but i can't figure out why it happened and have a loss of confidence in the 'Workout' option now :rolleyes:

Anyone have any experience like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

ariana` wrote: »
    I used the Workout option on my my Garmin FR235 for the first time recently.

5 Steps (as seen on my watch)
    1. Warm up 20:00
    2. Run 1:00
    3. Recover 1:00
    4. Repeat 2-3 8x
    5. Run 25:00

On my PC, it shows 61:00 as the projected time (as expected 20 + 16 + 25)

But after 45:00 minutes my watch beeped to tell me i had my workout complete :confused:

I hit the option to 'resume' and kept running for another 15 min so it was no big deal but i can't figure out why it happened and have a loss of confidence in the 'Workout' option now :rolleyes:

Anyone have any experience like this?

Did it beep for the one minute run and recoveries? It sounds like it just did the 20 min warm up and 25 min run. If you accidentally hit the lap button it skips the current step and moves on to the next one.

chickey2 wrote: »
    Did it beep for the one minute run and recoveries? It sounds like it just did the 20 min warm up and 25 min run. If you accidentally hit the lap button it skips the current step and moves on to the next one.
    It did beep each time and they all recorded perfectly so i can see the splits for each of the 1 min intervals and their recoveries which i'm delighted with. But it beeped again at 45 mins total and i can't figure out why... There's a partial lap then as a result which doesn't really matter as i'm not concerned with the splits for the cool/down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

It did beep each time and they all recorded perfectly so i can see the splits for each of the 1 min intervals and their recoveries which i'm delighted with. But it beeped again at 45 mins total and i can't figure out why... There's a partial lap then as a result which doesn't really matter as i'm not concerned with the splits for the cool/down.

I have started using the workout feature recently, spent one working week trying to work out a particular session.

Did you have
    WU
    Then box with added repeats like
    Repeat * ...
    Run 1 minute at pace
    Recover 1 minute at pac
    Box ends
    CD

aquinn wrote: »
    I have started using the workout feature recently, spent one working week trying to work out a particular session.

Did you have
    WU
    Then box with added repeats like
    Repeat * ...
    Run 1 minute at pace
    Recover 1 minute at pac
    Box ends
    CD

Yeah it was my 1st time using it but i had exactly that. A 20:00 min warm-up. Then the box with the 1 min on/ 1 min off up as a repeat x 8 end of that. Then cool down was 25:00.

I'm mystified as it really does look like i set it up properly unless i hit a button during the workout. But the 8 intervals all recorded correctly. The workout feature is great, i used to just use the lap button but it wasn't accurate. I just hope this was a blip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

My Garmin Femix 5S hasn’t recorded elevation for the last 2 runs I did. Has this happened to anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Just check the workout steps on the watch and compare to that on the Computer....I am wondering did you edit an old workout and maybe it didn't transfer yet to the watch?

Keeks wrote: »
    Just check the workout steps on the watch and compare to that on the Computer....I am wondering did you edit an old workout and maybe it didn't transfer yet to the watch?

It was a new workout but i think i'll clear all the workouts from my watch and on the computer, create a fresh one and try that. Thanks :)

Kellygirl wrote: »
    My Garmin Femix 5S hasn’t recorded elevation for the last 2 runs I did. Has this happened to anybody else?

No idea sorry, but i did notice your elevation was strange on Strava. Did you try installing updates. Or just turning off the watch and restarting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Good deal on clevertraining.co.uk for a Garmin 935 if anyone is interested it's €427 (base model) if you use dcrainmaker.com discount code DCR10BTF.

No idea sorry, but i did notice your elevation was strange on Strava. Did you try installing updates. Or just turning off the watch and restarting it.

Yes, tried that. I’ve emailed Garmin to ask as I noticed the temperature it’s recording is 50 degrees so must be a sensor issue of some sort. There were some updates recently though as a few settings on the watch changed. It keeps telling me to move! I sat into the car after my 12 mile run yesterday and was looking at my phone while having my water and snack and next thing the watch tells me to move!!

Yes, tried that. I’ve emailed Garmin to ask as I noticed the temperature it’s recording is 50 degrees so must be a sensor issue of some sort. There were some updates recently though as a few settings on the watch changed. It keeps telling me to move! I sat into the car after my 12 mile run yesterday and was looking at my phone while having my water and snack and next thing the watch tells me to move!!

Lol at that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭cullenswood

The battery went on my HRM Strap recently, and after replacing the old battery my Heart Rate readings are all about 60bpm too high. Now either I am on the way out, and should invest in some decent life assurance, or the Heart Rate strap is acting up.
    Anyone experience this before? Is it just time to buy a new strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Hi,
    I have an old Garmin Forerunner 305, just wondering if anyone has a spare cradle - as i can't link onto Garmin Connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

The battery went on my HRM Strap recently, and after replacing the old battery my Heart Rate readings are all about 60bpm too high. Now either I am on the way out, and should invest in some decent life assurance, or the Heart Rate strap is acting up.
    Anyone experience this before? Is it just time to buy a new strap?

Been having mad probs with my HR strap lately so bought a new one this week. Everything working fine now fingers crossed. Had emailed support and they seemed as lost as me why it was happening. The chest strap and wrist monitor kept locking onto cadence, then like you the chest strap was reading way too high. Got the hrm-run first generation which has the removable pod, it updated to the newer firmware through express in minutes and if the strap gets old they can be picked up cheap off eBay. The newer one has the pod built into it. Only paid 45euro delivered from eBay so wasn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Has anyone had issues with their HR sensor cracking? Mine has hairline cracks all over it (never dropped or abused) but Garmin have washed their hands of it due to being out of warranty. I bought it in snow and rock so the next step is to try them for a repair/replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭gucci

Forerunner 220:
    Today at end of my run I switched off, and now its bricked out on the "garmin" screen.
    I tried the soft reset, tried the hard reset nothing, cant get past the garmin screen.
    (It doesn't do the audible beep it mentions when you turn it on / perform the reset)

It doesn't show up on the laptop when i connect it, or plugging it into wall to charge doesn't do anything different....

So is it for the bin? I have it about 3 years, fairly annoying tbh.

gucci wrote: »
    Forerunner 220:
    Today at end of my run I switched off, and now its bricked out on the "garmin" screen.
    I tried the soft reset, tried the hard reset nothing, cant get past the garmin screen.
    (It doesn't do the audible beep it mentions when you turn it on / perform the reset)

It doesn't show up on the laptop when i connect it, or plugging it into wall to charge doesn't do anything different....

Contact Garmin. They are slightly lazy about troubleshooting but quite likely to replace it at a lower cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

anyone having battery issues on Forerunner 235 after recent update?

Forerunner 220:

Contact Garmin. They are slightly lazy about troubleshooting but quite likely to replace it at a lower cost.

Sent an email....

Sent an email....

I have been offered a replacement (refurbed) item at £62. hmmmmmm not sure whether to take it or get a replacement at around about £100 (FR35 seems adequate for what I need)

Fairly frustrating that something that has been so reliable for 2 years plus could just fail, but I guess that's electronics! :rolleyes:

I have been offered a replacement (refurbed) item at £62. hmmmmmm not sure whether to take it or get a replacement at around about £100 (FR35 seems adequate for what I need)

Fairly frustrating that something that has been so reliable for 2 years plus could just fail, but I guess that's electronics! :rolleyes:

I got the refurb and it looked brand new. You would not know it was a refurb - if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

Bought a forerunner 30 a few weeks ago, most of my runs don't seem to record the gps data and are logged as "treadmill running" I always wait until I get the gps ready message before starting the timer, it's very frustrating.

Yet if I go for a walk it seems to record the GPs data and shows the map.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing? I have the latest software

Shoco83 wrote: »
    Bought a forerunner 30 a few weeks ago, most of my runs don't seem to record the gps data and are logged as "treadmill running" I always wait until I get the gps ready message before starting the timer, it's very frustrating.

Yet if I go for a walk it seems to record the GPs data and shows the map.

Is there a setting or something I'm missing? I have the latest software

Is it set to indoor run? Then that’s treadmill. Mine has both indoors and outdoors running - not the 30 but I’d imagine it’s similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Shoco83

I don't think so, I don't see a setting anywhere that says it's set to indoor!

• Advertisement

Shoco83 wrote: »
    I don't think so, I don't see a setting anywhere that says it's set to indoor!

Sorry, i’m No help so. I actually have to set mine to run or to indoor or bike or whatever.

Advertisement