Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Water has got into it I am afraid, maybe the reason it was passed on.

Put it close to a heater for a couple of days and it may sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

De Bhál wrote: »
    anyone got a good source for replacement bands on the Garmin 235 strap.

Mine's broke again this morning. That'll be the second in two years.

Just to follow up on this, a dab of superglue has worked perfectly. Save yourself a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Picked up the Fenix 5x Plus sapphire for £573 on gooutdoors.co.uk probably more than what I need but because the face is the same size (51mm) as the fenix 3 I had before, I went for it. I also would have settle for the 5s plus but I found it very hard find the black bezel version in it on a decent deal.

Anyway, looking forward to getting it. Now to AliExpress to get some 3rd party quickfit straps!!

Anyone got a link for decent straps that they got from a 3rd party seller??

Here's the link: https://m.gooutdoors.co.uk/garmin-fenix-5x-plus-sapphire-multisport-watch-p484969

Maybe someone is looking for a deal on this watch, I think it's a great deal for this watch in the sapphire version.

BobbyT28

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Does anyone else have this? How do you get rid of it?

Why Am I Seeing a Connect Sync Service Notification on My Android Phone?
    https://support.garmin.com/en-IE/?faq=jrKblLfaYB1fZZkraDpAs6

I have SMS/Contacts, etc, off, but I don't have these.

Select Notifications
    Uncheck Device Connectivity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Do you have a Huawei or Honor phone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

No, LGV20.

Ok. I did have this problem too and it took me a bit of messing about to get rid of it. Like with you my app doesn't have the Notifications setting within the App Permissions within the Connect app, I think that may be outdated.

In your phone settings (not the app settings) go to Apps, find and select Connect and within the App Info screen you should see a Notifications row. Tap that and you should get to Notification Management. You'll see Device Connectivity in there, disable it and that should resolve your problem.

Thanks Hurrache, that worked. :)

Cool, it's such an annoying thing when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭ariana`

I've had the 235 for a little over 2 years now and the battery life has been generally really good on it. Last Summer i went away for 8 nights and it lasted until the last day and that included a handful of runs with GPS. There has been some slight but noticeable reduction in the battery life over the 2 years but it hasn't been significant until now, in the last week it's dropping charge to the point where i now have to charge it every day. It's losing 30-40% overnight while i sleep. I have bluetooth turned off all the time now to try to save charge. It's getting frustrating now. I've synced and there's no updates available. Anyone else experience this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭ariana`

I've had the 235 for a little over 2 years now and the battery life has been generally really good on it. Last Summer i went away for 8 nights and it lasted until the last day and that included a handful of runs with GPS. There has been some slight but noticeable reduction in the battery life over the 2 years but it hasn't been significant until now, in the last week it's dropping charge to the point where i now have to charge it every day. It's losing 30-40% overnight while i sleep. I have bluetooth turned off all the time now to try to save charge. It's getting frustrating now. I've synced and there's no updates available. Anyone else experience this?

Any ideas if garmin pay will be supported by the big banks here? I think KBC are the only bank thus far.

It woould be very handy out on long runs or cycles.

Are the bank cards ok in a back pocket with rain and sweat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

My garmin (forerunner 230) has suddenly stopped syncing workouts, as in I can't send them to the watch from either the web version of Garmin connect or the app. Has anyone else had this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

eyrie wrote:
    My garmin (forerunner 230) has suddenly stopped syncing workouts, as in I can't send them to the watch from either the web version of Garmin connect or the app. Has anyone else had this happen?

Happened me. I reset the watch to factory settings. Re-setup the whole thing online with Garmin Connect and now it's all good again. Pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Happened me. I reset the watch to factory settings. Re-setup the whole thing online with Garmin Connect and now it's all good again. Pain though.
    Grrrrr... Good to know though, I'll try that. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Any ideas if garmin pay will be supported by the big banks here? I think KBC are the only bank thus far.

It woould be very handy out on long runs or cycles.

Are the bank cards ok in a back pocket with rain and sweat?

Nothing I've seen, but get yourself a Revolut debit card as a work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Nothing I've seen, but get yourself a Revolut debit card as a work around.

Revolut uses Visa Debit in the UK and Ireland, which is not supported by Garmin Pay. Only Revolut Mastercard is supported.

I use KBC Mastercard regularly and it is very handy, especially when I've left my phone in the car at the petrol station.

R

I have a virtual revolut card. Is that any good?

RunDMC wrote: »
    Revolut uses Visa Debit in the UK and Ireland, which is not supported by Garmin Pay. Only Revolut Mastercard is supported.

I use KBC Mastercard regularly and it is very handy, especially when I've left my phone in the car at the petrol station.

R

I have a revolut MC and can confirm that it does not support Garmin pay. I do have KBC and it works a treat. The only think I hate is having to put in the passcode everytime you use it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I have a revolut MC and can confirm that it does not support Garmin pay. I do have KBC and it works a treat. The only think I hate is having to put in the passcode everytime you use it!!

That rules Revolut out so.
    Passcode is handy I suppose if you lose your watch, but probably should have a user config option with a disclaimer.

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    That rules Revolut out so.
    Passcode is handy I suppose if you lose your watch, but probably should have a user config option with a disclaimer.

I wish there was the feature that Apple watch uses that if you take your watch off you need to put in a passcode to use the watch negating the need to have to have one on the Garmin pay bit. It's a pity but when you do put in the passcode it lasts about 1min approx before you have to put it in again, so you could be standing in the queue for shopping and time it that when you put in the code you will just have to put watch against machine.

The only time I hate it is if I've forgotten to do the above and I'm at the self-service in SuperValu and it's busy and I have to put in the code, everyone is looking at.you thinking 'look at this di**khead' 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Rossi7

If you can fit your car key in your shorts you can fit a bank card.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

You should only need to enter the passcode once every 24 hours. Other than that, it should only ask for a passcode if it has lost the optical heart rate. The reasoning is that if the watch is removed from your arm, it requires a passcode to use Garmin Pay. Maybe you need to wear it a little tighter?

R

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

The information about Revolut MC in this thread is incorrect. I have my Revolut MasterCard loaded into Garmin Pay on my Forerunner 645M and it works a treat.

0nk2gs.jpg

Would a revolut visa card work I wonder?

Would a revolut visa card work I wonder?

Only the MasterCard according to this.

Only the MasterCard according to this.

I'm sorry, but I have revolut MC from when revolut started and I am unable to add it to GP!!!

I'm sorry, but I have revolut MC from when revolut started and I am unable to add it to GP!!!

I can't explain that. I'm using a Revolut MC that I've had since August 2017. Maybe take it up with Garmin?

I assume you're using Garmin Connect on your phone to add the card.

I also only need to enter the code once every 24 hours (or after taking off the watch), so maybe there's something wrong with your watch.

I can't explain that. I'm using a Revolut MC that I've had since August 2017. Maybe take it up with Garmin?

I assume you're using Garmin Connect on your phone to add the card.

I also only need to enter the code once every 24 hours (or after taking off the watch), so maybe there's something wrong with your watch.

Out of interest, are you in the UK? Seems like it works in the UK on MC I've tried to add both MC and Visa and can't. Anyone else using revolut with Garmin pay

• Advertisement

Out of interest, are you in the UK? Seems like it works in the UK on MC I've tried to add both MC and Visa and can't. Anyone else using revolut with Garmin pay

I'm in Ireland. My Revolut card is registered at my address in Ireland. And I've successfully paid for goods from my watch using the Revolut card.

Advertisement