Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Slideways

I tried lots of things including turning off touch screen, wifi, notifications and a full factory reset. Was still loosing 25% a day.

Rang Garmin and they are giving me a new one, just have to send the old one back first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Recorded a run today as a race (garmin did this automatically as it was the last event in a training programme....)

Anyway, when pushed over to strava it is just total elapsed time and no moving time, got particularly badly stuck today at 3 sets of lights and lost over 3 mins to that. Would like to be able to see the elapsed v moving time. Have tried messing around in garmin connect to change activity type but not really finding anything.

Anyone seen this before and is there a way to change an activity from race to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Have a Forerunner 735XT, have it a couple of years now. On holiday last week and in the pool for a couple of minutes and noticed the screen had gone fuzzy then went blank. Up to the room and dried it off with a hairdryer to no avail. That's the first time ever it's been in the water, never even wore it in the shower before now.

Really disappointing considering, it's suitable for triathlons and swimming etc.

Anyone any water ingress problems like this before and is there any likelihood that Garmin would offer me something or replace it etc??

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

Whilst I didn’t have that issue, I did lose mine on holidays and claimed back via holiday insurance. Excess was €30 and as I had the receipt bought within the previous 12 months they gave me full price back. You could try the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭longrunn

It’s worth reaching out to Garmin. They replaced a broken fenix for me with no charge and it was a couple of years old. They even paid for the postage to send back the broken watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,629 ✭✭✭Trampas

Trying to add my 945 to iPhone. Phone sees it but never get the 6 digit code

When I select connect to it. The watch just stays on go to mobile app to add device while phone says connecting your 945.

deleted app. Restarted phone and watch. Even reset watch.

needed to remove it from Bluetooth devices on phone

Post edited by Trampas on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

So similarly, Garmin replaced the Foreunner with the same watch and paid for postage etc. thanks for the advice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads what contact did ye use for Garmin?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Can't recall if I used a contact form or direct email.

product.support@garmin.com is in my mailbox from last Nov as I was asking them about sleep tracking.

Edit: original email was via Web Self-Service Email Form Submission.

Is my 945 fked?

Incident detection keeps triggering and watch turns off. Only way to turn it back on is to plug it in and it press on button. After I remove it from charge it triggers the assistance again. When I press down to cancel assistance the watch turns off and only way to turn it on is to plug it back in. All buttons press down and up so it’s like a button is stuck but it’s not physically down but watch seems to think it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Anyone have any issues with HRM Pro chest strap?

The last couple of months I've been having issues where it won't pair. I checked the battery was secure, doesn't seem to be any damage to where it's mounted. I replaced the battery and it paired ok, but after 2-3 uses, the same thing has happened.

I've done this 3 times now, can't keep replacing batteries every couple of usages, so I've stopped using it the past month or so.

It was bought in December 2020.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah had the same thing happen with me, I raised a ticket with Garmin and got a replacement.

Nice one, will try that. Was yours still under manufacturers warranty? I presume there's only one year warranty so didn't think they'd replace it.

I'll raise a ticket with them anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yeah it was within the 12 months for me. EU laws should give you a bit extra wiggle room given that died after less than 2 years.

Garmin have offered me a refurb 945 for €150. I’ve reported issues already with the altimeter as every run I start watch thinks I’m going up hill. This goes back within the 2 years I’ve owned it

was going to call ccpc and ask them for some advice. Anyone else got advice with garmin and warranty issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jlang

One of the case lugs holding the strap on my FR645 failed recently. Garmin Support response was decent, although it typically takes a day or more to respond to each email. Seems it was a known fault due to poor mechanical design but they replace watches when they break rather than recalling them all (free if still under warranty). Took a couple weeks to get closure on the conversation but they offered a similar deal to you - replace it with a refurb 645M for EUR117. (Delay was largely because it took me a while and a couple of wrong tries to get the correct serial number to them. After going through every 10 digit number on the old paperwork and receipt I found, I eventually realised the S/N was in Garmin Connect).

I think the offer was reasonable given it was about 4 years old, on its third strap and well out of warranty (and that the HRM sensor had a big crack, with understandable but occasional you-re-having-a-heart-attack spikes). If they'd come back with that quicker I might have gone for it - as I liked the watch. However, facing a further delay to send them my old watch, I decided to pass and ended up treating myself to a new 955, effectively the new version. (Great watch, but not entirely convinced it's any better for me than a 255 or indeed a refurb 645!)

I found step-by-step instructions where someone had epoxied the necessary repair so I might patch up the old one - or pass it to someone else who might do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

What was the outcome of this ? I’ve a 935 and altimeter and training status haven’t worked in months. I contacted Garmin today as I’m sick of these issues they offered to replace it for €110. I bought it off Rose bikes in Germany so I’m not sure if I can get this replacement fee waived anyone have a similar issue ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭cullenswood

My Garmin 645 battery started deteriorating a bit (was still fine for long runs etc) so I got on to them. They have replaced it free of charge with a refurbished 645.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭cmac2009

How long did you have it for before you noticed the decline?

I’ve challenged them with legal action. No response back since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Got this resolved today, had to supply proof of purchase and it was within the 2 year window so they are sending me a free replacement. Thanks, might not have thought to contact them without your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭winstonia

Does anybody use the Coros Pace 2? Seems a good price for all the stuff on it

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Sussex18

What would be a good Garmin for Music and how exactly does putting music on a Garmin work?

I'm hoping to do an Ultra Marathon at some stage too, so long battery life would be a bonus too.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Pretty much all the new models have that feature.

It's a simple syncing with your current music provider such as Spotify & Deezer. I know that it doesn't work with Apple Music though, I also think there is a way to manual add music files.

In terms of battery life the newer Fenix ranges offer 21 days standby or 60 hours GPS.

I could be selling a Fenix 6x if you were interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

It turns out that Garmin are having a birthday sale today. They have €200 off their Enduro model.

The Enduro was made by them for doing ultra's.

https://www.garmin.com/en-IE/p/702797

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

So if Garmin offer you a refurb replacement for say €100, do you still have to go and send back your current non working watch to them? Just trying to get my head around to process to see if I'm bothered starting it

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Depends on how old the device is, I recently had issues with a vivoactive circle 6 - 7 years old and got to keep it.

Where as a friend with a 235 had to send his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Slideways

just to add to the point about the music.

I have a Fenix 7 and had the 6 before hand and manually added music from my laptop to it. You just drag and drop. Think you may have to enable it as a storage device in one menu somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I recently done it with a 935 and they wouldn't send out a replacement unless my old watch was received.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement