Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

That's true, might just have to do the same myself, cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've not been having the same freaky HR readings during the 1st mile since I got a 310XT with the new type of strap.

Is it a similar looking strap to the 405 one Robin, i.e. plasticy kinda feel to it ?
    Wonder if its compatible with the 405, you'd imagine it would be ...

Ah I see it here, looks a nicer piece of kit alright - https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=15490
    At $69 I think I'll be ignoring my first mile for a while yet though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Two types of heart rate monitor & strap for Garmin.

The standard which is a one piece electrode and transmitter, its the wide plastic strap with the elasticated band.

The premium is a soft fabric strap with electrode strips and a removable transmitter and it's optimized for use in congested areas like gym classes and starting lines.

You can teach your Garmin to recognise either unit if it is compatible with your wrist piece. Best to check individually on Garmin website to ensure compatibility
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I used the soft strap for a while (until I lost it), and the results(for me) were even worse than the traditional hard strap. At least with the traditional strap, I only get a HR spike for the first mile. With the soft strap I had HR spikes for the entire 2-3 hour runs. Oh and yes, it is compatible with the 405.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

just wondering have people any thoughts on the battery life of the 405 and maintaining it/pro longing it, I used to wait until it was almost fully discharged before I recharged but now I believe small regular re charges are the best
    anyone care to share their experiences ?

vasch_ro wrote: »
    just wondering have people any thoughts on the battery life of the 405 and maintaining it/pro longing it, I used to wait until it was almost fully discharged before I recharged but now I believe small regular re charges are the best
    anyone care to share their experiences ?
    I have 862 hours logged on my 405, covering 6,209 miles. I generally charge mine when it gets below 40%, and I have no problem leaving it plugged in for days on end until I use it the next time. It;s looking pretty chipped and scratched after three years of use. I'd say the battery will outlast the watch.

okay that sounds very respectable cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Hope this hasn't been asked before, but im off to NYC at the weekend and am looking to buy the 410. Does anybody know a good place to buy one in the city(at a good price). I checked web sites like Walmart & best buy but they dont seem to stock the 410 for some reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mitresize5

fluboy wrote: »
    Hope this hasn't been asked before, but im off to NYC at the weekend and am looking to buy the 410. Does anybody know a good place to buy one in the city(at a good price). I checked web sites like Walmart & best buy but they dont seem to stock the 410 for some reason?

I got mine in City Sports on 5th Ave http://www.citysports.com/

Its quite close to the diamond district though so be warned if you have the missus in tow ......

she got a $6,000 ring and I got a Garmin 405 in the same afternoon ... how she managed to convince me it was a good deal I'll never know

There's a big sports-chain in New York city (Paragon Sports), which may be your best bet. Also try J&R Electronics, which seems to take up a number of blocks clustered together in Manhattan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I got mine in the USA . What you need to watch out for is that the charger is American fitting. Its is quite expensive to buy the multipack which will have the european adaptor ( think its about 35 quid) so if your new garmin has a non european fitting just buy a regular usa/uk adaptor in the 2euro shop when you get home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

^ or just use any spare USB port that you have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone else having problems with workouts uploading to garmin connect or training centre? ANT agent keeps saying they've transferred but they're not coming up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Anyone else having problems with workouts uploading to garmin connect or training centre? ANT agent keeps saying they've transferred but they're not coming up...

Nope, but I have had this problem intermittently before and pressing 'manual upload' in Garmin connect normally solves it....

just uploaded there , but seems to be an issue on the site alright

Hey all, Just used my brand new 410 and it seems to work great, i ran my first run, got home, uploaded data, i see my activity, but when i click on details i dont see my run on a map infact there is no mention of maps anywhere. How do i see my run on a map?

Hey all, Just used my brand new 410 and it seems to work great, i ran my first run, got home, uploaded data, i see my activity, but when i click on details i dont see my run on a map infact there is no mention of maps anywhere. How do i see my run on a map?
    Doesn't sound right. Post a link to your activity. Does it include things like distance/speed/average pace etc?

Problem sorted. Worked grand today on a cycle. I think the first time i used it I didnt wait long enough for the satellite or something like that.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Not a major issue just an annoyance really.
    The last few months i have noticed on the map from my activities all i see is the green start and red finish...no trail of where i ran,if i click lap....i just see the laps but again no red trail of where i ran.
    How or can i get this back ?
    I liket it the old way

Sosa wrote: »
    Not a major issue just an annoyance really.
    The last few months i have noticed on the map from my activities all i see is the green start and red finish...no trail of where i ran,if i click lap....i just see the laps but again no red trail of where i ran.
    How or can i get this back ?
    I liket it the old way
    Hmm.. PM me a link to one of the activities. Sounds like it could be a memory issue, or perhaps you need to do a reset.

Hmm.. PM me a link to one of the activities. Sounds like it could be a memory issue, or perhaps you need to do a reset.

Jaysus i just went to send you on one and the trail of all my runs are there,its from work so i must check at home again tonight...they have not been there the last couple of months,today was the first time ever i logged onto garmin connect anywhere else but at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nope, but I have had this problem intermittently before and pressing 'manual upload' in Garmin connect normally solves it....

Yeah I tried that last week and it didn't work. Last run that uploaded for me was the 27th of February. Missing four runs now and a software update yesterday wiped my watch so they may be lost forever now. :(

It happened mid-February as well, two of my runs wouldn't upload but all the runs after them did, then all of a sudden they appeared out of nowhere. The runs since Feb 27th should already be transferred to the site so I'm hoping they appear out of nowhere now seen as they've been wiped from the watch.

Jaysus i just went to send you on one and the trail of all my runs are there,its from work so i must check at home again tonight...they have not been there the last couple of months,today was the first time ever i logged onto garmin connect anywhere else but at home.

Now then,im not going mad..logged on at home and its like i described last night...not trail of where i ran

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65845834

I think its my laptop now as i could see the red trail on the computer in work.
    Let me know what you see when you open the link

Showoff. I think you may have been running too fast, and the satellites couldn't keep up with you. :D
    Could be your browser. Maybe try a different browser (Firefox/Chrome/etc) and see how it looks?

That's some fine running right there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I'm thinking of buying a garmin forerunner - not sure which one yet. (110 would probably do the job)

My wife is interested in the idea of one too.

I was wondering if two people used the same watch can the workouts be uploaded to two separate online garmin accounts?

Showoff. I think you may have been running too fast, and the satellites couldn't keep up with you. :D
    Could be your browser. Maybe try a different browser (Firefox/Chrome/etc) and see how it looks?

That's some fine running right there..

Well now,if im posting a link i may as well make it a good one :D

I have this laptop since early last year,its only a couple of months i cannot see the red trail...cannot be the browser...can it ?

Well now,if im posting a link i may as well make it a good one :D

I have this laptop since early last year,its only a couple of months i cannot see the red trail...cannot be the browser...can it ?
    If the tracks are there in work, but not visible at home, I'd guess it's the browser. Install chrome. It's nice and light, and you can remove it afterwards if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 siooo88

Hi Guys,

If there is anyone out there who owns the FR110, maybe they could help me. I just purchased one and used it for the first time tonight, I found it great and the garmin software on garmin connect is excellent.

I do have a question about my minimum and maximum heart rate though, I cant find anywhere on the watch where I can enter this data. The reading from my first run says my highest heart rate was 181bpm (towards the end when I was sprinting at the finish), but on the analysis this says it was 98% of my max heart rate, but I have never entered my max HR anywhere since I got it.

Can anyone give me some advice on this please.

Thanks,

Siooo88

Advertisement