Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

In Garmin Connect, go to [Settings] (top right of screen), [Training Zones] (left hand side of screen),. At least, I think that's where you set it. If that doesn't work, you'll need to install Garmin Training Centre, and set the HR zones in your profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

siooo88 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

If there is anyone out there who owns the FR110, maybe they could help me. I just purchased one and used it for the first time tonight, I found it great and the garmin software on garmin connect is excellent.

I do have a question about my minimum and maximum heart rate though, I cant find anywhere on the watch where I can enter this data. The reading from my first run says my highest heart rate was 181bpm (towards the end when I was sprinting at the finish), but on the analysis this says it was 98% of my max heart rate, but I have never entered my max HR anywhere since I got it.

Can anyone give me some advice on this please.

Thanks,

Siooo88

You can also set your min and max Heart Rate in Garmin Connect, under seetings-> training zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

A question about Virtual Partner on the Garmin 205...

When I set up a course and then go On Course I cannot see the split screen which has the 2 virtual runners on top....Is this a feature only on the 305 or is it on the 205 ?

JosDel wrote: »
    A question about Virtual Partner on the Garmin 205...

When I set up a course and then go On Course I cannot see the split screen which has the 2 virtual runners on top....Is this a feature only on the 305 or is it on the 205 ?
    205 should be identical to the 305, in terms of functionality (without the connectivity).
    Training > Training Options > Virtual Partner > On.

Online manual is available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Have a 405. In two races recently i set it up all ready to go with 5 min to go. At the off the watch had gone back to the main screen. Is there a way of holding it at where i have set it at to just press start for hte race. I have the betzel locked.

• Advertisement

Have a 405. In two races recently i set it up all ready to go with 5 min to go. At the off the watch had gone back to the main screen. Is there a way of holding it at where i have set it at to just press start for hte race. I have the betzel locked.

I have had the same problem. With the watch locked and nothing hapening for about 5 minutes, the watch seems to assume you are doing nothing and tries to save energy. What I do is to leave the bezel unlocked and hit it once every few minutes (to the time screen and back to the training screen) to make sure it stays ready to go. I'll only lock the bezel once the race is about to start.

Turn off the timeout. Training > Options > Timeout > Off.
    Also upgrade to the latest firmware. It will alert you when it is about to go into power save mode. Also read the manual. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just noticed something on connect...

Has elevation correction been broken since they swapped to Bing maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

mloc123 wrote: »
    Just noticed something on connect...

Has elevation correction been broken since they swapped to Bing maps?

Think it was out of action for a while, not sure how long cause I only spotted it a week ago. Looks to be back again now.

On an unrelated topic after working flawlessly for 10 months my 310xt just stopped picking up the gps satellites earlier this week. Even standing somewhere with a clear view of the sky it showed nothing in the little bar chart for the different sats even after 5 mins. I managed to coax it back to life by disabling/enabling the gps a few times but same thing happened again a few days later.

Anyway I found a possible solution on the Garmin forums involving clearing the GPS cache by turning on the watch while holding the down arrow button. After doing that it got a lock like normal today. Hopefully it will stay that way now.

Apologies to Krusty for the unauthorised Garmin support ;)

opus wrote: »
    I managed to coax it back to life by disabling/enabling the gps a few times but same thing happened again a few days later.
    Apologies to Krusty for the unauthorised Garmin support
    Well you see that there would be the process for downloading the latest almanac and ephemeris data, so yours was either out of date or corrupted in some way.

Apology accepted. For your penance, answer the next 10 questions, for which the answers are immediately obvious from a quick glance in the user manual.... and a hail Mary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

opus wrote: »
    Think it was out of action for a while, not sure how long cause I only spotted it a week ago. Looks to be back again now.

Noticed that today, I presumed Krusty had spent the last day or so working on it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Hi there,

The pace and distance are set as metric on my Garmin 405 but when I upload to Connect the distance is in miles/Statue. i.e. all my laps are 1.61kms.

I've also set the settings to metric on Connect but to no avail

Anyone any ideas?

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Hi there,

The pace and distance are set as metric on my Garmin 405 but when I upload to Connect the distance is in miles/Statue. i.e. all my laps are 1.61kms.

I've also set the settings to metric on Connect but to no avail

Anyone any ideas?
    Yes. You originally set your auto-lap distance to 1 mile. When you changed to metric, you didn't change your lap distance, so it is still set to lap every 1.61kms. If you want to change your lap distance, go to:
    Menu / Training / Options / Auto-Lap.

It won't retrospectively go back and change your lap info for previously recorded work-outs. The lap info is hard-coded within the activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aspireto

Hi,
    I have a Garmin 705 Edge, the battery was very low so I plugged it in to recharge but this evening, I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. I have also connected it to the laptop but still nothing.
    Is there anything I can do other than bringing it back to the shop where I bought it.

Thanks.

Aspireto wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a Garmin 705 Edge, the battery was very low so I plugged it in to recharge but this evening, I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. I have also connected it to the laptop but still nothing.
    Is there anything I can do other than bringing it back to the shop where I bought it.

Thanks.
    Have you tried a hard reset?
    Info here: http://www.gps4sport.com/gps-software/garmin-gps-edge-705-hard-reset/

Hi,
    no luck with the hard reset.

Hi,
    no luck with the hard reset.
    Try [mode] and [rest/lap] simultaneously?

Try [mode] and [rest/lap] simultaneously?

No go either, I will bring it back to the shop tomorrow, it is still under warranty.
    Thanks.

No go either, I will bring it back to the shop tomorrow, it is still under warranty.
    Thanks.
    The only other option is to run down the battery and hope for a reset. Best just to bring it back to the shop, seeing as it's still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Lads my 310xt wont lock onto sats. Ive tried all the different resets and im getting a pain i my ass wit it. Whats the procedure for getting it fixed. I ws just going to bring it back the shop but would i be better contacting them direct?

• Advertisement

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Lads my 310xt wont lock onto sats. Ive tried all the different resets and im getting a pain i my ass wit it. Whats the procedure for getting it fixed. I ws just going to bring it back the shop but would i be better contacting them direct?

Hi Oisin, have you tried leaving it out in your back garden for an hour? It may need to download the latest almanac.

If you've done the various resets, bring it back to the shop you bought it in, if it's still under warranty. Otherwise give Garmin a bell, but you won't get a replacement for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Hi Oisin, have you tried leaving it out in your back garden for an hour? It may need to download the latest almanac.

If you've done the various resets, bring it back to the shop you bought it in, if it's still under warranty. Otherwise give Garmin a bell, but you won't get a replacement for a few weeks.
    Yeah tried all that, its still under warrenty yeah, only got it last june.

Best to try the shop then. They might give you an on-the-spot swap. Let them know that your big event is next week and try and look angry and slightly threatening. :)

try and look angry and slightly threatening. :)

That'd not be hard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

Oisin11178 wrote: »

Snap! I thought I was able to fix my one but sadly not. It will be on its way back to Garmin tomorrow & they said it would take roughly 10 days for a fix/replacement. Not much use for you unfortunately if you need it for Connemara.

Swapped to using RunkeeperPro on my Android phone to keep some track of things in the meantime.

I'm just looking at my garmin upload from last night BHAA race and comparing it with another runners upload from the same race.

He/she seems to have got the distance correct, I'm way out, and my mapping it looks all over the place as opposed to his/hers.

Mine http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74746043

Other runner http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74729104

Maybe the 405 performs better than the 205.

Any ideas ?

JosDel wrote: »
    I'm just looking at my garmin upload from last night BHAA race and comparing it with another runners upload from the same race.

He/she seems to have got the distance correct, I'm way out, and my mapping it looks all over the place as opposed to his/hers.

Mine http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74746043

Other runner http://connect.garmin.com/activity/74729104

Maybe the 405 performs better than the 205.

Any ideas ?
    I would expect the 405 to be more accurate than the 205. They were released a number of years apart (2006 and 2008), and technology moves on. However, that is not the only possible explanation for the differences. It could be that one watch was tracking a greater number of satellites (waited for a lock for longer before starting the race). One of the watches (yours?) may not have the latest OS/GPS firmware. Well, that's all I can think of for now.

Thanks KC,

As ever you are very helpful..

On the firmware I think I have the latest edition 2.90

About 5 minute before the race I went for a pee and lost the satelite..I turned the watched off and back on outside and regained contact with the satelite..

Maybe a problem occurred when I turned it back on.. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The charing cradle for my 305 has gone AWOL, any idea of a shop in Dublin where i could buy one. I found one for 23 on line with 7 P&P:eek:

I don't know how long that would take to get to me so i want to get it asap.

• Advertisement

The charing cradle for my 305 has gone AWOL, any idea of a shop in Dublin where i could buy one. I found one for 23 on line with 7 P&P:eek:

I don't know how long that would take to get to me so i want to get it asap.
    I doubt you'll get one cheaper in Dublin.

Advertisement