Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Anyone know if the 405 charger will work with the 310?

New arrival has just munched through my 310 charger...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Izoard wrote: »

I believe they are completely different. Best bet is to get a replacement from the Garmin website or try and find one on fleabay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Just want to share my thoughts on my Garmin 305 after a few months use.

My main concern about the watch was its size, but its actually not an issue at all as it is perfectly comfortable on my arm and I think it looks fine. I wouldnt wear it on a night out, but then again I wouldnt wear a running vest on a night out!

The watch is very easy to use straight out of the box yet has lots of options if you want to play with it.

Basically Im just a normal runner with not much experience in these things but I really like the garmin 305. I think people can get caught up always wanting the newest and most stylish piece of equipment. I think this is a perfect piece of kit and well worth the money if you buy online for a decent price. Keeps me amused anyway:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Anyone having trouble uploading their data onto Garmin Connect today? I did the Dunboyne 4 mile and no matter what browser I use, when I choose selected activities and choose to upload only the run from today, it stays it's "Uploading" but I left it for about 20 minutes and when I came back it was still at the same state. Normally uploading a selected task takes a couple of seconds.

I'm using a Garmin Forerunner 110 although I'm guessing the issue with the web service and not the actual watch itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

G-Money wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble uploading their data onto Garmin Connect today? I did the Dunboyne 4 mile and no matter what browser I use, when I choose selected activities and choose to upload only the run from today, it stays it's "Uploading" but I left it for about 20 minutes and when I came back it was still at the same state. Normally uploading a selected task takes a couple of seconds.

I'm using a Garmin Forerunner 110 although I'm guessing the issue with the web service and not the actual watch itself.

That was happening me with my 305, every time I tried uploading, and it wouldwork about every third time, and was progressively getting worse.

I deleted a lot of the old runs from the watch and the problem disappeared.
    I have never deleted anything since I bought it last September.

Could this be your problem ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I think everyone has this problem. See this forum on the Garmin Connect site.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

A site problem, Thank god...I thought my garmin was faulty....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Izoard wrote: »

I believe they are completely different. Best bet is to get a replacement from the Garmin website or try and find one on fleabay.

They are exactly the same cable, I happily use either the 405 or 310 cable to charge my 310 now...when I remember to plug the thing in.

robinph wrote: »
    They are exactly the same cable, I happily use either the 405 or 310 cable to charge my 310 now...when I remember to plug the thing in.
    There you go. I should've read the manual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think everyone has this problem. See this forum on the Garmin Connect site.

The site seems to be working again, but very slowly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Right, I withdraw those thanks. It now says the site is down for maintenance. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

G-Money wrote: »

Was just about to ask this.

Just wondering also, i never tried this but can you exchange data with pc using the supplied cable (with charger), or do you have to use ant+

Was just about to ask this.

Just wondering also, i never tried this but can you exchange data with pc using the supplied cable (with charger), or do you have to use ant+
    405cx, right? Wireless via ANT+ only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

405cx, right? Wireless via ANT+ only.

Thats right Mr. Encyclopedic knowledge of all things garmin :)

Man thats a bummer, can be fidgety at times. Obviously its been a while since i used it but all that ant+ stuff had to be downloaded and installed again before it would work. Then it passed a firmware update to my watch twice and connect is still telling me its due an update.

Also, having ticked the option to upload to training centre and connect, why do i have to do both seperately? Maybe i need to be already signed into connect. Anyway, all minor issues, i just feel like sometimes you need a bit of luck to get it all set up :)

Also, having ticked the option to upload to training centre and connect, why do i have to do both seperately?
    You shouldn't need to do both separately. As long as both boxes are ticked, it should automaticaly send the data to TC (on your local hard drive) and kick off the upload to GC. There were problems with GC yesterday so perhaps uploads were disabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

You know what would be a cool feature on connect, a 'Who did I pass today' option... make it happen Krusty ;)

mloc123 wrote: »
    You know what would be a cool feature on connect, a 'Who did I pass today' option... make it happen Krusty ;)
    Right, I've implemented that feature. You should see it in your Garmin Connect Dashboard, as long as you're signed up to Garmin Connect Elite plan ($24.99/month). If you don't have access to the Elite plan, you can sign up now for an annual subscription of just $249.99. If you want to sign up, PM me your name, address, date of birth, bank account details, credit card number (including ccv), pin numbers, pet name, mother's maiden name, name of your first girl-friend, favourite band, name of your favourite teacher, library card number, Xtravision membership number, car registration, waist size and any other info you think might be pertinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Connect seems to be back up and running (at least for me). I just uploaded two activities with no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Garmin 305 has stopped beeping - no lap beeps, no end-of-interval beeps, no are-you-indoors beeps, not a single peep.

I have checked the manual, and Settings - General - whatever it was is still set to the default. Any other possibilities? Firmware upgrade? New squeaker? Naughty step?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

RayCun wrote: »
    Garmin 305 has stopped beeping - no lap beeps, no end-of-interval beeps, no are-you-indoors beeps, not a single peep.

I have checked the manual, and Settings - General - whatever it was is still set to the default. Any other possibilities? Firmware upgrade? New squeaker? Naughty step?

Have you changed the strap to the velcro quick release one by any chance? I found when I did this the speaker was covered and I couldn't hear the beeps as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

No, same strap.

Check to see if the speaker hole has been blocked by sweat/salt/dust/faeces?:eek:
    Otherwise, it sounds like it's cacked (technical term meaning that the watch no longer has a mechanism to produce audio alerts).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Do I need to retire my Garmin 110?

The last few weeks and the 'lap/reset' button was becoming less and less responsive. Then last night nothing. Press all I like, no response, zilch. Means I can't save any activities :(. I think this is mechanical rather than a software issue.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any hope?

outforarun wrote: »
    Do I need to retire my Garmin 110?

The last few weeks and the 'lap/reset' button was becoming less and less responsive. Then last night nothing. Press all I like, no response, zilch. Means I can't save any activities :(. I think this is mechanical rather than a software issue.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any hope?
    It should be under warranty right? Even if it's not, I'd give Garmin support a call, and they might be in a position to get you sorted cheaply.
    Do you really need to use the lap/reset button to upload a run? Is this seperate from the start/stop button?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Thanks Krusty. Yeah it's under warranty alright, I'm popping into runways tomorrow evening, the guys there said they might be able to fix it otherwise Garmin should sort me out. Really don't want to spend a lot of time running without it.

With the 110 you save your activity by holding the Lap/Reset button once you've hit the stop button at the end of your run. I reckoned if I could'nt save the activity (because reset button is dead) then I wouldn't be able to load it to Garmin. BUT, this evening I just connected the Garmin to my PC and it went BEEP and said Saving Activity. So now I've saved a weird Frankenstein of a run featuring me fumbling and messing with buttons in the living room, last night's run, and this evening's run. I'm happy because I ran an unofficial 4M PB tonight and I like to have it documented. So it looks like I can save one activity at a time. Still going to try get it repaired replaced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Does any kind soul have a 305 charging cradle in Dublin City centre for a few hrs between now and sat week. I have one on order but i don't think it will be here on time and i have a race on the 9th.

outforarun wrote: »
    Thanks Krusty. Yeah it's under warranty alright, I'm popping into runways tomorrow evening, the guys there said they might be able to fix it otherwise Garmin should sort me out. Really don't want to spend a lot of time running without it.
    Personally, I wouldn't let them near it to try and 'fix it', unless they're just talking about doing a hard reset. If they try to open it, this will likely invalidate your warranty, and potentially break the water resistance seal. Instead I'd expect an exchange for a new model on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Check to see if the speaker hole has been blocked by sweat/salt/dust/faeces?:eek:
    Otherwise, it sounds like it's cacked (technical term meaning that the watch no longer has a mechanism to produce audio alerts).

I would say its cacked....my 305 did this 2 years ago and the sound sporadically returned for a few months but there hasn't been a peep (literally) out of it in about 18months so I would say forget about it.

After 3 years though, my 305 seems finally to have packed it in....can't charge it, can't turn it on, can't do any sort of reset on it, have tried leaving it in charger for 24 hours, leaving it plugged into PC for hours, all to no avail.

Is there any hope for it????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Gringo78 wrote: »
    I would say its cacked....my 305 did this 2 years ago and the sound sporadically returned for a few months but there hasn't been a peep (literally) out of it in about 18months so I would say forget about it.

After 3 years though, my 305 seems finally to have packed it in....can't charge it, can't turn it on, can't do any sort of reset on it, have tried leaving it in charger for 24 hours, leaving it plugged into PC for hours, all to no avail.

Is there any hope for it????

Something similar happened me over Christmas. I put the 305 in the cradle but didn't connect it to the PC. I left it like this overnight. This completely discharged the battery. I then undocked it for a few hours and then charged it as normal and hey presto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Does Garmin 410 cx reset when the battery runs down fully? Watch was powered down and I assumed it was because the battery had run down fully - when I powered it up, my activity data was gone and I had to re-apply some of the settings... ?:confused:

Advertisement