Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

I think I wrote instructions a couple of times on this thread previously, but you'll have to use the search tool to find them (not so easy). If you give me a day or two, I'll do it for you.

However, if your event finished exactly after the lap 12 split, then you can just delete the extra laps in Garmin Training Centre (laps 13, 14, 15), export the activity from GTC to your desktop, and then do a manual upload to Garmin Connect (if it's working!).
    Thanks Krusty, that would be great but there's no rush, whenever you get a chance it was only a training run. Will have a look for your instructions for future reference.
    Cheers,
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

Woddle wrote: »
    I've been manually uploading and have had no probs. In training center click your activity and export it to your desktop and then on garmin collect click manual upload. Might help.

can you point out where the manual upload is located on GC?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

seanynova wrote: »
    can you point out where the manual upload is located on GC?
    thanks
    Click 'Upload', then on the subsequent screen, you'll see two buttons:
    Upload All New Activities
    Upload selected Activities
    Underneath these two there is a third option, 'Manual Upload'.
    Select your device, or click on the button 'Choose File'.

neilc wrote: »
    Thanks Krusty, that would be great but there's no rush, whenever you get a chance it was only a training run. Will have a look for your instructions for future reference.
    Cheers,
    Neil
    Hi Neil, it's not difficult, if you're just removing extra laps (as in your case). Just import the file into training centre, click on the additional laps, and press the [Delete] key. Then export it from Training Centre, and import it back into Garmin Connect. No tutorial required!

Or you can just download the attached file, change the name to: neilc_activity.tcx and upload it to your Garmin Connect account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

Click 'Upload', then on the subsequent screen, you'll see two buttons:
    Upload All New Activities
    Upload selected Activities
    Underneath these two there is a third option, 'Manual Upload'.
    Select your device, or click on the button 'Choose File'.

cheers, i was actually missing step one above, the upload button was not appearing on my page, so i was looking to find the manual upload button...but the upload feature is back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

seanynova wrote: »
    cheers, i was actually missing step one above, the upload button was not appearing on my page, so i was looking to find the manual upload button...but the upload feature is back again.

The Upload feature ain't back for me when I use either IE or Firefox.
    However, I was on the garmin connect facebook page and someone kindly pointed out that Chrome has the feature so after downloading Chrome, sure enough, there it is!
    GC is still acting up majorly through IE though:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

hi everyone, i signed up for garmin connect many months ago, but the novelty soon wore off so i stopped uploading data from my runs and cycles. so anyway i tried to login again the other day only to be informed that i had the incorrect password, i find this quite strange as i use the same password for all such login things. garmin sent me on a temporary password which gave me access, while i was there i set up my new password.
    i tried to login in yesterday only to be told again that my password was incorrect again! another temporary one was swiftly emailed to me but now even this won't allow me to access the site. sorry to be going on now but i then tried to set up a new account, but during this process but i was informed that my email address was already registered on the system. is there any way i can retrieve my original password or should i go through the hassle of setting up a new email account so i can start from scratch again?
    this really is bugging the sh!t out of me!!

hi everyone, i signed up for garmin connect many months ago, but the novelty soon wore off so i stopped uploading data from my runs and cycles. so anyway i tried to login again the other day only to be informed that i had the incorrect password, i find this quite strange as i use the same password for all such login things. garmin sent me on a temporary password which gave me access, while i was there i set up my new password.
    i tried to login in yesterday only to be told again that my password was incorrect again! another temporary one was swiftly emailed to me but now even this won't allow me to access the site. sorry to be going on now but i then tried to set up a new account, but during this process but i was informed that my email address was already registered on the system. is there any way i can retrieve my original password or should i go through the hassle of setting up a new email account so i can start from scratch again?
    this really is bugging the sh!t out of me!!

Basically you picked a bad time to renew your account activity!
    GC is going through some serious bug-fixing at the moment and as a result I see they are not allowing data to be deleted. I have also had loads of issues with cross-accounts, i.e. when I log-in I get someone else's data.
    These two points lead me to believe that your issue is temporary but out of your hands for the time being. I imagine they are probably trying to avoid people going into other's accounts and messing with their data.
    When they have all the issues sorted (Whenever that is!) I imagine you'll be able to go back in and reset your password as normal. This is only my hunch though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭opus

belcarra wrote: »
    Basically you picked a bad time to renew your account activity!
    GC is going through some serious bug-fixing at the moment and as a result I see they are not allowing data to be deleted. I have also had loads of issues with cross-accounts, i.e. when I log-in I get someone else's data.
    These two points lead me to believe that your issue is temporary but out of your hands for the time being. I imagine they are probably trying to avoid people going into other's accounts and messing with their data.
    When they have all the issues sorted (Whenever that is!) I imagine you'll be able to go back in and reset your password as normal. This is only my hunch though...

Glad to hear it's not just me seeing weirdness from GC! I was wondering why I couldn't remember doing those two runs in France that were showing up in my activity list :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My garmin appears to be completely dead. Reset doesn't work and it won't charge or switch on. Can't run today without my garmin... :(

• Advertisement

My garmin appears to be completely dead. Reset doesn't work and it won't charge or switch on. Can't run today without my garmin... :(
    Was there a question, or were you just sharing your grief? :)

Was there a question, or were you just sharing your grief? :)

Sharing my grief. :( All the while hoping that someone (someone being you) would have a miraculous fix for this problem. :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sharing my grief. :( All the while hoping that someone (someone being you) would have a miraculous fix for this problem. :pac:
    Try a hard reset. Leave it on charge for ages too. If that doesnt work, it has to go back to Garmin. My 405 got replaced a while ago for the same problem.

PS if you have a smart phone, get the sport tracker app. It will get you by till the garmin wakes up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Can you open a second account using the same watch in Garmin connect? The gf has started training for Dublin and would like to see her track her distances using my existing 405.
    I don't want her messing up my stats with slower runs......

I think you can open a second Garmin connect account, but the authentication would be with a single account only (in other words it'll automatically upload to the same account each time). But there's no reason you couldn't do a manual upload each time, first logging into the correct account.

Seems my garmin problem is quite common with the 310. I really need it back for the national half though. Anyone know how long garmin usually take to replace a product?

Seems my garmin problem is quite common with the 310. I really need it back for the national half though. Anyone know how long garmin usually take to replace a product?
    In my case about 3 weeks but that may have been extra delayed as they will only do like for like replacement and had to wait for a shipment. They said. If you need a loan let me know. Don't use mine for tri.

Oryx wrote: »
    In my case about 3 weeks but that may have been extra delayed as they will only do like for like replacement and had to wait for a shipment. They said. If you need a loan let me know. Don't use mine for tri.

Sure you're down that way aren't you. You're a star thanks! Can't even contemplate training tonight without a garmin.

Checked my ebay account and my response from the seller when I originally bought it was the 13th of August last year. Sale actually went through on the 11th though. I reported it on the 12th, they'd better give me a days leeway on my warranty. :pac:

Posting it off tomorrow, looks like it'll be a like for like replacement. Unlikely I'll have it back for warriors or for the national half. Strongly considering purchasing a 205 as 'back up'

Sure you're down that way aren't you. You're a star thanks! Can't even contemplate training tonight without a garmin.
    Only one county away. But Im doing a HIM in the UK that same day, and will be away from the 2nd, so if you need it, let me know and Ill have to find another way to get it to you.

Hope its sussed by then anyway.

• Advertisement

Or you can borrow my 'backup' 405 for a few weeks. Keen rates ;)

Krusty (& everyone else!),
    I have an issue with my 305 again but this time it's different.
    When I plug it in to my laptop it starts charging as per usual and after a while it shows that it's got a pretty strong charge, as you'd expect. However, the last two times I have given it a full charge only to see it give the 'low battery power' message the next time I go to use it. I always switch off the Garmin when not using it so it hasn't drained the battery that way, yet it appears to have been drained some other way.
    Have you heard of anything like this? If not I'll throw an email to the Support team (Does anyone have their contact details handy??)
    T.i.a.,
    Belcarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Never used this functionality before, but how do you:
    1. Send a previous run to your watch
    2. Follow that run
    tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Think I figured out part 1, created a course from the route on TC and I'm now sending that to the watch.

When I plug it in to my laptop it starts charging as per usual and after a while it shows that it's got a pretty strong charge, as you'd expect. However, the last two times I have given it a full charge only to see it give the 'low battery power' message the next time I go to use it. I always switch off the Garmin when not using it so it hasn't drained the battery that way, yet it appears to have been drained some other way.
    Have you heard of anything like this? If not I'll throw an email to the Support team (Does anyone have their contact details handy??)
    T.i.a.,
    Belcarra.
    Sorry, I haven't. Also, you can't turn off a 405, so haven't seen anything like it either. Is it under warranty?

Incidentally, the Forerunner 610 is getting some dreadful feedback on the charging issue. Apparently it is quite flakey/hit and miss, and will more often than not discharge rather than charge when you have it plugged into the cradle. Wouldn't be in a rush to upgrade to the 610 for another few months.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Think I figured out part 1, created a course from the route on TC and I'm now sending that to the watch.
    Yep, that's it. You can also do it from Garmin Connect. There's a [Send to Device] option for each activity. Haven't tried it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

T.i.a.,
    Belcarra.
    Try charging it off the mains.

gerard65 wrote: »
    Try charging it off the mains.
    Just doing this now. Says it's fully charged at the moment so will take it for a short run later to see how it fares...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Sent an email off to Garmin Support today but I thought I would see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I have a 405 and lately the lap/reset button is less responsive or at times doesn't work at all. The unit is 3 years old and has not given any problems in the past. The firmware is version 2.5 so I know I need to upgrade to version 2.8 but this shouldn't affect how the button works.

Anyone else with a similar issue and how was the issue resolved with Garmin?

might be time for an upgrade.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Sent an email off to Garmin Support today but I thought I would see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

I have a 405 and lately the lap/reset button is less responsive or at times doesn't work at all. The unit is 3 years old and has not given any problems in the past. The firmware is version 2.5 so I know I need to upgrade to version 2.8 but this shouldn't affect how the button works.

Anyone else with a similar issue and how was the issue resolved with Garmin?

might be time for an upgrade.

Thanks

following email received from Garmin, great service...

_______
    Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

I am sorry for your difficulties. How long have you owned the device for?

Less than a year - Please send us a copy of the purchase receipt (via email is fine) along with your name, delivery address and daytime phone number. We'll then create a returns number for you and get you to send the device to us for replacement under warranty.

More than a year - We can replace the device for you at a fixed rate cost of £78.30 inc VAT plus postage one way. If you would like to do so, please call us on 0808 238 0000 (walking and fitness) with your credit card details

Your replacement unit in either instance will be an as-new refurbished unit of the same model with a year warranty on it. Unfortunately we are not able to offer an upgrade or part exchange.
    ______

Advertisement