Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Is it just the Upload page that you have problems with? Looks like pretty simple Javascript, but it does seem to have code specific to Internet Explorer versions, so if you're using IE, you may want to look at which version you are running, and potentially upgrade or re-install.

Definitely seems like a browser issue. Can you try another browser (e.g. Firefox (best), Chrome or Internet Explorer? Why don't the automatic uploads work for you?

Thanks KC for the response. Yes it is just the Upload page where the problem occurs and yes I'm using IE. Not sure why the automatic uploads don't work. just seem to get a message in the ANT agent that the automatic upload failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Thanks KC for the response. Yes it is just the Upload page where the problem occurs and yes I'm using IE. Not sure why the automatic uploads don't work. just seem to get a message in the ANT agent that the automatic upload failed.
    In that case, I'd install Firefox and see if that solves your issue. I have found that Firefox is the most compatible browser with Garmin Connect (at least marginally better than Chrome anyway). When I run into problems with Chrome, I switch to Firefox. You may need to re-install the Garmin Communicator plug-in after the Firefox installation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I dropped my 410 a few weeks back and the face is now not working, got in touch with Garmin and while they told me they don't have a repair service they do offer a replacement service. For £80Stg, they offer an 'as new refurbished model' with a 90 day warranty. Has anyone availed of this? Would it be worth buying or should I get a new one?

Caprica wrote: »
    I dropped my 410 a few weeks back and the face is now not working, got in touch with Garmin and while they told me they don't have a repair service they do offer a replacement service. For £80Stg, they offer an 'as new refurbished model' with a 90 day warranty. Has anyone availed of this? Would it be worth buying or should I get a new one?
    Tough call. You can buy a new one today on Amazon.co.uk for £125, including HRM. Assuming that you don't need the extra charging clip, USB ANT Stick and HRM, you could probably sell those items individually, and recoup the difference between the cost of the refurb unit and the cost of the new watch (and you'd have a one year warranty instead of 30 days). On that basis, the new unit seems like better value (you'd also have the spare strap from the old watch).

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Buy now! 126 pounds Sterling including HRM on Amazon.co.uk. Link in my post above.

Done!!! Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Hi All,

Hope someone can help. Have a Forerunner 205, last couple of days the alert sound has gone really low, can barely hear it if i put it up to my ear. Prior to this it was loud and could hear it while running but can't now.

Is there a volume somewhere on it? been though settings but cant find anything.

Not sure why it's changed as I didnt do anything to it.

Thanks in advance!

blockic wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hope someone can help. Have a Forerunner 205, last couple of days the alert sound has gone really low, can barely hear it if i put it up to my ear. Prior to this it was loud and could hear it while running but can't now.

Is there a volume somewhere on it? been though settings but cant find anything.

Not sure why it's changed as I didnt do anything to it.

Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like your speaker might be on the way out. Might be worth locating the speaker and trying to clean it gently with a pin, and a Q-tip/pure alcohol, just in case it has gotten clogged up with crud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Hey,

Having a problem transferring a firmwear update to my 610. The update starts to transfer with the watch showing recieving data then after a few minutes it comes up transfer failed. Tried a few times with the ant stick and connecting the cable with no difference, any ideas :confused:

ronnie085 wrote: »
    Hey,

Having a problem transferring a firmwear update to my 610. The update starts to transfer with the watch showing recieving data then after a few minutes it comes up transfer failed. Tried a few times with the ant stick and connecting the cable with no difference, any ideas :confused:
    The cable won't work, as it is only for charging (it doesn't transfer any data). Can't think of too many suggestions to be honest apart from:
    1) keep your watch about a foot away from the USB Ant stick, away from any electronic interference (including laptops etc).
    2) If necessary, perform a soft reset on the watch (this will delete your user profile, but not your workout history).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Hey,

If you figure this one out let us know as I was going to try the same tonight. I will do so latter and let you know how I get on so if it unit specific or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Hey all, if anyone happens to be selling one in decent nick drop me a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

rom wrote: »
    If you figure this one out let us know as I was going to try the same tonight. I will do so latter and let you know how I get on so if it unit specific or what.[/Quote]
    Thanks lads. No luck as yet, gets to 99% transferred and then gives up, will play some more later if not will have to get on to customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Anyone else having problems uploading to mapmyrun.com?

Device is Forerunner 405CX and browser is Chrome. I never had any issues before and was able to uplaod to Garmin connect with no issues....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Updated 610 no problems to 2.8 firmware on mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jlang

Hey,

I had a similar error and I was going to try again, but then I noticed that the firmware version is already at 2.80 - the transfer had succeeded before it failed, if you get what I'm saying. This may not be typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lizzy C

Hi I have a Garmin 405, and it won't charge. I charged it on Friday evening, without any bother, but now when I plug it in, nothing happens. I have tried it in different sockets and with the usb piece into the computer instead of into the adapter unit, but it doesn't make any difference. I have wiped the connectors as well, but nothing. The watch is just about 15 months old and I wouldn't be a really heavy user - ie less than 1000 miles overall. I updated the software as well (even though I knew this wouldn't really make any difference). I'm freaking out with the half marathon next weekend - and only 25% left on the battery. Any suggestions....tks :(

Hi Lizzy C, it could be that your charger/adapter is broken. Do you know anyone else with a 405/410/310/910 charger?
    Also, have you tried doing a reset? The various reset modes are described in this youtube video (note: a hard-reset will clear all run data).

Hi Lizzy C, it could be that your charger/adapter is broken. Do you know anyone else with a 405/410/310/910 charger?
    Also, have you tried doing a reset? The various reset modes are described in this youtube video (note: a hard-reset will clear all run data).

Hi Krusty,
    Do you think? I'm sort of hoping that it is the charger that is broken, as they have them for sale for about 25 pounds stg on amazon - I left it plugged in, after I charged up the watch, so not sure if that would have broken it? I can try and find somebody who might have a charger so at least I can test if that's it. I'll try that before clearing all my data. I have my PBs saved on my watch.
    Tks for the speedy reply!

Lizzy C wrote: »
    Hi Krusty,
    Do you think? I'm sort of hoping that it is the charger that is broken, as they have them for sale for about 25 pounds stg on amazon - I left it plugged in, after I charged up the watch, so not sure if that would have broken it? I can try and find somebody who might have a charger so at least I can test if that's it. I'll try that before clearing all my data. I have my PBs saved on my watch.

Hi Lizzy, try a soft reset anyway (as it won't erase any data). If it is indeed the charger, I would create a thread on this forum, to see if anyone has a spare. Many of the watches use the same charger, and lots of posters will have broken watches, upgraded etc, so you should be able to get your hands on one much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hi Krusty,

If you are sure it's the charger I have a spare one for a 405 that is just gathering dust. PM if you want it.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you are sure it's the charger I have a spare one for a 405 that is just gathering dust. PM if you want it.

Thanks a million - that's very kind. I've figured out that it's not the charger though as the charger works on my friend's Garmin, so then I did a hard reset, and that didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas for other options - the battery is almost dead now, but I'm convinced it's not the actual battery, but maybe the little points in the watch that connect to the charger. I see three options: 1. try getting a new battery - where would you go for that?, 2. send it to be repaired though it's out of warranty, or 3. buy a new one - might be cheaper and quicker than the repair option?? I wouldn't mind, I was only saying on Saturday how great the Garmin was! :(

Thanks a million - that's very kind. I've figured out that it's not the charger though as the charger works on my friend's Garmin, so then I did a hard reset, and that didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas for other options - the battery is almost dead now, but I'm convinced it's not the actual battery, but maybe the little points in the watch that connect to the charger. I see three options: 1. try getting a new battery - where would you go for that?, 2. send it to be repaired though it's out of warranty, or 3. buy a new one - might be cheaper and quicker than the repair option?? I wouldn't mind, I was only saying on Saturday how great the Garmin was! :(

Hi Lizzy C, first port of call is to clean the battery contacts with a toothbrush and some pure alcohol (if you can get your hands on it). The battery on the 405 is not replaceable. Garmin will replace the watch for a reconditioned unit, but they'll charge you 80 sterling+ for the privilege. So you have to weight up whether buying a new watch is a better investment or not. If you're stuck for the half marathon, send Emer911 a pm, and she'll loan you a spare.

Hi Lizzy C, first port of call is to clean the battery contacts with a toothbrush and some pure alcohol (if you can get your hands on it). The battery on the 405 is not replaceable. Garmin will replace the watch for a reconditioned unit, but they'll charge you 80 sterling+ for the privilege. So you have to weight up whether buying a new watch is a better investment or not. If you're stuck for the half marathon, send Emer911 a pm, and she'll loan you a spare.

Thanks Krusty. Tried cleaning the contacts with isopropyl (good boards thread on that!), but no joy. I ordered a 410 on amazon - hoping it arrives by Friday in time for Saturday. Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Hi guys,just need a little help when creating new courses on GC. What I cant do is,say i was plotting a course and part of it was a loop within the course a few times,how do i do this? Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

hi Krusty, i have had a Forerunner 305 for about 4 years now, but I went a bit mad yesterday and bought a 910xt, love it! but is it possible for me to change my device on Garmin Connect and still keep my old uploads etc?

hi Krusty, i have had a Forerunner 305 for about 4 years now, but I went a bit mad yesterday and bought a 910xt, love it! but is it possible for me to change my device on Garmin Connect and still keep my old uploads etc?
    Yep, absolutely. When you pair the 910 with the USB ant stick, you'll need to authenticate to Garmin Connect. Just enter your existing credentials, and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

sound man Krusty, I knew you would have the know how, again!

Hi guys,just need a little help when creating new courses on GC. What I cant do is,say i was plotting a course and part of it was a loop within the course a few times,how do i do this? Cheers in advance
    any ideas on this???

any ideas on this???
    As you can see from the menu, the available options to you are:
    Reverse - Reverse the course Start and End points
    Out and Back - Follow course back to start point
    Loop to start - Connects the end of the route to the start of the route

There is nothing there for creating sub-section loops. So if you want repeated loops, you'll have to draw them out. An alternative is to run the actual route and then save it as a course for future use.

• Advertisement

Cheers for reply Krusty.Believe it or not,after much fluting about with it,I actually got it to do it:D

Advertisement