Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

statss wrote: »
    More HRM 610 woes...so I got it working after 2 spins on a cold wash in the washing machine....but now, I need to wet the contacts extensively in order for it to connect...I did this for last nights session and headed out but after 15 or so minutes it gave up on me. So, I wonder what the problem is. :-/ I'm close to giving up on the thing.

Here's a link to the run if anyone fancies taking a look

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/275379745

I'd imagine that after a couple of spin cycles, your battery is probably nuked. Did you change it since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I'd imagine that after a couple of spin cycles, your battery is probably nuked. Did you change it since?

Nope, I'll try that next, thanks. I probably should have taken out the battery before washing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Anyone having trouble with Garmin Connect lately, it simply will not recognise my 305, I have tried putting the USB in the four different USB ports of my laptop with no joy. Im pretty sure its not a problem with my laptop as it recognizes other devices fine. I am wondering so if it it a problem with my unit or with Garmin Connect.

Not really sure what else I can say about the problem, Anyone else having issues lately? Any resolutions??

cheers

subscriber wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with Garmin Connect lately, it simply will not recognise my 305, I have tried putting the USB in the four different USB ports of my laptop with no joy. Im pretty sure its not a problem with my laptop as it recognizes other devices fine. I am wondering so if it it a problem with my unit or with Garmin Connect.

Not really sure what else I can say about the problem, Anyone else having issues lately? Any resolutions??
    It's unlikely to be related to Garmin Connect, as this does not handle the uploads. It could be related to the Garmin Communicator plugin, USB drivers, browser, or corrupt activity.

Suggestions:
    1) Try a different browser
    2) Check your [Device Manager] for unrecognized USB devices
    3) Re-install Garmin Communicator Plugin
    4) Try on a different computer (will also need to install the Garmin Communicator plugin)
    5) Delete your oldest (not uploaded) activity.
    6) Report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

cheers

When you plug in your 305, is it launching Training Centre locally?

• Advertisement

It's unlikely to be related to Garmin Connect, as this does not handle the uploads. It could be related to the Garmin Communicator plugin, USB drivers, browser, or corrupt activity.

Suggestions:
    4) Try on a different computer (will also need to install the Garmin Communicator plugin)
    6) Report back.
    RayCun wrote: »
    When you plug in your 305, is it launching Training Centre locally?

Thanks lads, hopefully this will resolve the problem, @ray, it was not launching upon connect but it never used to from when I first installed it. Anyway, I am without mentioned 305 until wed, I am away on work, I will check back in again with an update. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Hi all,

Small problem that might be very obvious to some of you who are more technically savvy.

Whenever I have to manually upload a Garmin file, I have to go searching for the folder which can sometimes take a while as it's so well buried in multiple folders. ie c:/docs and settings/user/app data/garmin/devices/1234567/history and it takes me ages to remember where it is.

My question is this: Can I simply drag and drop the Garmin folder somewhere simpler like My Documents to make my life easier or will this cause Garmin Connect to not be able find the info automatically?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you right click on the folder and then select "send to desktop as shortcut" that should solve your problem without messing anything up.

Now see, when you say it like that it just sounds so simple and makes me feel like a complete imbecile. :(

Thanks for the help. Job sorted.

pointer28 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Small problem that might be very obvious to some of you who are more technically savvy.

Whenever I have to manually upload a Garmin file, I have to go searching for the folder which can sometimes take a while as it's so well buried in multiple folders. ie c:/docs and settings/user/app data/garmin/devices/1234567/history and it takes me ages to remember where it is.

My question is this: Can I simply drag and drop the Garmin folder somewhere simpler like My Documents to make my life easier or will this cause Garmin Connect to not be able find the info automatically?
    No you can't. You could move it, but then the Garmin apps would probably re-create the folder structure or else they would have problems doing things like authentication, as the authentication files are stored int he same folder. Couple of options:
    1) Create a shortcut to the folder: Right click on your desktop, select [New] [Shortcut] and then either browse or paste the full path to the required files.
    or:
    2) Create a new library and point the library to the folder in question.

Then when you are next performing a manual upload, just open the shortcut and copy the full path, before pasting it into the browse window on your browser upload screen. Alternatively, click on [Browse] and point it to your library.

• Advertisement

Thanks Krusty,

That's exactly the type of problem I envisaged, except my imagined scenario included large explosions and nuclear fallout, I'm not exactly confident with all this tech stuff.

Thankfully I had the good sense to wait for advice from people like Robinph and yourself before jumping in feet first.

Job sorted now, thanks for all the help.

pointer28 wrote: »
    That's exactly the type of problem I envisaged, except my imagined scenario included large explosions and nuclear fallout, I'm not exactly confident with all this tech stuff.
    That could still happen. Make sure you're very gentle with the mouse-clicks, and touch the keys on the keyboard very lightly. The slightest twitch and.....

Suggestions:
    6) Report back.

Hi lads, still not working. Downloaded all new drivers and communicator plugins but still no joy with getting garmin connect to recognize my device... pain in the backside... Any more hints??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

start training centre locally, see if it picks up your 305
    If it doesn't, your problem is not with Connect
    In that case, you could try disabling and re-enabling your USB port then connecting the Garmin again
    if that doesn't work, connect Garmin to a different computer, see if it's picked up, and connect with a different cradle

RayCun wrote: »
    start training centre locally, see if it picks up your 305
    If it doesn't, your problem is not with Connect
    In that case, you could try disabling and re-enabling your USB port then connecting the Garmin again
    if that doesn't work, connect Garmin to a different computer, see if it's picked up, and connect with a different cradle

Ray, when you say start training centre locally, I presume you mean, launch offline from a desktop icon. I was not aware garmin connect could be downloaded to my desktop and I don`t see any option on the website to download it??

What is even more strange is, my laptop is recognising my 305 fine, every time I plug it into the USB port, a small bleep plays to tell me it is connected and a message pops up to tell me "garmin unit ready for use" ??? The problem just seems to be getting connect to recognise the device.

Ray, when you say start training centre locally, I presume you mean, launch offline from a desktop icon. I was not aware garmin connect could be downloaded to my desktop and I don`t see any option on the website to download it??

What is even more strange is, my laptop is recognising my 305 fine, every time I plug it into the USB port, a small bleep plays to tell me it is connected and a message pops up to tell me "garmin unit ready for use" ??? The problem just seems to be getting connect to recognise the device.
    Ray means 'Garmin Training Centre' which is an offline downloadable product. Has similar features to Garmin Connect, but is a different product.

Did you try a different browser? What browser are you using?

Ray means 'Garmin Training Centre' which is an offline downloadable product. Has similar features to Garmin Connect, but is a different product.

Did you try a different browser? What browser are you using?

I have been using Chrome, but not sure what version.. I shall try it now with IE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I have been using Chrome, but not sure what version.. I shall try it now with IE
    I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago (go back about 20 posts in this thread). Essentially one of my runs was a corrupt file and once I manually deleted this from my 305 everything was sorted.
    Perhaps try deleting the oldest run not already uploaded?

It`s a piss take at this stage, I don`t know what other options I have, So far I tried :

-Updating communicator files,
    -Downloading new USB drivers
    -connecting with a different browser (no success)
    - Downloading Garmin Training Centre (failed to launch three times after download)
    - Deleted last not uploaded files from all three sport categories

And still it persists not to recognise ....

I can't get the screws to come off the back my faulty HRM to try and troubleshoot if the battery is the issue...

I've emailed Garmin to ask for a replacement pointing out that I shouldn't have this problem in the first place with a new product....fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

It`s a piss take at this stage, I don`t know what other options I have, So far I tried :

-Updating communicator files,
    -Downloading new USB drivers
    -connecting with a different browser (no success)
    - Downloading Garmin Training Centre (failed to launch three times after download)
    - Deleted last not uploaded files from all three sport categories

And still it persists not to recognise ....

Take a look at this link:
    https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?34192-connect-no-longer-detecting-Forerunner-305/page2
    I had issues again this morning but realised there was a Windows Update carried out in the past few days. I don't have KIES anymore but I do have HTC synch manager. I deleted this and hey presto the device is now recognised and working!!

Hope this offers something!

wooo garmin are sending me a new HRM free of charge. very impressed.

belcarra wrote: »
    Take a look at this link:
    https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?34192-connect-no-longer-detecting-Forerunner-305/page2
    I had issues again this morning but realised there was a Windows Update carried out in the past few days. I don't have KIES anymore but I do have HTC synch manager. I deleted this and hey presto the device is now recognised and working!!

Hope this offers something!

Well now, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir as I would not have figured that out if I was at it until the middle of next week!! Problem fixed,

Many thanks

Well now, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir as I would not have figured that out if I was at it until the middle of next week!! Problem fixed,

Many thanks
    Great stuff! These issues can be very frustrating alright. Glad to hear problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

So went to go for my run at lunch today and my garmin (forerunner 110) was completely frozen (screen still on, time/date frozen). Not reacting to pressing any buttons, and when I try to charge it, nothing is happening either? :(

Never happened me before. Any ideas/suggestions?

So went to go for my run at lunch today and my garmin (forerunner 110) was completely frozen (screen still on, time/date frozen). Not reacting to pressing any buttons, and when I try to charge it, nothing is happening either? :(

Never happened me before. Any ideas/suggestions?
    Hold down the [Light] and [Lap/Reset] buttons at the same time to perform a hard reset. Choose 'No' when it asks you do you want to reset existing data.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hold down the [Light] and [Lap/Reset] buttons at the same time to perform a hard reset. Choose 'No' when it asks you do you want to reset existing data.

Cheers, got it sorted. Hopefully this doesn't become a common occurance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

The electrodes on my 310xt hrm have begun to peel away from the elastic strap..can or should I super glue the electrodes back onto the elastic where its come away?

The electrodes on my 310xt hrm have begun to peel away from the elastic strap..can or should I super glue the electrodes back onto the elastic where its come away?
    Is it under warranty? If so, get Garmin to sort it out for you. Otherwise, try anything that'll keep it working.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

OpenStreetMaps now available on Garmin so more details of trails and footpaths likely to be shown now.

Advertisement