Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

robinph wrote: »
    OpenStreetMaps now available on Garmin so more details of trails and footpaths likely to be shown now.
    Cycle-paths and terrain layers are available on Google maps. Most happy about OpenStreetMaps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Karenmtob

Hi,
    I have GARMIN F60W, recently replaced battery in watch and all was working fine, then battery in the FOOTPOD needed replacing, so I've done this, but since I cannot pair it with the watch, keeping getting error NO SDM found.
    I've tried removing the battery and installing it again, but not joy. I have walked around with watch on and footpod on shoe and also no luck. Any ideas? Really need to get this back working.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Hi there,

anyone know where you can access details of previous runs in garmin connect. I can only access history for past month. Where is date from runs prior to this stored and how can you access it .

Thanks

tomred1N wrote: »
    Hi there,

anyone know where you can access details of previous runs in garmin connect. I can only access history for past month. Where is date from runs prior to this stored and how can you access it .

Thanks
    Two ways to look at prior activities:
    1) [Analyze] [Activities]: Press the navigation buttons at the bottom of the list to move to older activities
    2) Click on [Plan] [Calendar]: Select a month/year etc and then click on an activity.

If your activities are not there, then it's likely that you never uploaded them and they were over-written on the watch.

Karenmtob wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have GARMIN F60W, recently replaced battery in watch and all was working fine, then battery in the FOOTPOD needed replacing, so I've done this, but since I cannot pair it with the watch, keeping getting error NO SDM found.
    I've tried removing the battery and installing it again, but not joy. I have walked around with watch on and footpod on shoe and also no luck. Any ideas? Really need to get this back working.

Thanks
    Hi Karen, I'm no expert on the F60 range of watches, but just to be certain, once you change the battery, you are trying to 're-pair' the foot pod, right? i.e.
    Mode>Settings>Sport>Run>Foot pod>On.
    Obviously the footpod needs to be active in order to pair.

If this doesn't work for you, find someone else who has a Garmin watch, and try to pair your footpod to their device. If that doesn't work, then either you are having footpod battery issues (right model battery?) or the footpod may be kaput.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Hi All,
    Question on the Garmin personal records on the dashboard page. I ran 25k at the weekend and had intended to get a PB for half marathon distance - but it will not use this time for the half marathon personal record. Is this because I ran too far? The previous week I ran 21k exactly and it wouldn't link to this one either. How does this work? Even if I assign this run as a record it won't show my PB for that distance. Just wondering how it knows what the half marathon is (worked for all the other PBs I have, 5k, 10k, marathon). Any ideas? I have had the 410 now for about 6 months and am still terrified of doing anything other than start, lock bezel and stop at the end of training. Nearly always when I look at the watch during a run it shows me info about being ahead or behind - I have no idea what it is referring to, my last run, my last run at that distance?
    Is there a Garmin for dummies website - or am I on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A half marathon is 21.1k, maybe that's the problem. Or you haven't categorised the runs as races?

Hi All,
    Question on the Garmin personal records on the dashboard page. I ran 25k at the weekend and had intended to get a PB for half marathon distance - but it will not use this time for the half marathon personal record. Is this because I ran too far? The previous week I ran 21k exactly and it wouldn't link to this one either. How does this work? Even if I assign this run as a record it won't show my PB for that distance. Just wondering how it knows what the half marathon is (worked for all the other PBs I have, 5k, 10k, marathon). Any ideas? I have had the 410 now for about 6 months and am still terrified of doing anything other than start, lock bezel and stop at the end of training. Nearly always when I look at the watch during a run it shows me info about being ahead or behind - I have no idea what it is referring to, my last run, my last run at that distance?
    Is there a Garmin for dummies website - or am I on it?
    ^What he said^. You probably need to categorize the run as a race, instead of 'training'. Also, you should read the manual. It's here. What you are looking at during your run, is the 'Virtual Partner'. It tells you whether you are ahead or behind of a pre-determined pace. You can turn off the Virtual Partner by doing the following:
    Menu>Training>Options>Virtual Partner>Off.

There is no reason to be terrified of a glorified stopwatch. Just read the manual, play with the watch and don't sweat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Two ways to look at prior activities:
    1) [Analyze] [Activities]: Press the navigation buttons at the bottom of the list to move to older activities
    2) Click on [Plan] [Calendar]: Select a month/year etc and then click on an activity.

If your activities are not there, then it's likely that you never uploaded them and they were over-written on the watch.
    Thanks krusty i,ll check that and see if they are there. definately uploaded but never seen that navigation button u mention at bottom. will check on laptop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

I've got a ForRunner 410 that has been playing up on me for last few weeks now. I have it about six months so still under warranty. The start/stop button is getting stuck a lot so it needs to be replaced. It's very hard to lock/unlock bezel as a result and sometimes takes a few tries to get the stopwatch/timer started ie you press it and there is no beep and nothing happens.

I bought it on Amazon so just wondering in peoples experience here is it better to go back through Amazon or direct to Garmin to get replacement. I see from from Garmin Website that tehy advise to get an RMA number etc and return to the US. Is this the most reliable way of getting a replacement and getting one relatively quickly??

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 d.runs

I have a 310XT for about 2 years. I've noticed battery life getting shorter. Watch dies after about 7 hours at present and when I plug it in to charge it starts at 68%. Is this normal and can I get the battery replaced?

RedRunner wrote: »
    I bought it on Amazon so just wondering in peoples experience here is it better to go back through Amazon or direct to Garmin to get replacement. I see from from Garmin Website that tehy advise to get an RMA number etc and return to the US. Is this the most reliable way of getting a replacement and getting one relatively quickly??
    Have you been in touch with Garmin UK?
    Phone Numbers:
    Phone (freephone from UK landline): 0808 238 0000
    Phone (within UK): 0870 850 1242
    Phone (outside UK): +44 870 850 1242

Support Hours
    Mon–Fri: 8:30–17:30
    Western European Time (GMT/UTC)

d.runs wrote: »
    I have a 310XT for about 2 years. I've noticed battery life getting shorter. Watch dies after about 7 hours at present and when I plug it in to charge it starts at 68%. Is this normal and can I get the battery replaced?
    Doesn't sound normal. While you can hack some of the other Forerunners to replace the battery (e.g. 405/410), I don't believe that it's possible with the 310xt. If you need a battery life longer than 7 hours, you'll likely have to send it to Garmin to get a replacement (refurbished) unit, which they'll charge you a tidy sum for. Might be worth charging it for a few short cycles to see if it improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 d.runs

Doesn't sound normal. While you can hack some of the other Forerunners to replace the battery (e.g. 405/410), I don't believe that it's possible with the 310xt. If you need a battery life longer than 7 hours, you'll likely have to send it to Garmin to get a replacement (refurbished) unit, which they'll charge you a tidy sum for. Might be worth charging it for a few short cycles to see if it improves.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Have you been in touch with Garmin UK?

No I haven't. Thanks for the contact details I'll give them a call and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I replaced the Battery in my Garmin HRM. I left it a minute as advised but it's not working at all now. I have the Forerunner 305 & I tried to restart teh scan for the hrm but still no joy. Battery + is facing out. I read something about a circular metal bit that should be inside? I don't have one (like a thin washer?). Any ideas? thanks

I replaced the Battery in my Garmin HRM. I left it a minute as advised but it's not working at all now. I have the Forerunner 305 & I tried to restart teh scan for the hrm but still no joy. Battery + is facing out. I read something about a circular metal bit that should be inside? I don't have one (like a thin washer?). Any ideas? thanks
    Did you re-'pair' the two devices, while the HRM is active (i.e. you are wearing it, while the sensors are wet)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Did you re-'pair' the two devices, while the HRM is active (i.e. you are wearing it, while the sensors are wet)?

I Did Krusty, twice.. but on reading this I tried it again.. and Bingo! back in action. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I have a Garmin forerunner 405CX, great watch and I feel naked when I run without it.

I have had intermittent problems charging it and it came to a head today.

It keeps beeping and the screen comes up with charging then swiches to the time and back to charging. It beeps everytime it does this.

I cleaned the contact points with a toothbrush and one was slightly discoloured (rusty even?). I also used a tad (tinest amount) of lemon juice.

I am at my wits end as there is no power in it and it won't charge up, just beep and flick through the charging mode to time mode and so on.

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Just a quick question about Garmin HR strap. I have a HRM strap that came with my 405 which is now dead. I am looking to buy a new 210 but it doesn't come with a HRM strap. Would my old strap work with the new watch or are they individualized for each watch? I don't use it very often but would just like to have the option.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    Just a quick question about Garmin HR strap. I have a HRM strap that came with my 405 which is now dead. I am looking to buy a new 210 but it doesn't come with a HRM strap. Would my old strap work with the new watch or are they individualized for each watch? I don't use it very often but would just like to have the option.
    Yep, it'll work fine. You will just have to pair it with your new watch. If it's been lying around for ages, you should probably remove the battery and get a new one when you next use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Just finished a run and went to reset my garmin 610 but it has frozen. The screen has hold to reset showing with 1 second left but nothing happening now. If I press any of the buttons there is a beep but nothing happens. Tried charging but that does not seem to be doing any thing. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Just saw an earlier post with a similar problem so held down the light and lap /reset buttons and problem solved. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Garmin 405cx RIP :(

Good news is that it is in warranty and Garmn support were very helpful and will replace it. Fair play. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Is the Garmin Connect site working for everybody? Have not been able to connect for yesterday and today. I get the following message when I try to connect

TypeError: Unable to get value of the property 'getElementsByTagName': object is null or undefined

Is the Garmin Connect site working for everybody? Have not been able to connect for yesterday and today. I get the following message when I try to connect

TypeError: Unable to get value of the property 'getElementsByTagName': object is null or undefined

Just logged in to it with no problem just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

(for this type of battery, regular charging prolongs the life).

Just picking up a point from a year ago! What's the best strategy in terms of maximising battery life in the longterm? From my student media production days we were always trained to drain video camera batteries fully before recharging, and then charging back up to 100% again, otherwise battery life would deplete over time. Has technology changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭aidanor

I have recently got myself a garmin 310xt but didnt get charger or ant+ stick or hrm my question is that will the usb charging clip transfer data to computer or will ANT+ the only way to transfer data??

thanks

aidanor wrote: »
    I have recently got myself a garmin 310xt but didnt get charger or ant+ stick or hrm my question is that will the usb charging clip transfer data to computer or will ANT+ the only way to transfer data??
    thanks
    ANT+ is the only way to transfer data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭aidanor

Thanks Krusty Clown, have sorted one off one of the lads on here:-)

Advertisement