Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

aidanor wrote: »
    Thanks Krusty Clown, have sorted one off one of the lads on here:-)

No worries. You'll find the user manuals here. Definitely worth a read. Hope the guy you bought it off is a reputable seller, as the watch will have a unique device ID!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭aidanor

No worries. You'll find the user manuals here. Definitely worth a read. Hope the guy you bought it off is a reputable seller, as the watch will have a unique device ID!

Thanks for that will give it a read later, I just bought it second hand off a guy on adverts.. What problems could I have with the ID??

aidanor wrote: »
    Thanks for that will give it a read later, I just bought it second hand off a guy on adverts.. What problems could I have with the ID??
    If, for example, he had nicked it. Not to worry. I'm sure it was a legitimate sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 guysmiley

Hi Karen, I'm no expert on the F60 range of watches, but just to be certain, once you change the battery, you are trying to 're-pair' the foot pod, right? i.e.
    Mode>Settings>Sport>Run>Foot pod>On.
    Obviously the footpod needs to be active in order to pair.

If this doesn't work for you, find someone else who has a Garmin watch, and try to pair your footpod to their device. If that doesn't work, then either you are having footpod battery issues (right model battery?) or the footpod may be kaput.

Just to add my experience with the FR60 footpod, it may help. When the battery expired on my footpod, I had problems after replacement where the device was sending crazy (fast) readings to the watch. I read somewhere that if you change the battery "too fast" then the footpod may hold some charge and then not re-initialise properly. I then removed the battery for maybe half an hour, and then after replacement it worked fine for over a year.

I have a new problem now, though where the footpod seems completely unreliable since the 2nd battery ran out. I think it may be due to the footpod's relatively old age, perhaps some internal mechanical issue. I guess these things don't last too long with all the repetative vibration. It could also be the FR60 watch, but this seems fine with other sensors - the HR monitor, and the bike cadence monitor. Best option maybe is to buy a new foot pod (£48 on Amazon), although wondering if it is better splash out for a GPS watch... Doing an odd bit of adventure/tri suff, maybe the 310XT or even the sexy 910XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭plodder

Peckham wrote: »
    Just picking up a point from a year ago! What's the best strategy in terms of maximising battery life in the longterm? From my student media production days we were always trained to drain video camera batteries fully before recharging, and then charging back up to 100% again, otherwise battery life would deplete over time. Has technology changed?
    As far as I know it is different with Lithium batteries. You're better off just charging it each day, even if it's only been partially discharged. There isn't the same memory effect as with older types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭niteowl1

Hi the page/menu button on my year and a half forerunner 110 no longer works. I can't bring up satellite or menu. Is there anything I can do? Think the warranty on them is only a year, is this correct?

niteowl1 wrote: »
    Hi the page/menu button on my year and a half forerunner 110 no longer works. I can't bring up satellite or menu. Is there anything I can do? Think the warranty on them is only a year, is this correct?
    Yep, the warranty is typically a year. You could try giving it a clean with some pure alcohol/meth spirits on an ear-bud/qtip. Nothing to lose really.

You can return it to Garmin for an out-of-warranty repair, but they'll charge you around €100 to replace it with a refurbished unit, and to be honest, it's just not worth it, as that's pretty close to the price of a new 110 or 10. Might as well do your best to try and repair it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Does anyone know if it possible to edit the splits on a saved activity within garmin connect. I have one particular activity saved that i had forgotten to press the stop button on when i finished and so there is only major long split at the end of the activity thats about 22 mins long. Its bugging me and I want to delete the split and show the activity for what it is... which is one of my PB`s.

Garmin connect will not let me delete the split, is there any other way of deleting it??

Many thanks

subscriber wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it possible to edit the splits on a saved activity within garmin connect. I have one particular activity saved that i had forgotten to press the stop button on when i finished and so there is only major long split at the end of the activity thats about 22 mins long. Its bugging me and I want to delete the split and show the activity for what it is... which is one of my PB`s.

Garmin connect will not let me delete the split, is there any other way of deleting it??
    Yes, you can manually delete a split in Garmin Training Centre. You can only delete an entire split, not a section of a split. If you want, post a link to your activity and I'll do it for you.

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/125891434'></iframe&gt;

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/125891434

As far as I can see, neither of the last two splits should have been recorded.. My actual finish time which I have all ready edited on connect is in fact.4.27.25.. I have also edited the distance to say 42.195, it jut the last two splits I need deleted really..

Hopefully one of the above two links will work..

• Advertisement

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/125891434'></iframe&gt;

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/125891434

As far as I can see, neither of the last two splits should have been recorded.. My actual finish time which I have all ready edited on connect is in fact.4.27.25.. I have also edited the distance to say 42.195, it jut the last two splits I need deleted really..

Hopefully one of the above two links will work..
    The last split seems to contain the last 5 minutes of your race. So if I remove this, you'll be losing a section of the run. Does that bother you? Your time without it is 4:20. You can still Edit the activity stats and enter the correct times. The alternative is to edit the XML directly and remove the errant data, but I won't get around to that for a while.

1. Download the attached file.
    2. Remove the .PDF extension
    3. Then you can manually import it from Garmin Connect

The last split seems to contain the last 5 minutes of your race. So if I remove this, you'll be losing a section of the run. Does that bother you? Your time without it is 4:20. You can still Edit the activity stats and enter the correct times. The alternative is to edit the XML directly and remove the errant data, but I won't get around to that for a while.

1. Download the attached file.
    2. Remove the .PDF extension
    3. Then you can manually import it from Garmin Connect

Thanks for this krusty, alas, I have tried downloading this at least 10 times so far today only to get an error message saying boards.ie server has failed.. im not sure why...

Thanks for this krusty, alas, I have tried downloading this at least 10 times so far today only to get an error message saying boards.ie server has failed.. im not sure why...
    Hmm, me too... Do you know how to unzip something?
    If not, PM me your e-mail address..

Hmm, me too... Do you know how to unzip something?
    If not, PM me your e-mail address..

Im not sure I have the software to unzip although im sure it would not be difficult to download.... ill just PM my email if that's cool with you..

Im not sure I have the software to unzip although im sure it would not be difficult to download.... ill just PM my email if that's cool with you..
    Cheque file is in the mail.

Cheque file is in the mail.

This is the bane of my life at the moment, sorry to be a hindrance.

So far I have tried clicking on the link in the email (left click), also right click and select "save to" option, I have also tried unzipping it with winrar, and also downloading it from ur previous post here on boards... all with no success.

I have also tried to download garmin training centre to see if I could delete the split myself, but I cannot get the file to download, and this is coming from the garmin website itself.. Ummmm.. dunno why.

Pain in the head, sorry now, any more suggestions krusty..

Pain in the head, sorry now, any more suggestions krusty..
    I uploaded it to my Garmin Account. Click here, then:
    1. Select [Export]
    2. Select [TCX File]
    3. Choose a location to save the file to.
    4. Log into your own Garmin account.
    5. Click [Upload] (top right hand corner).
    6. Select [Manual Upload] (bottom middle of screen).
    7. Click on [Choose File]
    8. Go to where you saved the file and select it. It should upload.

When it's done, let me know, so I can delete it from my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

My Garmin 405 stopped working suddenly on Friday morning. It seems that it wont charge up. When I have it plugged it in it just says "charging 0%". if I unplug it it switches off.

Anyway i borrowed a friends 405 for the Connemarathon, but how do I get the details from his watch onto my computer?

fluboy wrote: »
    My Garmin 405 stopped working suddenly on Friday morning. It seems that it wont charge up. When I have it plugged it in it just says "charging 0%". if I unplug it it switches off.

Anyway i borrowed a friends 405 for the Connemarathon, but how do I get the details from his watch onto my computer?
    You can either get him to upload it to his Garmin Connect account and you can download it from there (get him to send you the URL), or else you'll have to pair his watch with your Garmin ANT+ USB stick and associate it with your Garmin Connect account. The former is definitely the quicker/easier option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭ooter

Don't want to have to go through 150 pages to find an answer,basically what I'm looking for is something to accurately tell me how far I've ran and the time?
    is there an entry level Garmin that would do the job?
    I don't have a laptop so would have no real need for the more advanced features of the more expensive watches.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    Don't want to have to go through 150 pages to find an answer,basically what I'm looking for is something to accurately tell me how far I've ran and the time?
    is there an entry level Garmin that would do the job?
    I don't have a laptop so would have no real need for the more advanced features of the more expensive watches.
    Forerunner 10.

I uploaded it to my Garmin Account. Click here, then:
    1. Select [Export]
    2. Select [TCX File]
    3. Choose a location to save the file to.
    4. Log into your own Garmin account.
    5. Click [Upload] (top right hand corner).
    6. Select [Manual Upload] (bottom middle of screen).
    7. Click on [Choose File]
    8. Go to where you saved the file and select it. It should upload.

When it's done, let me know, so I can delete it from my account.

Thanks krusty but I am really starting to think this is a lost cause, I can view the file on ur garmin account no problem but when I attempt to export as TCX file, it says "application not found". I have also tried to export it under the two other formats listed with the same results. Is this issue possibly due to a lack of certain download software on my laptop??

Thanks krusty but I am really starting to think this is a lost cause, I can view the file on ur garmin account no problem but when I attempt to export as TCX file, it says "application not found". I have also tried to export it under the two other formats listed with the same results. Is this issue possibly due to a lack of certain download software on my laptop??
    What operating system/browser are you using?

Forerunner 10.

Thanks a lot.
    Do you have any idea where would be the cheapest place to buy it,website or shop?

ooter wrote: »
    Thanks a lot.
    Do you have any idea where would be the cheapest place to buy it,website or shop?
    You could try Amphibian King. Amphkingwest was doing a deal for a while, but I suspect, it was an introductory thing. After that, Amazon.co.uk probably has the best prices.

You could try Amphibian King. Amphkingwest was doing a deal for a while, but I suspect, it was an introductory thing. After that, Amazon.co.uk probably has the best prices.

Thanks a lot KC

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭fluboy

Thanks KC.

Just one last question and sorry I am sure you have ans this loads of times, but where do I send my Garmin to be fixed? I bought it in the states around 3 years ago

Thanks

fluboy wrote: »
    Thanks KC.

Just one last question and sorry I am sure you have ans this loads of times, but where do I send my Garmin to be fixed? I bought it in the states around 3 years ago

Thanks
    Hi fluboy, I'm guessing you know that it's out of warranty?! Typically Garmin will charge you around £75 for a repair, but in fact they will replace your watch with a refurbished alternative (same model). In many cases, depending on which watch you have, this may make it uneconomical to repair, and you may be better off investing in a new watch.

If you want to go ahead with a replacement, you'll need to request an RMA number. You can get in contact with Garmin Support here.

What operating system/browser are you using?

Krusty, thanks for your patience. Problem sorted and I now have the course saved to my garmin account. Turned out I needed an update for my garmin communicator plugin. Once this was done, the file downloaded without any issues.

Thanks again. :)

• Advertisement

Krusty, thanks for your patience. Problem sorted and I now have the course saved to my garmin account. Turned out I needed an update for my garmin communicator plugin. Once this was done, the file downloaded without any issues.

Thanks again. :)
    Ah, that's a relief. So I can delete it from my account now?

Advertisement