Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Thanks Krusty, the extravert in me was attracted to the 310 alright! Should go nicely with my yellow runners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Thanks Krusty, the extravert in me was attracted to the 310 alright! Should go nicely with my yellow runners!!

Good choice. I find the hard buttons soooo much better than using the bezel. You can actually adjust settings on the run, which you can't realistically do with the bezel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

huskerdu wrote: »
    I paired it with the HRM only last week, so assumed that it was enabled, but I didn't check. Of course that was it. Working now.

Thanks
    I have a new 310XT for the past few weeks and everytime I go to upload I have to enable pairing on both my watch and the ANT agent. Is there anyway of permanently linking the pair?
    mr.wiggle wrote: »
    I've found the 310 a very good improvement on my 305. Well worth opting for this.
    (Apart from the pairing issues above!:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭carlton36

Is anybody else having problems logging in to the Garmin site today? I had a few failed uploads 'due to internal server errors' earlier today but now I can't even log into the site
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

carlton36 wrote: »
    Is anybody else having problems logging in to the Garmin site today? I had a few failed uploads 'due to internal server errors' earlier today but now I can't even log into the site
    Thanks

Just logged into site now with no problem..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

^^^
    I just uploaded a run there with no issues...

RedRunner wrote: »
    Just logged into site now with no problem..
    Thanks.. strange. It still won't allow me to log in, I just get a 'garmin.com is not responding' message

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

carlton36 wrote: »
    Thanks.. strange. It still won't allow me to log in, I just get a 'garmin.com is not responding' message

If you have a smart phone..try logging in on that,to at least rule out pc/laptop problem perhaps

RedRunner wrote: »
    If you have a smart phone..try logging in on that,to at least rule out pc/laptop problem perhaps

The request times out on the iTouch... get's stranger. I'll forget about it for today. thanks for the advice anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Hey-

Lost the charger for the 310- anyone know where I might be able to pick one up in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

belcarra wrote: »
    I have a new 310XT for the past few weeks and everytime I go to upload I have to enable pairing on both my watch and the ANT agent. Is there anyway of permanently linking the pair?

Just giving this a bump in case anyone knows how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

belcarra wrote: »
    Just giving this a bump in case anyone knows how to fix it?

This happened to me last year, firmware upgrade was the only thing that fixed it.

It happened again last week, my firmware was all up to date so I tried a hard reset and it's back working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

A friend of mine is in the market for a garmin watch for running. Looking for a recommendation on a website that does decent garmin offers? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I purchased a few bits from this crowd http://www.handtec.co.uk/ first delivery was a little slow as we had a bit of backwards and forwards on credit card verification (which is actually a positive).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm wondering if my HR battery needs to be replaced.

Using a garmin forerunner 610, second hand, bought off ebay.

Up until yesterday the HR monitor was working fine, last 2 runs the HR monitor does not get picked up by the watch.

I've tried going into setup and HR monitor, it says searching and eventully asks are you wearing HR monitor but never finds it,

Any ideas? I guess the battery could be dead but I would have thought you would get a low battery warning or something first.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if my HR battery needs to be replaced.

Using a garmin forerunner 610, second hand, bought off ebay.

Up until yesterday the HR monitor was working fine, last 2 runs the HR monitor does not get picked up by the watch.

I've tried going into setup and HR monitor, it says searching and eventully asks are you wearing HR monitor but never finds it,

Any ideas? I guess the battery could be dead but I would have thought you would get a low battery warning or something first.
    Nope, I don't think you get a low battery warning. Most likely it's the battery. Get a replacement and then 're-pair' the HRM with the watch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nope, I don't think you get a low battery warning. Most likely it's the battery. Get a replacement and then 're-pair' the HRM with the watch.

Thanks, I'll try and open the HR monitor and remove the battery to see if I can get a replacement.

Thanks, I'll try and open the HR monitor and remove the battery to see if I can get a replacement.
    It's a pretty standard CR2032. You should be able to pick one up in most supermarkets in their battery section.

Yeah, I noticed they have them in Argos too, hopefully pick one up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,680 ✭✭✭Trampas

In connect can you breakdown an activity into sections?

• Advertisement

Hi,

I've replaced the battery but still the Garmin is not picking up the HRM. Not sure what else I can try, I may do a factory reset this evening to see if that helps.

It may be an issue with the strap or something.

Hi,

I've replaced the battery but still the Garmin is not picking up the HRM. Not sure what else I can try, I may do a factory reset this evening to see if that helps.

It may be an issue with the strap or something.

Did you pair the HRM with the watch again?

Did you pair the HRM with the watch again?

I tried but it doesn't pick it up, after a minute or so of searching it says "Are you wearing HR monitor Yes/No"

I tried but it doesn't pick it up, after a minute or so of searching it says "Are you wearing HR monitor Yes/No"
    Are you wearing the HR monitor, Yes/No? :)

Well factory reset didn't help with anything other clearing out my history.

Maybe the battery isn't seated properly, only thing I can think of at the moment would be to re-insert the battery and see if that makes a difference.

Well factory reset didn't help with anything other clearing out my history.

Maybe the battery isn't seated properly, only thing I can think of at the moment would be to re-insert the battery and see if that makes a difference.

Are you wearing the HR monitor, Yes/No?
    The HRM will not be active, unless you are wearing it and have good contact (so wet the sensors). Then try to pair it again. Sometimes the contacts with the battery are poor. You can try gently bending the contacts so they make better contact. You could also try pairing the HRM strap with someone else's Garmin.

Are you wearing the HR monitor, Yes/No?
    The HRM will not be active, unless you are wearing it and have good contact (so wet the sensors). Then try to pair it again. Sometimes the contacts with the battery are poor. You can try gently bending the contacts so they make better contact. You could also try pairing the HRM strap with someone else's Garmin.

Yes I try it while wearing the HRM, but previously I never needed to do this, but will try that again this evening.

I don't think I have access to anyone else with a garmin but will ask around work etc.

Yes I try it while wearing the HRM, but previously I never needed to do this, but will try that again this evening.

I don't think I have access to anyone else with a garmin but will ask around work etc.

Just to confirm to pair the HRM to the watch, I just go into setup/Hear rate Monitor/select Yes and it should pick it up?

I don't need to do anything with the ANT+ usb stick/laptop

Just to confirm to pair the HRM to the watch, I just go into setup/Hear rate Monitor/select Yes and it should pick it up?

I don't need to do anything with the ANT+ usb stick/laptop
    That sounds correct. The pairing is between the watch and the HRM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DOCO12

Any one ever experienced difficulty uploading runs from their 405 to Garmin Connect? I've tried force send etc but won't work. I saw one suggestion below but I'm afraid of losing data of recent races. Cheers

"In instances when the Forerunner 405, 405Cx or 410 may become non-responsive it may be necessary to reset the Forerunner to its original factory settings.
    Follow these steps to reset the device:
    *Warning - A Master Reset will erase all saved data on the Forerunner
    1.Press and hold the Start/Stop and Lap/Reset buttons simultaneously
    2.Keep both buttons pressed for 8 seconds or until the screen goes blank
    3.Then release the Start/Stop button and continue to hold the Lap/Reset button for an additional 3 seconds
    4.Release the Lap/Reset button
    5.Select the Enter (Start/Stop) button to clear user data
    Once these steps are complete, follow the setup prompts. Set profile options and charge the battery completely before using."

Advertisement