Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extruded polystyrene ?

• 02-08-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,
    If there's anywhere I'll find an answer it's in this fourm,
    I'm looking to get some sheets of extruded polystyrene for a project I'm working on and I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some handy ? I'm not looking for a massive amount, maybe one or two (depending on how big they are) but so far, having checked online all I can see are quantities for insulating a house or a floor !
    Any tips out there ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

they come in 2 x 4ft sheets, either 1inch or 2inch thick, you can get them in builders providers but you will have to buy a bale of, I think, 24 of the 1" sheets, cost about €30. I seriously doubt you will get single sheets as they are too easily damaged. It might be worth asking if they have a couple of sheets from a damaged bale though.

edit, I am open to correction, but I think it is expanded polystyrene, not extruded, you are looking for.

Advertisement