Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to ashtown

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am thinking on moving to Ashtown, the Belleville apartments. Any advice? What is this area like? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Nice spot, right on the gates of the Phoenix Park, main entrance is on Blackhorse Ave with the N3 on the other side.
    The bus stop (5 or 6 bus routes at least) is right at the apartments, with a private gate beside it to let you into the complex.
    You're also close to the rail line, and local shops (superquinn, spar, newsagents, takeaways, etc.).
    Close to several pubs, the closest of which is across the N3 (Halfway house)

The down side is the volume of traffic on the N3 at the roundabout is very heavy, and goes virtually all night.
    You'd need to check how well insulated against noise the apartments are.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rosen

I don't know the apartments but know the area well. It's nice around there - the above poster pointed out the downside with traffic but it's something you get used to.
    I really like it around there, it's quiet enough to be honest but having the park on your doorstep is brilliant. It's not too far a walk to the Hole in the Wall and Cummiskey's which are decent pubs and public transport to town is excellent - bus and Dart a short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I lived in Ashtown for a couple of years. To be honest I wouldn't be going back, but several of the things I most disliked about it were due to living on the wrong side of the tracks (literally). Joyriders, horses, car break ins all conspired to make me move away.

If you were in Belleville you'd probably have a different take on things. As said above, the park is really close, you're close to the train station and Navan Road which is good for transport. No getting stuck at rail crossings. Pub across the road.

I moved to Drumcondra and couldn't be happier. But really it depends on your own circumstances. Do you want to be living out that way? Where are you working? Do you need access to the M50?

For me personally Ashtown would still be a little further out than I'd want, but for you that may not be the case. Belleville looks a nice complex too.

Advertisement