Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poklish builders recommendations??

Options
  • 02-08-2010 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

OK before anyone jumps on me Im not strictly stuck on Polish builders but I have seen the quality of the work done by some Polish builders and it is top notch and very reasonably priced.

Does anyone on here have any experience with a Polish crew based locally and if so would the recommend them and possibly PM me some contact details for them.

Outbuilding conversion, mid-sized project.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes . I know of a crew that recently done a job cheap out the Ardee road, course that was because each of them had 3 different PPS nos of their mates that have left the country.
    There are good Irish men out there too, that will give a competitive price . Then the money stays in the country....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

OK before anyone jumps on me Im not strictly stuck on Polish builders but I have seen the quality of the work done by some Polish builders and it is top notch and very reasonably priced.

Does anyone on here have any experience with a Polish crew based locally and if so would the recommend them and possibly PM me some contact details for them.

Outbuilding conversion, mid-sized project.

to be honest a lot of Irish workers do top notch work too, and with the recession prices are more reasonably priced, also I prefer to source Irish workers to do jobs, and keep the money in the economy,

ingen wrote: »
    to be honest a lot of Irish workers do top notch work too, and with the recession prices are more reasonably priced, also I prefer to source Irish workers to do jobs, and keep the money in the economy,

I agree as I recently got an extension built by Irish guys. The finish was top quality and they never missed a day on the job. He stuck to his price and anything extra was listed and costed to the nail.
    We were very pleased with the high standard of the work.
    He would also come up with advice from his own experience which was very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I never heard such a nonsense of a question. I have always used Irish builders because I got top notch results (would accept nothing less) and I got value for money. Look around and you'll find them. I'd use Polish if they were up to it but none ever quoted me and could provide all the nescessary insurance etc. One guy wanted me to provide the tools!

Never has my flabber been so gasted by an attitude and a sterio-typing!

Why not ask for recommendations for A quality builder with reasonable prices, irrespective of nationality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Listen guys maybe you cant read, Im looking for Polish builder, Im not looking for others to whinge about my choice.

PS im off out for something to eat, should I avoid the Italian restaurant and maybe forget my regular chineese on Friday night??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

im off out for something to eat, should I avoid the Italian restaurant and maybe forget my regular chineese on Friday night??

Different scenario completely and you know it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Listen guys maybe you cant read, Im looking for Polish builder, Im not looking for others to whinge about my choice.

PS im off out for something to eat, should I avoid the Italian restaurant and maybe forget my regular chineese on Friday night??
    What you mean is you want it done for feck all, and you dont want to attract the attention of the tax man either.;)

1st of all please don't be making us out to be stupid by saying we can't read.
    We know you want to pay peanuts to get some Polish guys to work 24/7 for you as you see them as a lower class of person to you.

Enjoy your chinese!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Being a Irish Bricklayer myself and spending 4 years training to build house's that are Irish standard house's with every part of the the build done to the book, i find it really hard why you would want to choose a foreign builder, who in my mind and maybe others was not trained at all by Fas for 4 years to build Irish house's.

The work may look good, but is it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I used to do concrete floors before I got myself educated and I seen some very very dodgy work carried out by Polish builders along the way, we also had a few polish on the crew and while they were extremely hard working they were no where near anything that you would call skilled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

Reminds me of something i heard a few weeks back an thought was good;

"What do you call a black pilot?

A pilot, you racist b*****d"

Why do you want a nationality specific builder? Maybe you should stick to Lidl for your eastern European savings and keep the building to qualified Irish men.

I'm an apprentice plasterer and haven't worked in about 6 months. Maybe everyone has the same opinion that foreign is better...

Advertisement