Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand New

Options
  • 02-08-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭

Anybody in to Brand New?

Been listening to their latest album 'Daisy' for a while now and it's really grown on me. Still not up to the standard of 'The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me', but it would be hard to top that. One of my favourite albums.

I was never really in to their earlier stuff. Can't say I have much love for their first album, I got into them when the released their second album 'Deja Entendu' in 2003. I liked it but I wouldn't say I loved it, kinda forgot about them and then a few years later decided to see if they'd put anything else out. I found Devil and God are Raging Inside Me and gave it a listen, was very impressed with its much darker more mature sound. Has been one of my favourite albums ever since and I'd always stick it on every now and then. It just does something for me that no other album does.

Got Daisy a while back and I wasn't that impressed at first but it has grown on me quite a lot. Sounds kind of similar to Devil and God are Raging Inside Me, staying away from their earlier sound.

Compulsory youtube example of my favourite tune from their latest album:

Any other fans out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I love The Devil and God... Really a great album, one of my favourite non-metal albums.

Favourite songs would be Archer's Bow's Are Broken or Luca.

I should really listen to Deja Entendu... And I'm not that made on Daisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I like Brand New. The Devil And God is their best in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I haven't listened to them in a long time. I remember ripping my copy of Deja Entendu and getting pissed off with the ridiculously long track titles. I think that was either before cddb existed or I'd just not heard of it at the time. There were some great songs on there - Sic Transit Gloria ...Gloria Fades and The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows for a start.

I must go and check out their recent stuff. Is it much of a departure from Deja Entendu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Thread reminded me of this band, Just got new album, very good.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Deja was their best for me, after that they slipped more in the direction of Indie / Alt or what ever genre you want to use. I preferred them louder I guess.

I like stuff off the latest 2 records aswell, Jesus is a fantastic track.

Still though Mixtape from your favorite weapon is my all time fav by them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

What do you guys think of Crime In Stereo, I've been listening to them a lot lately and I've heard that some them were in a band with members of Brand New when they were younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Saw them ages ago at lowlands festival and was very impressed. Must get some of there stuff but the emotion the singer displayed on stage was something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I like Crime In Stereo too. Haven't given their latest album a proper listen as yet. Need to be in the mood for it, I suppose.

Advertisement