Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Talksport radio?

• 02-08-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

Hi all, mabe a bit of a long shot.
    For a long time now I have been listening to Talksport radio from London over the internet. I only listen late at night to Ian Collins. My problem is that they have just changed the look of the website and I cannot get to hear the radio broadcast anymore.

Theres a box with 'listen live' which I click then a pop up come up and plays an add for Sky sports. This would normally be followed by the programme currently being broadcast but when the ad stops......thats it, nothing.

I also can't find an email address to contact them.

Any help out there please . Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭bossdrum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭the watchman

WOW, Thanks Bossdrum. Amazing, one click and my windows Media player comes up with Talksport blasting out. Fantastic. I just wish I knew how that works. I have saved the shortcut to my Dektop now.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Talksport was so great until Dickin died. Then it went downhill and Whale got fired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Talksport was so great until Dickin died. Then it went downhill and Whale got fired.

Never a big fan of Whale but Mike Dickin was my favourite radio presenter of all time. I haven't listened to Talksport since I left the UK a few years ago. Why did Whale get the bullet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

WOW, Thanks Bossdrum. Amazing, one click and my windows Media player comes up with Talksport blasting out. Fantastic. I just wish I knew how that works. I have saved the shortcut to my Dektop now.
    Thanks again.

'Blasting' being the operative word.

Couldn't take it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Lapin wrote: »
    Why did Whale get the bullet?

I'm not 100% on this but I think it was because he endorsed Boris Johnson on his programme for London mayor which is against broadcasting rules during an election.

Lapin wrote: »
    Never a big fan of Whale but Mike Dickin was my favourite radio presenter of all time. I haven't listened to Talksport since I left the UK a few years ago. Why did Whale get the bullet?

It was during elections campaign time and he was discussing the various candidates and he remarked about one candidate something like "yea he's good, I like him, I'd vote for him", I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. It was his last broadcast.

I believe he intended to do internet radio after that but I never got to listening to it.

Of course Ash is still there as engineer for Ian Collins.

And of course Mike DIckens was a great loss too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

my health is not in question......... , james whale was a big loss to ts but you can hear him daily at 4pm on lbc 97.3fm or sky channel 0124

vince wrote: »
    my health is not in question......... , james whale was a big loss to ts but you can hear him daily at 4pm on lbc 97.3fm or sky channel 0124

Hi Vince, any chance you could post a link to James whale for me please like Bossdrum did earlier.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

hi im not a pc expert not sure how to do that but go to lbc.co.uk and click on live its easy

• Advertisement

vince wrote: »
    hi im not a pc expert not sure how to do that but go to lbc.co.uk and click on live its easy

Thank you Vince ,done that and have shortcut on desktop now.

My next problem is that I will have a problem listening to James Whale at 4pm. To listen to podcasts you have to sign up, supply your lifes history and PAy:mad:.

Any one know how I can hear podcasts with out paying:).

Thanks again Vince.

Advertisement