Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents parking permit question??

• 02-08-2010 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I have been living on manor street currently for 2 years and am getting my first car in a few weeks, I was just wondering on the website for residents parking permit it says you need a lease or proof of ownership, But the problem is I rent but me and the landlord never signed a lease

So would i just get a rentbook would that suffice, The vehicle is gonna be registered in my name to the address, I got electric bills, gas bills and eircom bills with my name on them to the address.

so just wondering would that be enough, did anyone ever have any past experiences with this.

thanks for any help :D:D:D:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

that would be fine, my parents live on the manor as well and my dad goes down with a bill to the corporation office when applying for his permit..ring them first to check but i'd imagine it'd be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I wonder what the story is with the logbook ya gotta bring that down, But it takes about 4 weeks to get back after posted away so what do i do for parking while waiting for logbook :confused::confused::confused:

I wonder are they pretty sound about it or are they difficult but i suppose they gotta make sure people are not scamming them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I'd say they are grand enough, they have a list i'm sure of who's got a permit for which house etc and as long as there isn't another car allocated to that house they would be ok...they are normally grand

Im hoping it will be that easy, Im thinking maybe bills to this address and the log book should work. ;)

thanks for the info anyway much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Mates of mine when they were in college here had a terrible time trying to get the parking permit, their address listed for car tax (+ insurance I think) had to match the address they said they were living in. They got a good few parking fines for parking outside their house despite leaving notes saying it is being processed. When they got the permit the city council overturned the parking fines after a rather heated argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

You'll probably need a lease, and your permit will actually expire on the last day on the lease. They are really strict about making sure that a) the person is living there and b) they are living there during a certain period.

Check the documentation you need now. I remember when I first went through the process, I had to wait for change of ownership to come through before I could get tax, iirc., and that held up the permit and living where I live, I got three tickets in the first 24hrs! Ended up parking the thing at work until everything was sorted. The council were completely unhelpful and rude about the whole thing, and insisted that I should have sought advice from them before I bought the car!

Getting a parking permit for Waterford city as a renter is probably the toughest bureaucratic hurdle you will ever have to jump as a new driver. Probably up there with buying a house. But nobody cares, because renters are only transients right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

deisedave wrote: »
    Im hoping it will be that easy, Im thinking maybe bills to this address and the log book should work. ;)

thanks for the info anyway much appreciated.

Hmm... they may or may not accept certain bills. What they want is electricity, gas, revenue letters, etc. What they don't want are things like phone bills and other fecky little bills that don't really attach you to the house. Landlord has all the bills in their own name? Life is tough isin't it? Get the Revenue (tax office) to send you out something. Better ask them first what they'll accept. They can be a tempermental bunch.

Although admittedly, at the third time of asking this year, I had no hassle with any of my documentation (I just empty my glove compartment of documents and bring the whole bundle with me).

Thanks for the help guys,

was very usefull:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I have this fun now.
    Live in the middle of town,bought my car yesterday and now have to wait for the log book to come back to get everything sorted.Granted I still live at home so im on the electoral register at that address which hopefully means I dont have to sort out a bill since theyre in my parents names.
    Gonna have to see if they really need the log book.....ugh i hate beauracracy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Here ya go!
    Only fully completed forms accompanied by all of the following items will be accepted

1. Copy of current Rental/Lease Agreement or proof of ownership of property.
    2. Copy of the Vehicle Licencing Certificate (VLC)or Log Book. Vehicle must be registered in the applicants name at the address for which the application is made.
    3. If this vehicle is a commercial vehicle, the VLC and a letter from the
    company confirming its use by the applicant must be submitted with the
    application.
    4. Copy of recent household utility bill e.g. Gas, ESB, NTL or TV Licence

5 The fee for a replacement/duplicate permit is €50.00
    N.B. All documentation listed above must accompany both renewals and first
    applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Soswozere

deisedave wrote: »
    Hey guys

I have been living on manor street currently for 2 years and am getting my first car in a few weeks, I was just wondering on the website for residents parking permit it says you need a lease or proof of ownership, But the problem is I rent but me and the landlord never signed a lease

So would i just get a rentbook would that suffice, The vehicle is gonna be registered in my name to the address, I got electric bills, gas bills and eircom bills with my name on them to the address.

so just wondering would that be enough, did anyone ever have any past experiences with this.

thanks for any help :D:D:D:D:D:D

I had to get a permit while living on manor street too,
    no logbook or lease, so drafted a short letter sayin " I mr. landlord am currently renting this property at *address* to Mr. you name "
    Something like that. Got landlords signature and phone number on it, that and a bill and i was sorted.

Best o luck with parking / moving your car from this area, plus the added bonus of wing-mirrors kicked off, footprints n dents from people running up and over ur car etc. :(

Advertisement