Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent allowance reviews

• 02-08-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just looking for what others receiving rent allowance experiences are here.

First off i work 2 - 3days per week(the 3rd day is rare and wud be a sunday) all of which is declared and above board. i.e. 100% honest. My partner is now out of work as well :(

We are receiving a small contribution towards our rent which helps to keep our heads barely above board. However a rent review seems to be always coming up sometimes it can be once a month other times two weeks in a row. Which isnt a problem besides my landlord having to travel 20 miles to sign the form plus asking my place of work to fill out a form and do the same. Anybody else that i know that is receiving rent allowance says a review only happens every two or three months. However none of them are currently working at all. Sometimes it feels like they think i'm lying about something but i couldnt be more honest i hate social welfare defrauders and i hate that i need to look for help and i am currently sending out feelers for work overseas so i'm not in this situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

been on rent allowance since march and havent had a review yet
    quick question are you or your partner foreign nationals as i've heard they seem to get reviews more often
    also it could be down to the fact your working they may just be checking that your circumstances havent changed i know you said you would defraud them but plenty would so maybe they are just making sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

edellc wrote: »
    been on rent allowance since march and havent had a review yet
    quick question are you or your partner foreign nationals as i've heard they seem to get reviews more often
    also it could be down to the fact your working they may just be checking that your circumstances havent changed i know you said you would defraud them but plenty would so maybe they are just making sure

We are Irish born and breed. I know theres others out there that would defraud but i just feel that it is coming up very often for no particular reason. The dole office has only requested one review in 11 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

it just sounds like bad luck dude so sorry to hear that its hard enough dealing with the lack on money and work without feeling like youve done something wrong all the time i'd make a complaint about it if it where me as every month is a pain and if your LL has to travel that far to sign stuff how long before he/she gets pissed off doing this or starts questioning why you are being reviewed all the time

Advertisement