If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 " LCD - Samsung B450 / Panny TXL32S10 price/availability

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Hi there, since I can't get an answer in my attempted hi-jack of the other 32" thread I thought I'd create my own ;)

Am looking at a 32" LCD TV and have narrowed it down to the following:

(720p)
    Samsung B450
    Toshiba AV615

(1080p)
    Samsung B530
    Panasonic TXL32S10 (Preferred due to gaming performance)
    Toshiba LV665

do you have any of these in stock? Are any for delivery down south? if not I can collect no problems I'd just like to know which of these you have in stock and for how much so I can make my mind up!

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi 00sully,

I've deleted your other post to avoid any confusion - duplicate posting is not encouraged, as mentioned in the Charter.

It's worth bearing in mind that this was a bank holiday weekend and RS also have a few people out of action so response time is a little less rapid. I'm sure someone will respond to your query shortly.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi 00sully

I've just had a little look at Richer Sounds Belfast stock levels on these TV's and the majority are out of stock at the moment.

They do however get frequent deliveries but i'm not privy to what they have on order/coming in (I'm based in The Philips Shop in Dublin) so best give them a buzz on 0044 333 900 0070 and speak to one of the lads there.

They will be able to give you up to date info in whats available from your short list and the latest price.

As The Ritz mentioned the two lads that look after Boads in RSB are off at the moment so it may take them a shgort while to get to you via Boards - the phone will be the quickest way to wring a deal out of them - dont forget to mention you are from Boards

Of course if there is anything from The Philips range that takes your fancy let me know....

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

00sully wrote: »
    Hi there, since I can't get an answer in my attempted hi-jack of the other 32" thread I thought I'd create my own ;)

Am looking at a 32" LCD TV and have narrowed it down to the following:

(720p)
    Samsung B450
    Toshiba AV615

(1080p)
    Samsung B530
    Panasonic TXL32S10 (Preferred due to gaming performance)
    Toshiba LV665

do you have any of these in stock? Are any for delivery down south? if not I can collect no problems I'd just like to know which of these you have in stock and for how much so I can make my mind up!

Thanks.

Sully

apologies for the delay getting back to you (& thx Ash) The LE32B450 is available to order and we have lots of them in our main UK warehouse at £269.95 - this is an in-store collection product only.

The LE32B530 is a finished line for us now and it's only whatever is left in the individual branches to clear ex-demo at £299.95 - we have just sold our demo unit.

Again the Tosh models are also last few to clear and you can actually see on the www.richersounds.com site where there is stock available (just click on the tab marked 'click here for stock availablilty'.

If you are looking for a decent unit I would look at the LG32LD450 at just £349.95 or if you are looking for a really good performer I would highly recommend the Philips 32PFL5405h which is both full HD AND 100HZ at just £399.95 which is an amazing TV for that spec under £400!

Keep me posted and please accept my apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Thanks Ashley, I will give them a call so!

wrt Philips range, are there any 32" with a comparable performance to the Panasonic TXL32S10 with regards input lag?

Thanks again :)

Thanks John,

pretty much ruled out the LG32LD450 due to input lag. so all those tv's are out of stock in belfast! what about the Panasonic TXL32S10?? If you have one left I'll take it!?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi 00sully

Have a look at this, The Philips 32PFL5405H
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

This TV seems to be better spec'd than the Pana S10 in that our 5405 is a 100Hz TV with a 2ms response time.

Neither specs quote input lag times however so cant compare this side of things, however our 32PFL5405H has a GAME mode in the Picture setup options that can be asigned to which ever input you have your games console - this switches alot of the image processing off when engaged.

Check it out and see what you think

atb
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

00sully wrote: »
    Thanks John,

pretty much ruled out the LG32LD450 due to input lag. so all those tv's are out of stock in belfast! what about the Panasonic TXL32S10?? If you have one left I'll take it!?

Thanks.

Sully,

Most of the models you have mentioned so far are end of line - the same applies to the TXL32S10 - this is now a finished line - however as Ash suggested you should have a look at the 32PFL5405 http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5405h_05/32pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf With the 100HZ/Game Mode, Full HD and 2 year warranty it's an excellent package for the money.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

It does indeed Ash I just can't find any reviews on this particular model and I know that panasonic have the best input lag in the business!

The 32PFL5405H does look impressive according to it's spec sheet. Does that price include delivery?

Also, in the spec sheet it mentions multimedia playback. Is that all over USB? including video?

Multimedia Applications
    •Multimedia connections: USB
    •Picture Playback Formats: JPEG
    •Music Playback Formats: MP3, WMA (v2 up to v9.2), AAC
    •Video Playback Formats: Codec support:, H264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1, Containers: AVI, MKV

Thanks again :)

Yeah thanks John - I think I'll go with this so :)

so ~€500 from philips shop or £399 from RS in belfast?

Hi 00sully

I have the 32PFL5405H in stock and ready to roll, it's yours for €499 if you want to collect from our goodselves.

Shall I set one aside for you?

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.