Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pique the reporter

• 03-08-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

Is it me or does anybody else think Gerard Pique loves his own voice.

Every week hes at a press converence talkingabout ,fabregas etc.. He just annoys me.
    Sky Sports have an obsession for him and Roy Keane interviews. Sensationalism id say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

johnnyjb wrote: »
    Is it me or does anybody else think Gerard Pique loves his own voice.

Every week hes at a press converence talkingabout ,fabregas etc.. He just annoys me.
    Sky Sports have an obsession for him and Roy Keane interviews. Sensationalism id say.

Well in his defense, anything he says after the WC/during the off season was going to be picked up by the press because he is best mates with Fabregas and they were on holidays together. So he would know Cescs wished more than most. Add that to a slow news Summer and the journos are obviously going to churn it out.

It is very tiring to hear about it though, and in a way I've lost a little bit of respect for some of those Barca players because of the numerous times they have showed no respect to Wenger/Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Can't stand him :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He very regularly gives interviews in English which is why he gets such disproportionate airtime over here when looking at La Liga and Spanish stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Roy Keane gives great interviews, whether you like him or not. He's not going to bite his tongue on an issue. You can see the reporters licking their lips when they start a press conference with him. He gives great copy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Well he probably speaks better English than most of the other Barcelona players. So it would make sense for Sky to interview him more than any of the other players at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

tdv123 wrote: »
    Well he probably speaks better English than most of the other Barcelona players. So it would make sense for Sky to interview him more than any of the other players at the club.

He probably speaks better English than most Premier League players!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

He is supposed to be fluent in Manc aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Fantastic player so what if he talks a lot.

Advertisement