Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely drunk women.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

taconnol wrote: »
    Well, I do apologise for derailing this thread. In hindsight my first post was overly confrontational and presumptuous. I was merely disappointed that in a discussion on drunk partners, inability to consent didn't feature. I would have posted something similar in such a discussion in TLL but I clearly didn't handle this one very well.
    Tbqfh, I think the idea of raping someone is so deplorable and so alien to anyone on this forum, that the consent thing goes without saying.

I really don't believe you can accidentally rape someone. If there's no intent to take advantage then it's simply a mistake.

Like I said earlier, huge difference between a guy preying on drunk girls and sex occurring between two people as a result of drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

+1 HD

And it really is down to what you want out of life and relationships.

The OP was about a girl in a bar and the guy was attracted to her and in normal circumstances he would have been going great but she was chucking back vodka.

The OP's conclusion was Very Drunk Woman = Unattractive and consent didnt come in to the frame.

I used to know a woman and she is a disaster and put her in a bar and she would come on to you or not. You never really knew what was going on with her because she would either come on to you or behave like a nun. Totally unpredictable.

A friend of mine in his mid twenties recently told me how at a late night bar some woman in their group made a show of him calling him gay because he didnt want to get off with her. He does not went to get off with her cos she is always off her head and a nutter.

Funnily enough, guys after a few pints can turn into right sluts too and end up in bed with just about anyone and a few of them have posted here about it.

So women are off doing the same thing picking up guys in bars and doing the cougar thing. There is a local bar that my OH & I go to and the staff call it Cougar Town and thats the why.

I don't think there is any double standard - its the why and wherefore that some people have going out. If thats what people go out for -then & thats the general plan -then why not.

I thought when I saw Taconnal's post and others that she had more in common with the OP than she realised. The assumption is that all women respect themselves but then she (Tacconal) is trying to compare them to her own standards and maybe thats unfair to the women and to the men that go off with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Pembily wrote: »

If it was a girl asking this question, I would say the exact same thing I would not go home with a girl / guy that was hammered as I do not enjoy drunken sex and I am not a fan of hearing people puke or trying to sleep next to random drunken strangers!!!!

Well I was more interested if you think it was consentual or not?

Well I was more interested if you think it was consentual or not?

thats it really -can drunken people consent to sex.

of course the can.

is a drunken man consent and drunken woman consent different ?

they probably cringe the same in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

Drunken women are a waste of time.

Why not pick up women outside of bars and nightclubs? Why not chat up women in the day time when they are sober?

Going after women who are drunk is for guys who are desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Why not pick up women outside of bars and nightclubs? Why not chat up women in the day time when they are sober?

Because a lot of Irish women aren't open to being chatted up in everyday situations. I remember a thread a while ago whereby many admitted this.

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Because a lot of Irish women aren't open to being chatted up in everyday situations. I remember a thread a while ago whereby many admitted this.

Or rather Irishmen don't approach women or know how talk to women in everyday situations and get sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Or rather Irishmen don't approach women or know how talk to women in everyday situations and get sex.

I'm not making up what I read...here....on Boards.

But yeah, that's part of it too.

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    I'm not making up what I read...here....on Boards.

But yeah, that's part of it too.

I think Irish women are talking about guys making obvious passes.

I'm talking about when I see a gorgeous looking woman when I'm shopping in Tesco, I go right over and get chatting, actually have real conversation, get her number, arrange to meet her for a drink or see a movie later.
    Too many guys are trying to use the 5 B's to get sex - bullying, buying, begging, BS and booze.
    In desperation they go for drunk girls.
    It's really really sad.

So what you are saying is that for Irish people to mate they need to booze up first as a social lubricant.

How true is that ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

CDfm wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that for Irish people to mate they need to booze up first as a social lubricant.

How true is that ?
    I would say that is very true. I blame single sex schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

If some guy approaches me in the supermarket queue and starts talking to 'get sex', he shouldn't be surprised if he's not given a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

How true is that ?

From the viewpoint of someone who doesnt drink Id say the majority of Irish people need booze as a lubricant for just about any social activity, at least thats my experience anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i agree with taconnol's posts.
    the thread title is "extremely drunk women". we're not talking about someone being "tipsy". i found it a bit creepy that not one person had said anything about not going home with a super drunk woman because she wasn't in the right condition to give consent.

of course it's complicated, there's no simple way to detect how drunk someone is, but it's best to err on the side of caution, in my opinion. of course every adult, female or male, is responsible for how much they choose to drink. but we are also responsible for the way we treat others and our own actions. if you get drunk, you run the risk of being taken advantage of [to put it lightly] and you also run the risk of taking advantage of someone. there are consequences to both.

i think if you're sober enough to realise that the other person is a lot more drunk than you, then it's a bad idea to take them home. of course often the case is you're too drunk to make the right judgement call, male or female.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

the thread title is "extremely drunk women". we're not talking about someone being "tipsy". i found it a bit creepy that not one person had said anything about not going home with a super drunk woman because she wasn't in the right condition to give consent.

of course it's complicated, there's no simple way to detect how drunk someone is, but it's best to err on the side of caution, in my opinion. of course every adult, female or male, is responsible for how much they choose to drink. but we are also responsible for the way we treat others and our own actions. if you get drunk, you run the risk of being taken advantage of [to put it lightly] and you also run the risk of taking advantage of someone. there are consequences to both.

i think if you're sober enough to realise that the other person is a lot more drunk than you, then it's a bad idea to take them home. of course often the case is you're too drunk to make the right judgement call, male or female.

People were commenting on the individual circumstances. There was plenty of condemnation of it, just the thread has kind of meandered a bit.

I'd have my own words for it, but it's the gentlemen's club and I think posters are bearing that in mind.

There is a thread on Humanities discussing the general theme though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wouldn't sleep with anyone who was obviously out of it even my own husband so a stranger would definately be out. Its unfair imo, it is taking advantage of a situation, we all know plenty of people who do things under the influence they wouldn't normally do and which they probably regret after so I'd just err of the side of caution and say no...besides, surely any man or woman who is drunk isn't going to be much use in bed anyway?

djimi wrote: »
    From the viewpoint of someone who doesnt drink Id say the majority of Irish people need booze as a lubricant for just about any social activity, at least thats my experience anyway...
    Giselle wrote: »
    If some guy approaches me in the supermarket queue and starts talking to 'get sex', he shouldn't be surprised if he's not given a lot of time.

That kind of turns the argument on its head a bit. Its very difficult to meet Irish women in situations where they are not drinking.

Maybe you havent read all the thread - I picked out two early on in the thread (and i didnt look very hard) who may not have explicitly used those words and together with the OP that seems to be a consensus of sorts.That most lads avoid extremely drunk women.

Here they are.

amacachi wrote: »
    I turned down one very hot women and quite a few OK ones as well as female friends because they've been off their heads even when I was too. I've actually turned down a lot more women for being drunk that I've ever gotten with, something I don't plan on doing in future. :pac:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Forget that. I wont even kiss a girl that's noticably more drunk than I am. I like to think I can get a girl based on my own merits, not some magic potion.

So yes it seems that its very hard to meet sober women in Ireland.

(I must be an exception first date Stephens Green & second Kilmainham Hospital)

Its difficult to tell how drunk a woman is by their behavior alone and I have read on boards of women hoping into taxis and around to guys places and saying "I would never have done it while sober and only ever do it when drunk regret it etc. "

So the consent thing is difficult to gauge. Hypnotists say its difficult to get people to do certain things that are outside certain boundaries. But here we are talking about willing participants and not some sort of predatory style situation.

Vicecreamsundae -why is it the mans responsibility to be the arbitrer of what is right and wrong and be virtuous and pure. You cant be saying that women are feeble minded (in the Victorian sense) and dont know their own minds or cant control their own behavior when drinking.

How is it a mans responsibility when a woman drinks more than she can handle or who becomes promiscuous when she drinks. In that context and in that of the posts I quoted at what stage does the woman have to take responsibility for her own behavior as a willing participant when she has a few drinks and wants sex.

What are the general principles that you want guys to obey and why are women exempt from controling their own behaviour and taking responsibility for their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

That kind of turns the argument on its head a bit. Its very difficult to meet Irish women in situations where they are not drinking.

I don't drink, I don't think it limits my social life but even if I was a regular drinker I don't think I'd be too into the pub and club scene.

I meet people from all walks of life through my studies, my job and my hobbies. At least it means I have something in common with them.

Maybe its just me, but someone approaching me in the library with the bald aim of 'getting sex' is just creepy.

Giselle wrote: »

Maybe its just me, but someone approaching me in the library with the bald aim of 'getting sex' is just creepy.

I dont drink either and I hear you.

Sprouts have that affect on some guys :D

http://www.yllawright.com/2009/08/are-brussels-sprouts-aphrodisiac.html

Last year I was at a mini seminar and one of the women there made a play for me and it was unnerving and I wasn't available either.

I meet people from all walks of life through my studies, my job and my hobbies. At least it means I have something in common with them

Yup and yes that sounds infinitely more attractive than meeting a drunk in a nightclub . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Yup and yes that sounds infinitely more attractive than meeting a drunk in a nightclub . :)

I think if you dont drink then the chances of meeting someone in a nightclub is virtually nil. I know personally I have very little tolerance for people once they get over a certain level of intoxication. Could be just me tho!

• Advertisement

I am 18 and hate nigthtclubs with a passion: but where else am I supposed to go to meet girs my own age? Bring on collage in September.

djimi wrote: »
    . I know personally I have very little tolerance for people once they get over a certain level of intoxication. Could be just me tho!

It might be you but I dont think you are that unusual -lots of people get shy if they fancy someone.
    MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I am 18 and hate nigthtclubs with a passion: but where else am I supposed to go to meet girs my own age? Bring on collage in September.

Now college - when you go there get involved in the Clubs and Societies.

One of my friends told my son to watch and see what societies the girls are joining and sign up to all of them. They are just like you and wondering the same thing.

There's no law that says you must only talk to women in nightclubs on Fri, Sat or Sun nights.

For example if you were in Woodies buying some nails would you not find an excuse to talk to a cute chick who works there? What's stopping you from going to the park and talking to a cute chick sitting on the grass reading a book? How about talking to the girl sitting next to you on the bus?

Yes, I regularly buy nails.

There are no parks where I live and I dont use the bus, but if I did and there was a cute girl beside me, of course I would have a chat. I get what you mean though. TBH it would feel kind weird going up and chatting with people who are just out shopping or whatever, if I didnt know them.

There are no parks where I live and I dont use the bus, but if I did and there was a cute girl beside me, of course I would have a chat. I get what you mean though. TBH it would feel kind weird going up and chatting with people who are just out shopping or whatever, if I didnt know them.

You can get to know them by talking to them.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Next time you go into shop in your local supermarket say hello to everyone you come across you'd be suprised how many people want to talk:P

Next time you go into shop in your local supermarket say hello to everyone you come across you'd be suprised how many people want to talk:P
    Ha, ok I will give it a go then.

Ha, ok I will give it a go then.

Make sure when you are talking to a girl to get her to talk about herself - women never shut up whinging about their hair, clothes, make-up, their feelings etc etc etc Just listen or pretend to listen, nod you head and say every once in a while combined with a pat on the shoulder:
    (1)'Really? Janeymack'
    (2) 'I see'
    (3)'Is that so?'
    (4) 'That must have been really tough'
    (5) 'Go way? Jaysus that's shocking.'
    You'll have her bed in no time.

Make sure when you are talking to a girl to get her to talk about herself - women never shut up whinging about their hair, clothes, make-up, their feelings etc etc etc Just listen or pretend to listen, nod you head and say every once in a while combined with a pat on the shoulder:
    (1)'Really? Janeymack'
    (2) 'I see'
    (3)'Is that so?'
    Well, that made me laugh! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

(1)'Really? Janeymack'
    (2) 'I see'
    (3)'Is that so?'

LOL and have a suprised face when saying themohno1.gif

Advertisement