Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely drunk women.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

As a woman myself i would always avoid even kissing someone when i had one too many. i think i'd be fearful of the vomit monster. I have never had a drunken one night stand because i would always be aware that it might be something i would regret. We all get the horn when we are drunk. better off heading home alone though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Ha, ok I will give it a go then.

Its not all about sleeping with women by the way -its about liking women as people and friends.If you see someone you know and she has a new haircut or clothes pay her a compliment. That does make a huge difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Now i wouldn't have minded a bit of company but this girl was wrecked & i found it a huge turn off to be honest. Also, strangely her friend reacted in a very grumpy/pissed off way when i tried to talk to her???
    Were these two women Irish by any chance? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

CDfm wrote: »
    Its not all about sleeping with women by the way -its about liking women as people and friends.If you see someone you know and she has a new haircut or clothes pay her a compliment. That does make a huge difference.
    Ah here I know that! lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Giselle wrote: »
    I don't drink, I don't think it limits my social life but even if I was a regular drinker I don't think I'd be too into the pub and club scene.

I meet people from all walks of life through my studies, my job and my hobbies. At least it means I have something in common with them.

Totally agree. I'm not a drinker either and I'm sick of hearing my friends, of both sexes, saying that the only place to meet someone is in the pub or nightclub environment.

Cop out...there are plenty of other ways to meet people that don't involve drink or a blatent come on. People just don't seem capable of doing something socially unless they can have a pint in their hand to help them along ( but maybe thats a conversation for another thread )

Bottom line is if you don't want to approach or be approached by a drunk or would rather meet someone in a situation where both your judgements aren't alcohol impared it can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭jurgenscarl

That's makes as much sense as trying to sell ice to an Eskimo.
    Women are used to being complimented.
    If you see a hot bird you should try saying something like:
    "Nice dress. I saw one just like in the window of Oxfam but it looks good on you. Good choice."
    If you combine a compliment with an insult you'll have a woman's attention because she won't know whether to be insulted or not.
    She'll try and get you to be nice to her and try to put you back in your box. Which will just suck her into your trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

"Nice dress. I saw one just like in the window of Oxfam but it looks good on you. Good choice."
    If you combine a compliment with an insult you'll have a woman's attention because she won't know whether to be insulted or not.
    She'll try and get you to be nice to her and try to put you back in your box. Which will just suck her into your trap.

No you won't, she'll just realise she's talking to yet another fool taken in by that PUA crap.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

No. I would take that as an insult and then tell you to iron your face and ungrow your tits.

No you won't, she'll just realise she's talking to yet another fool taken in by that PUA crap.:)

LOL.

I didn't intend my post to be about PUA just that lots of guys are almost afraid to be friends with women. Its an interesting twist on the thread -where to meet sober women -if not the supermarket :D.

Sorry, whats PUA? Forgive my ignorance.

• Advertisement

And what exactly is crap about PUA?

Sorry, whats PUA? Forgive my ignorance.

Its pick up artist.

You can buy PUA instruction books on it -with scripted conversations and responses along the lines "of get them young treat them rough and tell em nothing".

The thing with those books is that on a night out most girls will have heard it all before and read the book reviews on line and rofl if you used the techniques.

You may pick up some tips here :D;):p

http://www.puaratings.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

jurgenscarl appears to have read The Game by Neil Strauss without realising that it's a morality tale, or that it's structured in such a way as to leave anyone reading it with an incomplete set of instructions. It's instructive to note that when Strauss wrote the Rules of the Game, he didn't include negging (disguised insults) as something worth learning in order to meet women.

Its pick up artist.

You can buy PUA instruction books on it -with scripted conversations and responses along the lines "of get them young treat them rough and tell em nothing".

The thing with those books is that on a night out most girls will have heard it all before and read the book reviews on line and rofl if you used the techniques.

You may pick up some tips here biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif

Guys who have no game are the guys who in desperation prey on drunken girls. Guys with game can pick up women anywhere or anytime and can transform a completely innocent conversation with an unsuspecting woman who is a complete stranger into a full blown sexual encounter. It's almost like a magical superpower.

Girls never suddenly blurt out: 'Ha! I know what you're doing! You cold read me in order to create attraction and build comfort and now you're using sexually suggestive NLP and performing micro kino-escalation on me. Do you think I'm stupid or what? I'm outta here buster!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Guys with game never use phrases like "guys with game" (this particular post excepted, of course) because it's irredeemably sleazy sounding, and because almost any woman you'd be interested in talking to has heard of PUAs and either thinks it's depressingly sad, or is fascinated by the mechanics of it and knows it better than you do.

And yes, people do get called on using cheap PUA tricks. I've called people out on it and chatted with female friends about some of the tricks used; I know a few people who'd be able to spot if they were being cold read. As for NLP, the less said the better.

Guys with game never use phrases like "guys with game" (this particular post excepted, of course) because it's irredeemably sleazy sounding, and because almost any woman you'd be interested in talking to has heard of PUAs and either thinks it's depressingly sad, or is fascinated by the mechanics of it and knows it better than you do.

And yes, people do get called on using cheap PUA tricks. I've called people out on it and chatted with female friends about some of the tricks used; I know a few people who'd be able to spot if they were being cold read. As for NLP, the less said the better.

Excuse me but people who have never read pua literature use cold reading, nlp and other 'tricks' in everyday life. A natural salesman who has never picked up an nlp book and never even heard of the term actually uses nlp during his sales pitches. Guys who are naturally confident and successful with women use precisely the same techniques as people who have learned pua. Through interacting with other people we all use a practised script for everyday situations and our dealings with people.
    People cold read other people all the time.
    If we were to go around trying to avoid being seduced by advertising, sweet talk and being manipulated by people we all being paranoid wrecks.

I would rather just chat and naturally see were things go tbh.

I would rather just chat and naturally see were things go tbh.

That is exactly what pua tries to do - teach guys how to just chat and be natural and to communicate their real personalities to women. It's really all about keeping a conversation interesting and keeping it going instead of being tongued tied and panicking about what to do or say or worrying if the woman thinks you are pervert or an idiot or stupid.
    Too many Irishmen are crippled by insecurity and self-hatred and use alcohol as a crutch and just cannot be their real selves.
    Women don't like drunken guys leaking insecurity and neediness pleading for them to notice them.

But Jurgenscarl -it is like sales techniques.

I work in Marketing and I am always polite to telesales people who phone me as they are usually trained in techniques to get over their shyness or embaressment if phoning people. As I was like that too when I worked in sales first.

So its the same thing with asking women out and the second time you go to the same person to do business they know you and you are on your own. Its about if they like the real you.

If you are not shy about talking to girls you dont need them or go to the extremes.

Oh right, personally I have no qualms about talking to women, no more than I have about talking to other guys anyway, OUTSIDE of nightclubs. I just find the whole set up horrible, I never feel comfortable there. Hence my problem and many other guys problems, it is hard to meet girls outside of that setting. For me drink makes it more bearable.

• Advertisement

Oh right, personally I have no qualms about talking to women, no more than I have about talking to other guys anyway, OUTSIDE of nightclubs. I just find the whole set up horrible, I never feel comfortable there. Hence my problem and many other guys problems, it is hard to meet girls outside of that setting. For me drink makes it more bearable.

So you need to beg for Giselles advice on the how and where to meet girls in a non nightclub environment :D

So you need to beg for Giselles advice on the how and where to meet girls in a non nightclub environment :D
    Haha

I plan to do what you suggested earlier, join a load of societies in college. I went to an all boys primary and secondary school which limited my social interaction with girls to quite a degree. Uni will be a welcome change.

Advertisement