Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to start 2nd year and applying for grant

Options
  • 03-08-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

I am about to start second year and I'm 33, last year I got the btea but I did not get the grant because I flonked out in first year twice in 95/96 and 96/97, I was wondering if anyone knew if I can get it for second year as its my first time to get to second year, last year I had to pay 1500 reg fee (which I still owe 600), I under seroius finacial pressure and the thoughts of having to pay another 1500 is waying on my shoulders, how can I speak about it too, has this happened anyone else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hi OP,

You should be able to get the grant for second year, as you have never studied in second year before. Mind you, you should have got the grant for first year as well, as it had been more than 5 years since you failed to complete your previous programme. This can vary sometimes, especially if you are doing a level 6 or 7 programme due to slight differences in the TLT and HE Grants schemes. I'd suggest sending in an application either way. It's free and the worst they can say is no.

Bob

Advertisement