Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Gaming Mouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Looks a bit TOO big for my liking personally.

I actually like having my thumb and baby finger to be able to rest on either side of my mouse, for tiny movements when necessary.

It looks nice though, but ill be sticking with my G5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

That looks quite comfy. I hope it goes into production, provided that it doesn't prove awkward to lift when you run out of mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

The aul mx510 will not be replaced!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Christ that's fugly :|

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ergonomic mice can be seen as either a necessary invention, or a sign that maybe these dumb pieces of plastic should just be replaced with something...
    better...

gestures_20100727.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    better...
    Yes, because trackpads are awesome, especially $70 ones.

Once you go track, you don't go back!

(can also apply to trackballs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You're not pro unless you have a ladybird

41DFGG5EJTL._SS500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

gestures_20100727.png

Check out the cuticles on that hand model. Phwar!

I've never used a trackpad before but I'm under the impression that your hand/ wrist would get tired using them over against the traditional mouse. While your hand rests on the mouse it seems that you would have to arch or tense you hand for the trackpad. Would this be correct?

I'm thinking that a trackpad MIGHT be beneficial because your fingers can be held in any way you want, since they're not gripping a physical object.
    Personally I seem to get no strains if I'm using my MBP's trackpad, *unless* the desk is too high up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

But you cant eat crisps and sweets and spill tea all over it or your hand can ye ?

It'd be all sticky and your hand wouldnt slider over it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Trackpad is poor for games imo.Not too sure about anyone else but i can't move and target something as fast as I can with a mouse

Even if you were such a clutz, it would be easier to clean as it's just a glass surface with stuff underneath, held in place by glue.
    Magic Trackpad teardown on iFixIt

A regular mouse uses microswitches, and has nasty cracks your sugary tea can spill into.

Addendum: I do not work for Apple ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The scroll wheel has been relegated to the right-side, where you rest your thumb, which makes a lot more sense than using your pointer-finger to scroll downwards.
    Ugh. I always use my thumb mouse button for mellee kills and talking on comms.

Had a trackball mouse which I found to be handy. Was good for sniping, as the mouse crosshair wouldn't change when clicking the trigger button.

Also, as you dind't need to move it around, you didn't have to have it on a mousemat. If I was to ever get a HTPC, I'd get a wireless one of these, as then I could sit on a couch and browse the web, without any need of a mousepad, but have all the benifits of a mouse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

the_syco wrote: »
    Ugh. I always use my thumb mouse button for mellee kills and talking on comms.

Had a trackball mouse which I found to be handy. Was good for sniping, as the mouse crosshair wouldn't change when clicking the trigger button.

Also, as you dind't need to move it around, you didn't have to have it on a mousemat. If I was to ever get a HTPC, I'd get a wireless one of these, as then I could sit on a couch and browse the web, without any need of a mousepad, but have all the benifits of a mouse.

I just want to know what you use for your legendary C4 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

SeantheMan wrote: »

It looks nice though, but ill be sticking with my G5

Same as, tho its on the way out now after a few years :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

too many buttons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

if it doesn't come in a left-handed version, i don't care :P other than that, looks pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

titan18 wrote: »
    Trackpad is poor for games imo.Not too sure about anyone else but i can't move and target something as fast as I can with a mouse
    ive only ever played solitaire, plants vs. zombies, and OGame on a trackpad.

Advertisement