Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dorset Naga Chillies

• 03-08-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there lads. I just jogged into the fitness forum and these chillies were mentioned. So is there any place in Limerick that sell these beauties?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The only place that I know of that stocks chillies is Tesco. They have several dried varieties - Habanero, Chipotle, Ancho and some others. Just don't look in the Tesco in Arthurs Quay. They have chillies for sale there with a best before date of Feb 2010. :eek:

Also the staff are pig-ignorant, but thats another story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there lads. I just jogged into the fitness forum and these chillies were mentioned. So is there any place in Limerick that sell these beauties?

Thanks

Why in the name of god would you want these?? You would need to be hospitalised after them!! I like things hot, but they must be ridiculous..

And why would they be appearing in the fitness forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Vanolder wrote: »
    Why in the name of god would you want these?? You would need to be hospitalised after them!! I like things hot, but they must be ridiculous..

Maybe the plan is, you go a mile from the nearest tap, eat one of the chillies, then see how fast you can make it to the tap.

I'd imagine you'd be doing it near wold record pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I'll have to get on to someone I know. As far as I know, there is an Indian foodstore in and around Limerik that stocks a fair few chillies. Will get back on to you in a bit ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

OP if you do source some, be careful handling them, and be sure to clean up your counter/chopping board after use so that not even the smallest trace is left on them.

The Dorset Naga is only about an inch long, but if you tried to eat one whole, you are looking at a hospital visit. Even fresh ones being taken from the plant cannot be touched without having a glove on as they can burn skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Vanolder wrote: »

I reckon they kill your taste buds so healthy food won't taste so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Maybe the plan is, you go a mile from the nearest tap, eat one of the chillies, then see how fast you can make it to the tap.

I'd imagine you'd be doing it near wold record pace.

And for evening training use the same drill but with a toilet this time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dunnes in the Jetland has a good selection of chillis.

They sell fresh habeneros, bird's eye chillis, green finger chillis and jalpenos.

Naga chillis I don't know where to get in Limerick, but this is the company I got the sauce that had 10% naga in it from:

http://www.govenders.com/govenders/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thanks Lads

I read that Tesco stocked them one time before and that they would not sell them to any minors.

Will check out the Jetland for the other varieties. I forgot about the Indian shops. Used to get some spices in one of the Indian places in Thomas Street.

Kess73 wrote: »
    OP if you do source some, be careful handling them, and be sure to clean up your counter/chopping board after use so that not even the smallest trace is left on them.

The Dorset Naga is only about an inch long, but if you tried to eat one whole, you are looking at a hospital visit. Even fresh ones being taken from the plant cannot be touched without having a glove on as they can burn skin.

Thanks for the warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms.Cosmo

Aldi had a good selection of chillies over the weekend... might be worth a look there too!!

Ms.Cosmo wrote: »
    Aldi had a good selection of chillies over the weekend... might be worth a look there too!!

That be great. No Dorset Nagas' I guess.

No Dorset Nagas' I guess.

Are they the same as scotch bonnets?? I think they are???
    It was a mixed pack that had them in it!!!

Maybe from the same family but a different species I believe. On a different scale in hotness all together, so I read. he prrof is in the pudding tho.

Maybe from the same family but a different species I believe. On a different scale in hotness all together, so I read.

I'm not sure... I just did a quick google and saw scotch bonnets so... They were a few different varieties in the Aldi pack though so definitely worth a look...

Let us know :)

Will be dropping in soon on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

If you find dried ones make sure to toast them first then re-hydrate in near boiling water for 10 minutes. Also it helps to wear plastic gloves when preparing them as you don't want to touch the chilli with bare skin. You might not feel anything at first if you do, but wait a few minutes and you will feel like your hands are on fire.

Or your eyes if you happen to rub them before it kicks in. :D:(

Advertisement