Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I love Chemists (especially Boots!)

• 03-08-2010 2:05am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just thought I'd post and say how wonderful chemists are; especially Superdrug and Boots. So many times I've gone into Boots to get a packet of plasters or something mundane (but functional!) and ended up spending a fortune! :o
    Nail polishes, make-up, hair slides... Functional things like shaving foam or razors. Moisturisers, from cheap and cheerful to snazzy and expensive, bath salts and all things to give yourself a treat. Nifty little gift-sets at Christmas, not to mention suncreams, sunglasses, etc for your summer holidays. And every so often you get money off vouchers and points on the little pink Boots card! :)
    Even small chemists are a little haven- I love wandering in and checking out the make-up counter and to see if there's any bargain baskets. You can even get your pictures developed there and most importantly, they fill our prescriptions and help make us better when we've been ill. Hooray for chemists. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hillbilly999

I like the salespeople in Boots:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I love them too! They always smell so lovely and clean, like what you want an hospital to smell like.

Superdrug and Boots are brilliant for little gifts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

I adore the chemist close to where I live, make up heaven!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My only problem is that I could go into Boots for a quick nose around and suddenly realise I've been in there hours! Oops! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I love the Boots card, before I know it I've built up alot of points, yipee for free stuff:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i love the free stuff offers, when you buy x, y and z get this free! i never need x, y, and z but i love the free stuff! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 steup

haha thought i was the ONLY one who had a chemist obsession!! i love them and could spend hours there if i thought i could!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭mandyarms

I've just been and spent way too much:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

I love Chemists!
    I especially love buying the BIG HUGE tins of hairspray in boots and superdrug :D and I even more especially love when boots reduce their christmas sets, Hello Soap & Glory :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Love Boots - only problem is that I go in for say, toothpaste, and end up coming out 20 minutes later with a large bag & down €40 !!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I walk into a chemist and always come out smelling of 20 different fragrances :rolleyes: I love when I get into a spontaneous mood and get a lucky dip at my local chemist :D I've gotten some great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I love Boots :D Spending a fortune when you go in to buy one little thing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 -Colonel-Kill-

OMG i absolutely LOVE Boots! especially at xmas! with all the gift sets!
    or just before the summer season, and you see all those miniature toiletries! XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nix84

I try not to go into Boots without adult supervision, it can get fierce bad when I check my account balance! I'm Nix, I'm 26 and I'm addicted to Boots :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

I LOVE chemists.

I remember one year when I was about ten. I got obsessed with Christmas in about October, and, every week when I got my pocket money, I headed straight to the local chemist.

My parents have never got so many presents from me as they did that year. Everything from face masks to cut-your-face-into-shreds shaving kits where the razor and a face brush hang from a stand-alone holder.

Boots is dangerous. Go in for shampoo and come out with seventy million things that you forgot you needed until you saw them there on the shelf.

My last Boots visit cost me close to €200. But, I hadn't been there for a proper shop in ages and I needed everything I bought... Honestly. :P

Anybody remember getting ready to go to a Gaeltacht as a teenager and going to Boots to get the essentials and ending up with about €60 worth of new toothbrushes, cleansers, cotton buds, and God only knows what else? We didn't spend that much on food per week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

xoxyx wrote: »

Boots is dangerous. Go in for shampoo and come out with seventy million things that you forgot you needed until you saw them there on the shelf.

My last Boots visit cost me close to €200. But, I hadn't been there for a proper shop in ages and I needed everything I bought... Honestly. :P

:eek:

But I totally understand how that could happen!!
    It's so dangerous going in for one item and easily filling a basket. My mother always gets me a selection of vouchers for Christmas and asks which shops I'd like them for. I always ask for a Boots one, it's even more fun having a voucher and filling a basket of one of everything!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Oooohhh I love a good walk around Boots, reading packages and smelling creams. My favourite one is Liffey Valley, its HUGE!! Also it has loads of brand they don’t have in other branches…heaven :)

3 for 2=:):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I spend way too much money in Boots, especially on things like Soap & Glory. And all those deals they have, 3 for 2, 2 for 8 euro, always get me! Boots is the best, but I should really get in the habit of using up what I have now before I buy anything else haha

• Registered Users Posts: 35 easkey92

the smells are DIVINE :):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I'm a big Boots fan too. Also Superdrug in the square :D Even though I always come out with bag fulls it kinda works cos at the end of the month when I have no money left I'm still well stocked up. :D I love having loads of time to stroll around and check out all the deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

They're so great for buying presents. If you don;t know what to get a female friend, just pop down to the nearest chemists and there's so many options. Half my Christmas shopping was done in Sam McCauley's and Boots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

hahahah how have I not seen this forum before??? I clicked this thread because I work in a chemists and usually you are only met with contempt because people have to wait around for prescriptions. Fully expecting to see an onslaught of hatred I then thought the OP was sarcastic only to find out that this is the most joyous forum in the world. Carry on I say

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

jive wrote: »
    I clicked this thread because I work in a chemists and usually you are only met with contempt because people have to wait around for prescriptions.
    I popped into the chemist beside my workplace a few months ago during my lunchbreak. Got my 'flu vaccine and a new colour nail-polish in one quick visit. Health and beauty, what a wonderful combination. :)

And Boots No7 vouchers- God, I love these! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I love Chemists!
    I especially love buying the BIG HUGE tins of hairspray in boots and superdrug :D and I even more especially love when boots reduce their christmas sets, Hello Soap & Glory :D
    oh my god do i spend a fortune on soap and glory, or just in boots in general. and now theyve a benefit counter :) theres a boots opening just down the road from me next week, bye bye wages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

jive wrote: »
    hahahah how have I not seen this forum before??? I clicked this thread because I work in a chemists and usually you are only met with contempt because people have to wait around for prescriptions. Fully expecting to see an onslaught of hatred I then thought the OP was sarcastic only to find out that this is the most joyous forum in the world. Carry on I say

its only a minority of ppl who are rude. i dont mind waiting for my prescription, unless im in a rush but they give the option of collecting it later :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

I like the salespeople in Boots:)

My mam is a sales person in boots :)
    And cause she works there I get a discount card :)

Advertisement