Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

polypropelyne beads

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

johngalway wrote: »
    Filler material for shooting/bean bags, alternative to sand, rice etc.

Probably for sale cheaper elsewhere, but this may help someone out.

http://www.purplelindacrafts.co.uk/polypropylene-filling-beads-1kg-bag-6124-p.asp

But I think the idea is to make the bag heavy, not easy to move under recoil, and so to use the sand.

I see you were up late John, more dead foxes?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

clivej wrote: »
    But I think the idea is to make the bag heavy, not easy to move under recoil, and so to use the sand.

I see you were up late John, more dead foxes?????

No, my idea is to make it light for carrying around, rear bag don't need to be heavy, just needs to steady the gun up somewhat for my purposes. I've a Caldwell front and rear bag and you'd need another fella carrying it for ya with silver sand in it.

No out last night, I just couldn't sleep because of the late finish the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I use polypropelyne beads, they're fine for the job. If you know some one in the moulding industry ask them to get you a Kg or two, moulders buy it in bulk much cheaper than the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Or buy a cheap bean bag from the €1 shop

Bean bags have polystyrene beads, different kettle of fish altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Filler material for shooting/bean bags, alternative to sand, rice etc.

Probably for sale cheaper elsewhere, but this may help someone out.

http://www.purplelindacrafts.co.uk/polypropylene-filling-beads-1kg-bag-6124-p.asp

I got 2 caldwell bags off dC last week.
    I can get Silica sand, Limestone sand or possibly some PVC granules.
    However

My question is.
    The Caldwell bageen's seem to be just velcrowed together at the opening, Or has dC diddled me out of my Moola :D ??

I'd go with beads Tac. Niall got some sand off lads laying paving stones and it spilled in the top and out through the seams :D He still has the bags at his place, to be honest I forget how they're constructed.

I'd go with beads Tac. Niall got some sand off lads laying paving stones and it spilled in the top and out through the seams :D He still has the bags at his place, to be honest I forget how they're constructed.

I may give one of my mates a call.
    In the Molding profession

The idea of sand is not so good spilling out over scopes rifles or kit in the car.

The beads will be easier clean if there is a spillage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

My question is.
    The Caldwell bageen's seem to be just velcrowed together at the opening, Or has dC diddled me out of my Moola

That's the way the caldwell's come, tac.
    No diddling involved! And don't forget the generous dealers' discount applied to the transaction!;):D

dCorbus wrote: »
    That's the way the caldwell's come, tac.
    No diddling involved! And don't forget the generous dealers' discount applied to the transaction!;):D

I was wondering would that remark get your attention

I have to say you were a gentleman to deal with.

I have not filled the bag(s) yet
    Maybe at the weekend!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I work in a company that uses moulding as part of its process and can get any amount of polypropylene beads that i need, where would i get the empty bags so as i can fill them and use them ?

vixdname wrote: »
    I work in a company that uses moulding as part of its process and can get any amount of polypropylene beads that i need, where would i get the empty bags so as i can fill them and use them ?

Well MNSCi used to have just pieces of cloth filled with Bog mold lol

feckers robbed them all the same!

I gave dC a score for mine, I may get some PVC or polycarbonate beads off one of my former co-workers.

Unless you want to provide FOC :D:D

they are just a square shapped bag with an opening that can be fastened at the end of the day.

If you are handy with a needle and thread you could make some out of leatherette or some cloth, or just buy them empty and fill them yourself

Advertisement