Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tutorials for learning AJAX?

Options
  • 03-08-2010 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm thinking AJAX is something I'll need to become familiar with pretty soon, so I'm looking for the best tutorials for it.

I just downloaded Apache, so hopefully I'll be able to mess around with it locally...

I'm very comfortable with HTML, CSS and jQuery/Javascript, so from what I gather it shouldn't be too difficult to learn about AJAX

Any suggestions for where to start? I've googled (and will continue to do so), but the first 4 or 5 tutorials that I came across weren't much use

Cheers

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Hi Dave,

When I started out with AJAX I used the tutorial on www.w3schools.com/ajax/ - however, to make the most out of AJAX a prior knowledge of a previous scripting language and XML is essential. I find PHP the easiest to use but it's up to yourself. The next thing to keep in mind is that practice makes perfect so think of a simple example of AJAX (the one I use when teaching my students is a DDL of countries that generates (from a database table) a DDL of counties/states that generates a DDL of cities).

Hope that helps,
    Regards,
    -RD

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm very comfortable with HTML, CSS and jQuery/Javascript

You're all set so:
    http://api.jquery.com/category/ajax/

Advertisement